Exodus watch! (Opposition supporters post trade rumours here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great deal! I wanted Paine for a few weeks now, always seemed a fair trade for Karnezis. Both talented but not getting senior game time.

Eons' comment is telling. Last line is basically a give away that he made it up, and despite having my guard up after not picking up James North's sacrasm, I am still clinging on to some faint hope that Eons has some good oil, and for some inexplicable reason posted 'this may or may not be true' despite knowing it's true. I desperately need some good news.
I heard he would stay if Leigh Mathews came on board and Blacky stayed on as assistant coach.
I may or may not have dreamt that. :)

Seriously Paine for ******* Karnezis, I'll believe that when I see it. As much as I want it to be true, surely Collingwood aren't that stupid.

Seriously Paine for ******* Karnezis, I'll believe that when I see it. As much as I want it to be true, surely Collingwood aren't that stupid.

Yeah you'd think if that trade got up we'd have to chuck something else in.

Still I'm going to be optimistic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming that this unconfirmed tweet is true...

It might well be that Paine requested a trade after the Pies recruited White.

His VFL stats look pretty healthy. 45 goals, 21 goal assists, and ~100 marks in 19 games. I assume he played every game in the forwardline.

He would have to wait a while to get opportunities with us. He is a good contested mark and will benefit greatly from getting more opportunities at senior level, wish him the best.

Now leave Bontempelli alone so we can take him at 10. :)

Is Paine really any good, or is it just standard hype for young players who have yet to do anything?

Some Collingwood supporters seem to think that Paine is a little too one-dimensional who can clunk marks but struggles to provide defensive pressure. So I guess the questions are: is he an upgrade on Cornelius and if it was a direct swap for Karnezis, is this trade better value than whatever draft pick we'd end up getting.

I've calmed down from my initial excitement of the news that any player might want to join us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back