Science/Environment Explaining evolution and natural selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

What we have here is yet another failure to grasp context.

Attempted know-all condescension thwarted yet again.

Stick to abiogenesis snookums....Even if it does explain SFA.
Thats not what you said , this is what you said

"Indeed, his meme-theory, constitutes a large component of his social-evolutionary theory."

So what social evolutionary theory is that? defend your position, for once with integrity and not ad homs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

What we have here is yet another failure to grasp context.

Attempted know-all condescension thwarted yet again.

wtf are you on about? serious question. did you even read my link?

i know all about dawkins' meme, given i've read his books. this is how i knew what you were banging on about. as i noted, it would have been a funny response from you were you cracking a joke, but it didn't seem that you were?

Stick to abiogenesis snookums....Even if it does explain SFA.

i crushed you and your inability to understand or use 'theory' in science correctly. i don't see why we need to go back there.

i crushed you and your inability to understand or use 'theory' in science correctly. i don't see why we need to go back there.

LOL....Looks like we've got a live one here....And yet another Dawkins-bot to boot.

Don't let your ego get carried away with itself now dear.:rolleyes:

To "use" something you must know the meaning of it, this thread is proof enough he has NFI about science, let alone evolution. Apparently 2 different species cant mate in evolution cause insititute of creation research said so :drunk:

LOL....Looks like we've got a live one here....

perhaps you missed it:

wtf are you on about? serious question.

And yet another Dawkins-bot to boot.

lol, you peanut. reading some of dawkins' books doesn't say anything about what i thought about them. it's also a weird retort from someone who moments ago said:

Do Do some research, before shooting your gob off....again.

so, you want us to "do some research" into what dawkins thinks or has written, but when we do we're 'dawkins-bots'. quality logic.

Don't let your ego get carried away with itself now dear.:rolleyes:

oh please. crushing theists on a topic like evolution is borderline embarrassing. talk about low-hanging fruit.

Written by John Gray, i stopped there. Any other biased articles you wanna post? where did you find this article, on the discovery insititute site? the fact that he is a brilliant biologist, you fail to acknowledge that.His works on evolutionary biology is almost unparalleled.

Secondly evolution never claim to be "know it all". Atleast try to understand even a little bit if you can, atleast make an attempt to understand. There is no doubt that species change for whatever reasons, that is a fact, how and why it changes is open to revision, thats why evolution is a theory. Dawkins' work in this field is revolutionary.

this is a fun distraction. put in the names of 2 organisms, and the site tells you how long ago they had a common ancestor.

eg, humans and chimps:
Homo sapiens Versus chimp Pan troglodytes 6.6 Million Years Ago

cats and dogs:
Felis catus Versus Canis lupus familiaris 55.0 Million Years Ago

http://www.timetree.org/home

this is a fun distraction. put in the names of 2 organisms, and the site tells you how long ago they had a common ancestor.

eg, humans and chimps:

cats and dogs:

thanks for that LLHFC, was fun as you said.:thumbsu:

eg, humans and chimps:

cats and dogs:

or we can accept we are all sons of god :thumbsu:

Great site, thanks for sharing HFC.

agree paul180 my first set of videos i posted in the OP were intended to be understandable by children which they are IMO.

if you have don't believe in evolution via natural selection, i give up, it is as certain as the sun coming up in the morning, gravity or my eventual demise.

Jason your videos are excellent and can be understood even by a very small children or Donald Trump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aristotle - People who had become initiates in the various mystery religions were not required to learn any facts but to experience certain emotions and to be put in a certain disposition.

Kirk Cameron tells you to convert a non-believer, a Christian must learn to circumvent or go around the person's intellect.

eg, humans and chimps:

cats and dogs:

It's great. Put in alligators and crocodiles and see what you get. Much more than people would think.

How cool is this?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ution-accidentally-nature-study-a7370161.html

"
Among the earliest forms of tools used by the ancestors of modern humans, a stone split to form a razor-sharp cutting edge has been used by palaeontologists investigating our evolution for decades.

But monkeys, it appears, have thrown “a bit of a spanner in the works”, according to academics at Oxford University and elsewhere.

For they have been observed in the wild in Brazil pounding rocks together and, apparently accidentally, creating almost identical stone blades.

The researchers who made the discovery said this disproved the idea that such activity was limited to humans and their ancestors, raising “interesting questions” about scientists’ understanding of our past."

