Expectations and predictions for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

People thinking we are going to get smashed into wooden spoon are just wishing it. The reality is we have a couple of down years before coming back up and challenging...you can take that to the bank.
which bank?
the sperm bank, as you've obviously been playing with yourself o_O:eek::huh::drunk:

People thinking we are going to get smashed into wooden spoon are just wishing it. The reality is we have a couple of down years before coming back up and challenging...you can take that to the bank.

I agree, I'd say we're a 50/50 chance to play finals and the $4 on offer is overs.

I would think a reasonable outcome would be to win against 2 finalists and 3 against non finalists.
Pretty much on track, might fall short if we don't beat NM.
Got WC wrong so far (you're not alone there)
We will get flogged off the park Rd 1 and be bottom 4 by the end of round 10.
We can't get to bottom 4 by the end of round 10, you're right on the flogged in R1.
1. The coach. I really think that Ross Lyon's best days are past him. He seems to be inflexible and too invested in a defensive mind set. I will be very surprised if we have 2 wins by round 5.
Yet he got you 3 wins by R5.
I expect 6-10 wins (injury dependent).
Should end up in that range.
Fred may have been high.
8 wins. 9 max.
On track.
6-11 wins is my range.

Reckon we'll be above the North/Blues/Lions/GC quartet (Lions could surprise though). In amongst it with WCE, Collingwood, Saints, Dogs and Hawks.
Pretty spot on at this stage (except WC).
10 - 12 wins (why would we go backwards from 8 wins?)
Fyfe wins second brownlow.
Brayshaw wins rising star.
2 out of 3 aint bad.
I'm hoping Freo will finish no lower than 12th and so I'll aim high and predict 10th.
Currently in your target range.

I think we'll end on 10 wins and sit around 10th -12th spot on the ladder. We'll be in the hunt for the top 8 at some point but won't quite make it. We'll lose a game we shouldn't and win a game we shouldn't.
Pretty much what has happened so far.

From all that, we are pretty much exactly where people predicted we'd be at the start of the year. beating most of the teams we were expecting to beat (lots under-estimated WC).

Pretty everyone had the same predictions - asked for games into the kids, said we'd lose a few, hoped for no thrashings (only 1 game over 10 goals so far), ending somewhere short of the 8 but improving on last year.

Why then, after losses against teams everyone predicted we'd lose to, are we talking about throwing everything out and starting again?

Why then, after losses against teams everyone predicted we'd lose to, are we talking about throwing everything out and starting again?

I haven't seen anyone talking about throwing everything out. I have seen a few people talking about replacing the coach though.

Exactly. And "lots underestimating WC" is responsible for at least some of the angst around how we are travelling
I can pretty much guarantee if the weagles were also 4-5 and looking s**t average like almost all of us anticipated, there would be much more acceptance of where we are at. Whether we like it or not, our performance is framed against where they are at, including by most of us.

Pretty much on track, might fall short if we don't beat NM.

Got WC wrong so far (you're not alone there)

We can't get to bottom 4 by the end of round 10, you're right on the flogged in R1.

Yet he got you 3 wins by R5.

Should end up in that range.

Fred may have been high.

On track.

Pretty spot on at this stage (except WC).

2 out of 3 aint bad.

Currently in your target range.

Pretty much what has happened so far.

From all that, we are pretty much exactly where people predicted we'd be at the start of the year. beating most of the teams we were expecting to beat (lots under-estimated WC).

Pretty everyone had the same predictions - asked for games into the kids, said we'd lose a few, hoped for no thrashings (only 1 game over 10 goals so far), ending somewhere short of the 8 but improving on last year.

Agree, it's mind boggling. Too many chicken little's on here, we're where I thought we would be in fact maybe a bit ahead because Cerra and Crowden were given games b4 I thought they might and Cerra is far better than I thought he was. The other bonus is how well AP has come back.
The big disappointment for me has been the loss of Tabs who was really starting to blossom and was probably the difference (together with losing Walters early) in the WC game.

You can’t convince me that if Walters had played out the game we would not have beaten the Eags.

I did not pick us debuting so many first year players this early. On the flip side I’m gutted that Darcy hasn’t played yet.

What I got right is that Apeness is always injured. We’re better of not counting on Bennell but it will be great if he plays a few. Wilson Ryan combo is great.

Still hoping for 10 wins for the season. Should hopefully get North this weekend and Carlton before the bye. Then hopefully wins against lions bombers and Carltank. To give us 7. Then it’s a case of bagging a couple from the rest. At the start I had us sharing the honours with the eags. And getting two over Collingwood. Less likely now but we can hope.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back