Expecting a ban soon but it was worth it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheap shot in the ribs
You are allowed to bump the body. You can bump as hard as you like. Lose that and we are losing a lot of the contact in a contact sport

The way he tucked himself looked like he was deliberately trying to break his ribs to me, but it is technically within the rules. Cameron isn't the first to do it, and won't be the last.

The AFL only cares if you hit the head, because apparently other injuries don't matter.

The way he tucked himself looked like he was deliberately trying to break his ribs to me, but it is technically within the rules. Cameron isn't the first to do it, and won't be the last.

The AFL only cares if you hit the head, because apparently other injuries don't matter.
He wasn't trying to break ribs.

It wasn't within the rules. It was late. I haven't followed to see if there was any consequence, but I hope there wasn't. It's an interesting one though, as if the AFL wanted to I think they could probably get a rough conduct to the body high/severe impact charge to stick. Charlie would have to argue that a late bump isn't careless or not rough conduct

You’re kidding right? Incidental contact while both players were contesting the ball. Free kick for high contact and nothing more.
My take was he tucked the shoulder in bracing for contact knowing full well Murphy had his head down. I thought he disguised it. Just my take on it. If that was Bruz on Neale do you think he'd be cited? I'd say so.

The cox fine was a shocker. Should not have been a free. Gardiner drove his head into him.
I'd fight the bloody fine. That is frigging outrageous! It will encourage more players to duck and push their heads into hips. What a disgraceful outcome. Was Coxy supposed to levitate or vanish when he saw the boofhead attempt to head butt his hip?

You are allowed to bump the body. You can bump as hard as you like. Lose that and we are losing a lot of the contact in a contact sport
What Cameron did isn’t actually allowed he gave away a free kick.

Losing cheap shots in the ribs isn’t something I’m concerned about or something that should protected. Plenty of ways to be physical without being dirty.

The bump isn’t the bump if it’s after the ball has left the area.

The bump should be when the ball is in dispute.
Yep like a tackle if the bump is late it will be penalised with 50m or down field. In that situation it isn't the bump or tackle itself that is wrong its the timing. Timing was the only thing wrong with Camerons bump

Losing cheap shots in the ribs isn’t something I’m concerned about or something that should protected. Plenty of ways to be physical without being dirty.
Timing the only problem not the bump itself. Remember it didnt break ribs either, thats what has got everyone up in arms, that false report.

Ot

Here is question for you. If Cameron bumps a fraction before Howe kicks, the kick goes sideways and OOF and Brissie goal is that bump still a cheap shot?

The legality of the timing has nothing to do with the legality of the action. See: tackling, ruck contests, speckying, etc.

Anyway, I got threatened by a Carlton mod because of this in the Oliver trade thread in response to a Melbourne fan still sore about losing to the Pies:

You must be thinking about re-building.
Out in straight sets over consecutive years. The club probably feel the current list just doesn’t have it in them.

Still not sure why I was pulled up over it. I didn’t call anyone a ‘peanut’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I got threatened by a Carlton mod because of this in the Oliver trade thread in response to a Melbourne fan still sore about losing to the Pies:

You must be thinking about re-building.
Out in straight sets over consecutive years. The club probably feel the current list just doesn’t have it in them.

Still not sure why I was pulled up over it. I didn’t call anyone a ‘peanut’.
Their mod group is hypersensitive

It seems the issue may have been with my prior post in response to ‘How many players are in the top 5?’

To which I responded:

‘Carlton has 6 of them’.

At the end of the day, Cameron's intent was to smash Howe's ribs. I can't believe anyone is supporting what that little prick did. Have you all played football? It was a dog act by an entitled little man who didn't get his own way.
Played til i turned 50. The bump is designed to hurt, its what you are trying to do, if not you would just tackle. Of course Cameron hoped he hurt Howe, its why he bumped him.

Played til i turned 50. The bump is designed to hurt, its what you are trying to do, if not you would just tackle. Of course Cameron hoped he hurt Howe, its why he bumped him.
Doesn't mean you have to support what he did. how many other times this year have you seen a player intentionally try and break someone's ribs? This isn't the 80's

Doesn't mean you have to support what he did. how many other times this year have you seen a player intentionally try and break someone's ribs? This isn't the 80's
His ribs are not broken. He got bumped in the chest region late but otherwise fairly, he will be bruised and sore, it's not a big issue

At the end of the day, Cameron's intent was to smash Howe's ribs. I can't believe anyone is supporting what that little prick did. Have you all played football? It was a dog act by an entitled little man who didn't get his own way.
wasn’t reportable but was a cheap shot, it was how my coach used to instruct us, see the ribs open get an elbow in to knock the wind out of them. It was old school.

There is no real reports of 3 broken ribs just an off the cuff remark by Howey in the rooms after the game
I doubt he’d have been walking around so comfortably on Mad Monday if he actually had 3 broken ribs. I know what that feels like and I could barely move for nearly a week afterwards without being in extreme pain.

My take was he tucked the shoulder in bracing for contact knowing full well Murphy had his head down. I thought he disguised it. Just my take on it. If that was Bruz on Neale do you think he'd be cited? I'd say so.
I think you’ve been watching too many slow motion replays. Real time he had less time than Maynard to react. He turned to protect himself, Murphy probably should have done the same. End of story.

Looking at it again looks more like a charge and his elbow is high.

Elbow was raised after contact, and the contact was with his shoulder. No idea why you keep pursuing that angle. The bump was fine, the timing was late, a down field free kick was rightfully paid. This shouldn’t even be a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back