Lot of similarity with our ancestors.

How cool is this?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ution-accidentally-nature-study-a7370161.html

"
Among the earliest forms of tools used by the ancestors of modern humans, a stone split to form a razor-sharp cutting edge has been used by palaeontologists investigating our evolution for decades.

But monkeys, it appears, have thrown “a bit of a spanner in the works”, according to academics at Oxford University and elsewhere.

For they have been observed in the wild in Brazil pounding rocks together and, apparently accidentally, creating almost identical stone blades.

The researchers who made the discovery said this disproved the idea that such activity was limited to humans and their ancestors, raising “interesting questions” about scientists’ understanding of our past."

Lot of similarity with our ancestors.
Who is to say "evolution" stops with homo sapiens?
Monkeys will no doubt learn more over time as will Dolphin, especially those in contact with humans as do dogs, cats and polar bears in contact with humans.
I saw a monkey smoke a cigar.........not that this is the same thing.

Who is to say "evolution" stops with homo sapiens?
Monkeys will no doubt learn more over time as will Dolphin, especially those in contact with humans as do dogs, cats and polar bears in contact with humans.
I saw a monkey smoke a cigar.........not that this is the same thing.

Evolution doesnt stop with homo sapiens, evolution is still online. You are right, dogs cats can learn some things, much less than monkeys but they still learn. Monkeys learn much more than dogs and cats but this experiment states that it cannot be a coincidence. I mean think about it, a monkey wearing a hat cause you are wearing one is vastly different than a monkey creating a ultility item like a stone blade, also you must note the researchers said these are wild monkeys, so its not like they have seen people make stone blades (who makes stone blades anymore?)

Monkeys have been observed and filmed planning and executing the "murder" of another monkey.
My point is that the fact they may be able to manufacture a tool, even if they do not know yet how to use it is not really
a big surprise to me. Monkeys have been filmed manufacturing and using tools for quite some decades.
That we do not know everything about monkey behaviour and are constantly discovering new things about them is no more a surprise.

Personally i have never been so arrogant as to place humanity on the high pedestal many do. Evolutionarily we are blip of a little over 200,000 years compared to the 230 millions years of the Dinosaurs and they are just one genera vastly more successful than the mammal let alone man.
We are not even the only species to walk upright, use tools, make clothing and develop social groups.

A Dolphin with laser technology?
That would be something.

Besides everyone knows the only real evidence of evolution in monkeys will come when they are observed paying homage to an invisible deity at the behest of one of their number wearing a dress.;);)

Monkeys have been observed and filmed planning and executing the "murder" of another monkey.
My point is that the fact they may be able to manufacture a tool, even if they do not know yet how to use it is not really
a big surprise to me. Monkeys have been filmed manufacturing and using tools for quite some decades.
That we do not know everything about monkey behaviour and are constantly discovering new things about them is no more a surprise.

Personally i have never been so arrogant as to place humanity on the high pedestal many do. Evolutionarily we are blip of a little over 200,000 years compared to the 230 millions years of the Dinosaurs and they are just one genera vastly more successful than the mammal let alone man.
We are not even the only species to walk upright, use tools, make clothing and develop social groups.

A Dolphin with laser technology?
That would be something.
The original research paper uses pretty strong language. I mean if they were INTENTIONALLY making these tools and not accidentally, then its a matter of extreme significance dont you think?

Besides everyone knows the only real evidence of evolution in monkeys will come when they are observed paying homage to an invisible deity at the behest of one of their number wearing a dress.;);)
Deity is an invention of the weak and the helpless, god died 2,000 years ago, nothing to see here anymore

The original research paper uses pretty strong language. I mean if they were INTENTIONALLY making these tools and not accidentally, then its a matter of extreme significance dont you think?
It is, but no more so than other tool making for specific and immediate use already well documented, wouldn't you agree?
071116_AM_monkey_feat_free.jpg
230px-A_Bonobo_at_the_San_Diego_Zoo_%22fishing%22_for_termites.jpg
230px-A_Bonobo_at_the_San_Diego_Zoo_%22fishing%22_for_termites.jpg
orangutan-tool-use-fishing.jpg
220px-Macaca_fascicularis_aurea_using_a_stone_tool_-_journal.pone.0072872.g002f.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back