Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo this week talked about an exit plan for the great man.

There's no point in taking him to the Cattery in round 23.
Our last home game is round 21 against Adelaide, which hopefully should be a win.
We then have an away game against the Dockers in round 22.

What do people think?
Last game against the Crows or let him play in the derby?

I think we let him decide whether he plays against Freo or Geelong but whatever decision that might be we sure as s**t should be making sure his contribution gets acknowledged as part of the Adelaide game

Ideally it’ll be a send off for Hurn as well but I suspect his decision to retire or not will be made later. That and being the quiet guy he is he’d probably want to avoid any fanfare

Needs to have tributes and a festival. Anything less would be inadequate. Gary Ablett retirement type atmosphere he is heart and soul and should be treated as such. This is not some rando wce player retiring. He's up there most every wce goals scored.

Last edited:

I agree with Keys that JK should choose when his last game would be…. BUT I vomit at the thought that the Freo flogs would get to see him play live after we do. 🤮

So I am hoping that he makes the Adelaide game his swan song. Selfishly I want our crowd to be the one to cheer him off.

Also, if Bunga chooses to retire this year they could both go out together. I am sure JK would support that too.

What a celebration that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree with Keys that JK should choose when his last game would be…. BUT I vomit at the thought that the Freo flogs would get to see him play live after we do. 🤮

So I am hoping that he makes the Adelaide game his swan song. Selfishly I want our crowd to be the one to cheer him off.

Also, if Bunga chooses to retire this year they could both go out together. I am sure JK would support that too.

Agree with this but our horror season could be redeemed if JK kicked the winning goal after the siren to sink Freo’s top 4 hopes (or better still their finals hopes but that might be asking a bit much)

I'm all for him playing the derby. The club can really pumped it up, get the players fired up for a win to send of JK. How good would it be if we win and prevent Freo from finishing top 2 or top 4?

Don't worry about tickets, Freo only sells about 40k to their highest attended games, so we could easily get a decent west coast crowd in.

So has he come out and said he is retiring at the end of the year?
I know he is pretty much at the end but I didn't think neither he or Hurn have actually said anything.

Allen basically missing a whole year of footy with his crook foot means JK may actually be worth holding if he wants to go around again.
Who knows how well Allen will recover.

I know he is pretty much at the end but I didn't think neither he or Hurn have actually said anything.

Allen basically missing a whole year of footy with his crook foot means JK may actually be worth holding if he wants to go around again.
JK said the other day in an interview or podcast that he wont be playing next year. His body is struggling.

If we are not gonna contending for the finals again next year as expected, I would rather pump games into Jack Williams if Allen is somehow still injured or out of sorts next year. It would also speed up his development.

Last edited:
JK said the other day in an interview or podcast that he wont be playing next year. His body is struggling.

If his body is struggling then it is what it is and time to call it a day.
After what he has done for the club he goes out how/when he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JK deserves to go whenever he wants, easily my top 5 eagle of all time.
  • What I think should happen - goes after Adelaide game - last home game for the year;
  • What I (kinda) selfishly hope happens, only as in a box for work for Derby & would love to see him sink Freos top 4 hopes while enjoying free beers! (in a way wouldn't actually mind seeing Freo pay respects to the great man & I think the Freo crowd would be good to him...)
  • OR; Could we see an imminent announcement - JK decides to call it quits against the team he started with, kick 2+ goals against them and take his WCE tally to 700+ goals.

What I (kinda) selfishly hope happens, only as in a box for work for Derby & would love to see him sink Freos top 4 hopes while enjoying free beers! (in a way wouldn't actually mind seeing Freo pay respects to the great man & I think the Freo crowd would be good to him...)

Would rather his own fans clap him off for his last home against Adelaide , would be terrible to see dockers fans clap him off after they’ve just pumped us and cemented there top 4 spot, on the flip side they’d probably boo him off if we some how beat them😂

Statue, change the team name, every player has to wear a fake beard for the remainder of the season.

All three are serious and non negotiable suggestions.
I assume the podcasters will also be wearing fake beards for the rest of the season then? Anything less would be a sign that you personally don't respect JK

Simmo this week talked about an exit plan for the great man.

There's no point in taking him to the Cattery in round 23.
Our last home game is round 21 against Adelaide, which hopefully should be a win.
We then have an away game against the Dockers in round 22.

What do people think?
Last game against the Crows or let him play in the derby?
He plays in the Derby win

I’m in favour of the Home game v Adelaide exit in Rd 21 ..

He can deliver the pre game talk v Freo then get on the piss as a spectator..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be an absolute pisser if he got a box with a few ex teammates and they're sinking piss watching the derby. All day the camera at the ground just keeps panning to them as their eyes start going sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back