Expecting a ban soon but it was worth it .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a late but good bump. Anyone older than a little bit would only remember the bump as something that was aimed to hurt your opposition. If a rib or two went so be it. It was a free downfield but otherwise fine

2nd point is the diagnosis of 3 broken ribs is a self diagnosis by Howe in the rooms after the match

I very much doubt he has 3 broken ribs. Sore and a bit bruised but he was up and running shortly after. "They're clicking flat out, its not ideal" is the quote from him. If he had displaced rib fractures where the bones ends were moving and clicking together he has a serious injury and would have been straight off to hospital immediately after being helped from the ground after the bump

It is a bit of player hyperbole the press has run with. Onya Howey, Champ.

Well I am so angry at Cameron,s late hit on Howe I did something I do not usually do I went on someone Else,s and gloated. And mate I have say it was justified and well worth it.

I cannot understand how Cameron seems to have got off scot free from his late and F-------- low act on Howe,just criminal but not surprising considering how Odea is celebrated on the Saints board.

What Cameron did could have had massive consequences for Howe and it was blatant, and now I wait for my ban.

Wasn't high - so "legal."

I didn't deem it reportable.
Footy is a tough game. Keep changing the rules and eventually we will be watching basketball or keepings off.
Maynard's was also brutal and not reportable IMO.
We move on from this Ipswich 👍

It was deliberate, late and unlike a bump where the player often tucks in shoulder and elbow, his elbow was extended.

Should have at least been cited.

If he was wearing black and white and his surname was Maynard... .

200% agree he knew exactly what he was doing, probably didn’t think it’ll break 3 ribs but hey, I guess according to some, it depends what bone breaks and where to determine a suspension- deliberate act to injure = dog act

Who is it?
He’s gone by a dozen or so names. Comes on here, lays down abuse, gets perma banned, then makes a new account and comes back again after a few months.

Many here know him as Bucksboys.

Is Macarthy facing the AFL Tribunal for his shoulder hit to Murphy's head? He knew what he was doing.
You’re kidding right? Incidental contact while both players were contesting the ball. Free kick for high contact and nothing more.

I agree with Monco Matt.
He did hide it well though.
No way. He turned at the very last moment to avoid a head clash, which is all he could do. Saying he intended to hit Murphy like that is tin foil hat stuff.

Considering how many suspensions there have been this season for pure accidents I thought Cameron would get at least a week. Chose to bump instead of tackle, late, intentional, high impact that caused injury.

Far more dangerous intent than someone jumping up for a spoil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering how many suspensions there have been this season for pure accidents I thought Cameron would get at least a week. Chose to bump instead of tackle, late, intentional, high impact that caused injury.

Far more dangerous intent than someone jumping up for a spoil.

...............or being headbutted in the hip like Coxy was (and cited)

What?? That was a complete accident

I know of another completely accidental concussion this finals series which resulted in a trip to the Tribunal, and in fact another instance of accidental contact to the head from this very match which resulted in a fine…

For clarity, I’m not suggesting he deliberately tried to concuss him.
In my opinion, players know if they approach a ball a certain way they can bump with impunity.
Played the ball and bumped him at the same time - he did it well.
Not preposterous, no conspiracy and no tin hats - just an opinion.

I know of another completely accidental concussion this finals series which resulted in a trip to the Tribunal, and in fact another instance of accidental contact to the head from this very match which resulted in a fine…
If Murphy wore a brightly coloured helmet and had a nuffie brother piping up in the media, maybe we could get justice.

For clarity, I’m not suggesting he deliberately tried to concuss him.
In my opinion, players know if they approach the ball a certain way they can bump with impunity.
Played the ball and bumped him at the same time - he did it well.
Not preposterous, no conspiracy and no tin hats - just an opinion.

It wasn’t a bump. Opinions can be preposterous etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

200% agree he knew exactly what he was doing, probably didn’t think it’ll break 3 ribs but hey, I guess according to some, it depends what bone breaks and where to determine a suspension- deliberate act to injure = dog act
There is no real reports of 3 broken ribs just an off the cuff remark by Howey in the rooms after the game

It was a mile late. This is where the system is broken. Howe would have missed weeks and Cameron just gets off
Based on your theory Maynard gets suspended and misses the GF. It's a contact sport, just because a player gets injured does not mean the person who made contact should be suspended. I've seen it a few times in real time, and I reckon it was a fraction of a second after the ball left his boot.

I thought McLuggage’s late shot on Daicos was worse personally. Very cowardly to lay into someone airborne with his back turned with no intention to contest the ball. Cameron’s was nothing too bad, just a moment late, nothing more than a free kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back