Analysis Expression of Interest - NMFC AFL Womens Player Sponsorship?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just have missed something.
What was the thing with Heath?
It’s in the Tassie thread mate. Worth digging out.

Long and short of it, Heath posted about why we asked for a 4th Tassie game in response to some outrage on here, Carl Dilena then came on and was more expansive. Several posters expressed anger at the decision and the explanations from the club. Some were OTT abusive but they were deleted. Then Heath came back in and said wtte of - “why bother trying if you pricks are gunna slag us off? Account deleted.”

Long and short of it, Heath posted about why we asked for a 4th Tassie game in response to some outrage on here, Carl Dilena then came on and was more expansive. Several posters expressed anger at the decision and the explanations from the club. Some were OTT abusive but they were deleted. Then Heath came back in and said wtte of - “why bother trying if you pricks are gunna slag us off? Account deleted.”
The 2018 version of 'shut up and buy a membership'. I have a lot of respect for Heath but this was a massive OTT dummy spit to be honest.

Ah, I missed all of that.
Disappointing to hear.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I'm hoping he's just been told (probably by Carl) to stay off BF for a while. Rather than choosing to do this himself. Otherwise, yeah, way OTT.

I'm hoping he's just been told (probably by Carl) to stay off BF for a while. Rather than choosing to do this himself. Otherwise, yeah, way OTT.

Maybe.

Maybe someone said something that really pissed him off and he would have dropped them for it if they'd said it to his face. I didn't see all of the argument so who knows.

Maybe he opposes extra games in Tassie too and hates being caught between the club and members and supporters.

There is always stuff you don't know about going on in other peoples business.

Arguable. Very, very arguable.
Members are pissed they are being stepped on again regarding pricing and replacement games. There was always going to be angst, especially during the initial few days the news dropped.

I have a lot of time for Heath but he should have rolled with the punches on this one.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Members are pissed they are being stepped on again regarding pricing and replacement games. There was always going to be angst, especially during the initial few days the news dropped.

I have a lot of time for Heath but he should have rolled with the punches on this one.

The level of entitlement is just insane on this board sometimes. Members are allowed to do just whatever they want and Heath is required to take it on the chin? Like he owes us even a minute of his time?

How about the members not reacting like children? There's a million different ways to express frustration and displeasure at something and it is fact that some members jumped straight to insults directed at Heath. Clearly backed by mods stating posts were removed.

Slap a guy in the face and then wonder why he doesn't want to talk to you anymore? Just ridiculous.

If you don't want to do player sponsorship anymore because your feelings are just too much to bear, fine. But don't go and put Heath down for a justifiable emotional reaction too.

The level of entitlement is just insane on this board sometimes. Members are allowed to do just whatever they want and Heath is required to take it on the chin? Like he owes us even a minute of his time?

How about the members not reacting like children? There's a million different ways to express frustration and displeasure at something and it is fact that some members jumped straight to insults directed at Heath. Clearly backed by mods stating posts were removed.

Slap a guy in the face and then wonder why he doesn't want to talk to you anymore? Just ridiculous.

If you don't want to do player sponsorship anymore because your feelings are just too much to bear, fine. But don't go and put Heath down for a justifiable emotional reaction too.
Key things you missed:

1. Heath is a professional. As a professional you would assume Heath for take the high ground and ignore certain comments. Log off and come back when people have settled down.
2. Heath is paid by North.
3. North members on this board pay North (not to be confused with me saying that makes us Heath's boss or anything along those lines)
4. He makes content so North supporters and members are happy.
5. North supporters and members being happy = a good thing.
6. Cutting off a portion of die-hard members = lunacy from a business stand point.
7. It was an over reaction. 99.99% of this board love Heath. Does that mean we have to gush over everything he does even if we disagree with certain things?
8. Context matters.
9. Rolling out Archer in an effort to put out a spot fire given the recent documentary...
10. There were legitimate questions that several posters had that remain unanswered.
11. Counting facebook likes as a form of how happy North members are over the 4 games in Tassie is ridiculous. As I highlighted most of the comments were either jibberish or anger/frustration.

It's bigger than Heath. Sure that is one of the points but it's harder forking over more money when it feels like this isn't even our team to begin with. That's coming from a person that was pumped to see a North AFLW team play next year. I would have gotten behind it 1000% like I do out VFL and AFL teams. But lets not accuse North big footy posters for overreacting. The frustration is there and it is warranted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest that most members feel they have no entitlement or control over anything the club does, including ripping them off regarding their memberships.

