Expecting a ban soon but it was worth it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeezuz H, Crsst on a crutch -

You still don't get it because you are so intent on your own little crusade .......

The game and it's rules are what they are BUT it doesn't change the act or the intent.

As for the high moral ground furphy that's rubbish.

Both acts are totally different and you know it.

Anyway done talking to you over this.

Take your bitching elsewhere

Helena I am not the one B!tching. I have no issue with the act. You clear do as you made an inflammatory remark about a football action being arrestable on the street. If that is not taking the high moral ground then I don't know what is.

What's my crusade? To highlight that we just won a Granny and to enjoy it instead of pissing and moaning about stuff that happens on football grounds on a weekly basis.

We just won a flag and this is the crap people post about.

Yes, I have. I agree it’s not fun. I think you’d find it extremely difficult to argue that Cameron intended to break Howes ribs. This is split second stuff we’re talking about.
You are right he probably did not intend to break Howes ribs but he intended to hurt him or if you like make him earn it but the ball was 10ft away and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Well I am so angry at Cameron,s late hit on Howe I did something I do not usually do I went on someone Else,s and gloated. And mate I have say it was justified and well worth it.

I cannot understand how Cameron seems to have got off scot free from his late and F-------- low act on Howe,just criminal but not surprising considering how Odea is celebrated on the Saints board.

What Cameron did could have had massive consequences for Howe and it was blatant, and now I wait for my ban.

Take it like a man. You will be revered in this forum forever for your actions. I wouldnt be surprised if your defence of Howe doesnt get to his ears and he reaches out to you.

I wonder what would've happened if the roles were reversed?
I think we have already seen what the reaction would be with the way everybody was willing to hang Maynard out to dry for Fraser, much more intent from Cameron there to hurt an opposing player but the best thing for me was how much it stung Cameron to be a loser.

I’m confused, what’s actually wrong with what Cameron did?

Don’t get wrong, Cameron is in my top 5 of most despised players, can’t stand him.

But, even if he did intend to hurt Howe, I don’t see the issue with the hit. It was an extremely tight and hard fought Grand Final, I’d want my players going out there with the same intent.
Hell, we all praise Beau and want him in the team for the exact same intent that Charlie showed, to make the opponents feel it when they’re hit.

From my view he was a split second late and we were awarded a downfield free kick, which in my opinion was all it warranted and I’ve got no issue with Charlie wanting to hurt our players, just needs to work on his timing.

Just my take.

I wonder what would've happened if the roles were reversed?
OMG! Imagine it!
Just imagine if a certain Bruzzy lines up Cameron late… goes in hard…… well after the disposal…… I’m intending harm…….Cameron is wide open…he doesn’t see it coming….. then kapow!! ….it’s full force right at his ribs.
Cameron is flattened.
That’s just summarising what happened to Howe.
But just imagine if it happened to Cameron and what the follow up by commentators, the media & oppo supporters would be.

Don’t get wrong, Cameron is in my top 5 of most despised players, can’t stand him.

But, even if he did intend to hurt Howe, I don’t see the issue with the hit. It was an extremely tight and hard fought Grand Final, I’d want my players going out there with the same intent.
Hell, we all praise Beau and want him in the team for the exact same intent that Charlie showed, to make the opponents feel it when they’re hit.

From my view he was a split second late and we were awarded a downfield free kick, which in my opinion was all it warranted and I’ve got no issue with Charlie wanting to hurt our players, just needs to work on his timing.

Just my take.
usually when you bump, you tuck the elbow, he led with the elbow, he knew what he was doing

Just my take.

1. chose to bump instead of tackle.

2. hit Howe late

3. injured Howe

Well I am so angry at Cameron,s late hit on Howe I did something I do not usually do I went on someone Else,s and gloated. And mate I have say it was justified and well worth it.

I cannot understand how Cameron seems to have got off scot free from his late and F-------- low act on Howe,just criminal but not surprising considering how Odea is celebrated on the Saints board.

What Cameron did could have had massive consequences for Howe and it was blatant, and now I wait for my ban.
Why would you get banned for telling the truth?Anyway,well done to you for raising the issue at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. chose to bump instead of tackle.

2. hit Howe late

3. injured Howe

1. Yup, he did choose to bump, but didn’t leave the ground, he tucked/compressed himself for maximum impact, came in extremely low and didn’t hit Howe in the head.

2. Yes agreed, he was slightly late, but not burn him at the stake late.

3. Absolutely feel for Howie with his ribs, but I’m sure he would agree that he (and the other hundreds of players in the AFL) chooses to play a contact sport and is well aware of the risk of injury.

Just because someone gets hurt, doesn’t automatically mean someone else needs to be punished.

It was late, but it’s a legitimate football bump. If Howe had held on a little longer it would have been heralded as the perfect bump.

Can’t go around trying to give weeks for it, unless we want to have some long conversations about other aspects of the game

If they reframe the rules where players have to be going for the ball, then players might be in trouble in the future.

Overall, it was amazing how "sporting" the players on both teams were. I was half expecting players to have their heads buried in tackles

i could make another thread....but i'd be too embarassed....and this one seems to be suitable...

but kudos to the father-son who made the pages of the Age this morning for the mistaken tat..... wonderful stuff fellas. The video was even better. You can only hope that the lack of brain cells evident was due to the grog and the celebrations. Thanks for upholding the traditions of pie fans everywhere.

It was deliberate, late and unlike a bump where the player often tucks in shoulder and elbow, his elbow was extended.

Should have at least been cited.

If he was wearing black and white and his surname was Maynard... .

Sorry Ipswich but I didn't have to much of an issue with it other than a downfield free. It was late and the down field free was rightly paid. But it was a bump to the side. It was a tight grand final and he was desperate to impact the play. He didn't get him high. The injury was unfortunate but no grounds for a ban. Charlie is a gun and id love him at the pies.

We won the game and are the premiers. Thats all that matters this week and for the summer. Enjoy it people. This feeling does not come around all that often.
It was a mile late. This is where the system is broken. Howe would have missed weeks and Cameron just gets off

1. Yup, he did choose to bump, but didn’t leave the ground, he tucked/compressed himself for maximum impact, came in extremely low and didn’t hit Howe in the head.

2. Yes agreed, he was slightly late, but not burn him at the stake late.

3. Absolutely feel for Howie with his ribs, but I’m sure he would agree that he (and the other hundreds of players in the AFL) chooses to play a contact sport and is well aware of the risk of injury.

Just because someone gets hurt, doesn’t automatically mean someone else needs to be punished.

all year we've been told if you chose to bump you live with the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back