Expectation

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
As the season fast approaches, most supporters have some level of expectation of how their team will go. Personally, I've found the best years are those where you go in with moderate expectation and then see your team surpass it. 2011 was a great example, as I was just hoping West Coast would improve, but didn't expect them to reach the level they did. Now it's 2013, I'm very much in the flag expectation mood. On the flip side, 2006 was a horrible year in terms of expectation after coming so close in 2005... never really enjoyed it until reflecting back on it.

How are other supporters feeling? What is your expectation? What are your past experiences? Are Hawks supporters feeling like I did in 2006? What can Cats fans expect after their side has been up for so long? What were Sydney fans feeling during 2005 and 2012 when they weren't rated in the top few to have a crack at the flag?

Here's a chance to focus, unabashed, on your own team and your experience with expectation, be it past or present...

If I had a nickel for every time there was a thread like this on BigFooty, I'd be a rich man.

rytE7qo.png

I just want Sydney to play another Melbourne based final for the atmosphere and the memories again. Best weekend of my life this year. Another grand final... That's the dream.

F-ck it, I'll play.

I expect we'll make the 8. Where exactly, I'm not so sure. 3-6?

I expect to be excited by watching Brad Crouch and Patty Dangerfield in the same side.

I'm expecting Richmond to play finals. If Richmond was an opposition club, I'd expect them to play finals. Yet I still feel I'm setting myself up for a fall.

I just can't wait for a forwardline with

Crameri Hurley
Ryder Daniher

To make the eight again and win a final would be amazing, especially with our tough draw.
I'm going into this season cautiously optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect to play finals. I also expect to be cataclysmicly disappointed and resign myself to yet another rebuild. Such are the vagaries of being a Richmond supporter.

As the season fast approaches, most supporters have some level of expectation of how their team will go.
Personally, I've found the best years are those where you go in with moderate expectation and then see your team surpass it. 2011 was a great example, as I was just hoping West Coast would improve, but didn't ...

As an ex Victorian who has lived in Perf for the last 8 years I can say this is exactly what WC supporters do every single season.

They are too scared to pump up their team's fortunes because they all have a mortal fear of Freo fans hanging #### on them if they having an ordinary season.

It's much safer to say " Don't expect much...see how we go "

Me? I expect to win...####ing WIN god damn it..every week!! What else could I expect to happen.

Just win...unless you're a MFC fan. They're just happy they have team that still actually functions and makes it onto the field every week.

As an ex Victorian who has lived in Perf for the last 8 years I can say this is exactly what WC supporters do every single season.

They are too scared to pump up their team's fortunes because they all have a mortal fear of Freo fans hanging #### on them if they having an ordinary season.

It's much safer to say " Don't expect much...see how we go "

Me? I expect to win...####ing WIN god damn it..every week!! What else could I expect to happen.

Just win...unless you're a MFC fan. They're just happy they have team that still actually functions and makes it onto the field every week.

you must be left disappointed quite often then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back