Key things you missed:

1. Heath is a professional. As a professional you would assume Heath for take the high ground and ignore certain comments. Log off and come back when people have settled down.
2. Heath is paid by North.
3. North members on this board pay North (not to be confused with me saying that makes us Heath's boss or anything along those lines)
4. He makes content so North supporters and members are happy.
5. North supporters and members being happy = a good thing.
6. Cutting off a portion of die-hard members = lunacy from a business stand point.
7. It was an over reaction. 99.99% of this board love Heath. Does that mean we have to gush over everything he does even if we disagree with certain things?
8. Context matters.
9. Rolling out Archer in an effort to put out a spot fire given the recent documentary...
10. There were legitimate questions that several posters had that remain unanswered.
11. Counting facebook likes as a form of how happy North members are over the 4 games in Tassie is ridiculous. As I highlighted most of the comments were either jibberish or anger/frustration.

It's bigger than Heath. Sure that is one of the points but it's harder forking over more money when it feels like this isn't even our team to begin with. That's coming from a person that was pumped to see a North AFLW team play next year. I would have gotten behind it 1000% like I do out VFL and AFL teams. But lets not accuse North big footy posters for overreacting. The frustration is there and it is warranted.

All i can really gain from what you've said, that's actually on what I was actually talking about, is Heath isn't allowed to react but we are, and as poorly as we choose too. What a load. As if you're free to be a dick and they have to just smile and not care. And why? Cause money. You didn't want to make point 3 sound like that then why say it? It is exactly how some people feel here, shown by their words in posts, just like some midlife crisis parents asking to see the manager.

Heath does not have to post here, does not have to engage with us like he had been, does not have to put up with being shat upon because some posters can't behave above the level of 5 year olds.

And again, I never said the frustration didn't exist or wasn't justified. The behaviour following that frustration, that's why we are at this point. That's why peoples questions remain unanswered. Because we're just so damn special here on BF aren't we? Not like them on Facebook, no, not like them at all.

All i can really gain from what you've said, that's actually on what I was actually talking about, is Heath isn't allowed to react but we are, and as poorly as we choose too. What a load. As if you're free to be a dick and they have to just smile and not care. And why? Cause money. You didn't want to make point 3 sound like that then why say it? It is exactly how some people feel here, shown by their words in posts, just like some midlife crisis parents asking to see the manager.

Heath does not have to post here, does not have to engage with us like he had been, does not have to put up with being shat upon because some posters can't behave above the level of 5 year olds.

And again, I never said the frustration didn't exist or wasn't justified. The behaviour following that frustration, that's why we are at this point. That's why peoples questions remain unanswered. Because we're just so damn special here on BF aren't we? Not like them on Facebook, no, not like them at all.
Fair points both ways. One could equally then spin it that 'Heath is allowed to react, but "we" aren't?' :p (I'm not referring to the original poor behaviour.)

Not everyone reacted poorly at the time - though a few really did. I'd have thought Heath would have been aware enough of BF culture to know that a few will go OOT now and again, particularly in this circumstance.

If Heath's allowed to simply 'react' by withdrawing from BF (his choice) then equally others are allowed to 'react' to the club's decisions and communication relating to Tassie. What's common, it seems, is a sour taste in the mouth.

Personally, I don't think either reactions are ideal, but we are, as the club keeps telling us, the club with the most passionate supporters. :D That has a light and shadow quality.

Fair points both ways. One could equally then spin it that 'Heath is allowed to react, but "we" aren't?' :p (I'm not referring to the original poor behaviour.)

Not everyone reacted poorly at the time - though a few really did. I'd have thought Heath would have been aware enough of BF culture to know that a few will go OOT now and again, particularly in this circumstance.

If Heath's allowed to simply 'react' by withdrawing from BF (his choice) then equally others are allowed to 'react' to the club's decisions and communication relating to Tassie. What's common, it seems, is a sour taste in the mouth.

Personally, I don't think either reactions are ideal, but we are, as the club keeps telling us, the club with the most passionate supporters. :D That has a light and shadow quality.
That's the even sided analysis I have been missing.

Heath can act however he wants to, but as a professional that is getting paid by the club you would think both he and North want people to be happy no? We aren't Richmond or Collingwood so the club really can't afford to be so blaise' about a section of North supporters. Yes it might be a small part but you have die hards in here. As I said we are the one's that talk about footy and North 24/7...not the one's that signed up because they saw Maj take a pack mark or like the colour blue.

I never said some of the things said to Heath were warranted (I never saw them because as per usual the mods on this board did a great job). People react in different ways - some are logical and some need a minute to cool down. Take what was said with a pinch of salt. As I said do we need to kiss arse 24/7? even when the club has made a decision that directly upsets members/potential members + how poorly the situation unfolded.

You're damn right we are. People on this board rallied behind North when the club was on its knees at the mercy of the AFL. There is some special members on here that we all owe a lot to. Facebook is a s**t show. The point was you can't throw out meaningless stats and not expect people to double check - it was a dig at this board as if we were the opposing view - well too bad we aren't. Easy to press 'like' and not even read a story.

Marketing 101 is keeping every member happy. If you have your feelings hurt and choose to not come back than you are putting yourself above the club. I don't spend $600+ plus every year in North merch (yes all the orange, yes even red training jumpers, yes even ugly jumpers) plus a membership just to be "those people on Big footy we dismiss".

Oh please. Taking one game away from members and increasing prices wasn’t the crux of it. Mind you NOTHING on replacement games has been mentioned. But the outrage wasn’t over that. Everyone understood the reasons stated by the club and accepted it.

It was rolling out Glen Archer the next day to justify the decision.
Wasn’t bloody needed and was a poor decision by the club.
Whether it was Heath’s idea or the clubs and he followed it out, he packed up and left because we all took offense to a much loved clubmen ala Demetrius accosting Glen in 2007 to relocate us.

I have a lot of time for Heath and the hard work he does for the club, but if he doesn’t want to be involved in this website of which many of us use and love, then that’s fine.
The Archer timing was poor and was one of the dumbest things the club has done. If he or the club thought we wouldn’t call it out then maybe this site wasn’t for him.

Oh please. Taking one game away from members and increasing prices wasn’t the crux of it. Mind you NOTHING on replacement games has been mentioned. But the outrage wasn’t over that. Everyone understood the reasons stated by the club and accepted it.

Whether it was Heath’s idea or the clubs and he followed it out, he packed up and left because we all took offense to a much loved clubmen ala Demetrius accosting Glen in 2007 to relocate us.

I have a lot of time for Heath and the hard work he does for the club, but if he doesn’t want to be involved in this website of which many of us use and love, then that’s fine.
The Archer timing was poor and was one of the dumbest things the club has done. If he or the club thought we wouldn’t call it out then maybe this site wasn’t for him.
Heath is in an unusual position where his work is getting scrutinised by nearly everyone here. Nearly everything I’ve read in the past has been pretty positive. Eventually something was going to cause some angst. I hope he returns.

again, not talking about why it happened, I never even mentioned games or price increases, but seems like all the responses to the original point can't get past that. So here it is, clear as day:

NOT DEBATING THE CAUSE OF THE FRUSTRATION, IT IS JUSTIFIED TO FEEL FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY FOR UNFORTUNATELY MANY REASONS

but like i've said a couple times already, you take that anger and you insult someone (not the reasonable questioning, not the debating and pointing to flaws, not the salient points people were making, and not a lack of falling in line with club without question) you wear the consequences, in this instance we wear a shared consequence of Heath leaving. So a minority has effected the majority. Feels s**t but those consequences can and will happen. I won't have him further cursed for leaving too, especially not by some inclined to emotional reactions themselves

again, not talking about why it happened, I never even mentioned games or price increases, but seems like all the responses to the original point can't get past that. So here it is, clear as day:

NOT DEBATING THE CAUSE OF THE FRUSTRATION, IT IS JUSTIFIED TO FEEL FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY FOR UNFORTUNATELY MANY REASONS

but like i've said a couple times already, you take that anger and you insult someone (not the reasonable questioning, not the debating and pointing to flaws, not the salient points people were making, and not a lack of falling in line with club without question) you wear the consequences, in this instance we wear a shared consequence of Heath leaving. So a minority has effected the majority. Feels s**t but those consequences can and will happen. I won't have him further cursed for leaving too, especially not by some inclined to emotional reactions themselves
I think everyone would agree that Heath leaving was a result that nobody wanted. I suspect that he was stuck defending the indefensible and saw the futility in continuing the conversation. I don’t think he needed to cancel his account entirely. I might’ve missed the worst of the comments but what I read was pretty blunt but given other threads not unexpected.

I do agree that he and Carl deserved a bit more respect for doing their best to explain the situation which they didn’t have to do.

I agree with your point.
In my time on here Euge, Chris Hunt, Rob and Heath have all contributed to this forum and gave us an incite to the club, almost an inner sanctum access of sorts.
And from player sponsorship, to the Roosistance work in 2007 right through to GR and saving Jy at the tribunal - whether the club acknowledges it or not - the site does plenty for the club.

All of a sudden Carl comes on here with Heath to explain the reasoning behind this Tassie move and it all goes pearshaped with the club closing off its link with this site.
Whether Heath liked it or not, we appreciated and respected his work - particularly on here as it made all feel included and valued by the club.
To think selling a fourth game to Tasmania was the reason the linkage from bigfooty to the club was destroyed - well then you know what, I’m glad that’s the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back