Mod. Notice Expressions of interest in becoming a moderator

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for this board (and BigFooty as a whole) Sainter has found the demands of his real life too demanding to continue in his role as moderator.

I have great regard for Sainter and hope that he is rewarded properly by BigFooty for his many years of service. I also hope that he is treated with great respect by the Saints board posters when he returns here as a regular poster.

There are very few of us who remember what this board was like before Sainter was asked to help turn it around. It was a rabble. Posters from other clubs would come in here and simply rain scorn and disrespect on anything we said or did. Our club board was not worth visiting.

Years of good posts and hair-trigger moderating by Sainter has helped build this board into something worth visiting. Something to be proud of.
Along the way a number of really genuine people have stepped up and become regular posters and part of an on-line community.
I'm talking about you.

Sainter is a genuine type of bloke that attracted other posters of real character to this board.

Do you think you can fill Sainter's boots? Would you like to become a moderator of this board?

The BigFooty admin guys have left it up to Look2Me4Guidance and me to find a replacement.

Nominate yourself or someone you think would be a good moderator.
If you have been nominated by someone else, can you please advise us if you are willing to become a moderator.

Becoming a moderator is a fairly easy process, but there are a few drawbacks.
You do have to look in on the board fairly frequently.
You have to deal with whiny little turds from Collingwood or Fremantle who have posted junk which you deleted and you have to refrain from telling them what you really think.
You also get the awkward PMs from posters reacting to your warning or infraction notices.
And you lose some of your freedom to post in the manner you want to at times (although it sometimes hasn't stopped me)

Firstly, many thanks to sainter for all his work on here over, I believe, a decade or so ?!

Secondly, I would consider as great moderators (if interested) and therefore nominate:

- Bubblegoose
- Squizzy
- Benchy
- SainterK
- Percy

Saints fans,

Just allow me to reiterate Kildonan's thanks to sainter for his work as a mod over the years.

Kildonan has broadly outlined the expectations of a moderator already; I'd like to add that there is plenty of support available to new mods to get a hang of the system and your new found authority.

Thanks for all hard work Sainter, won't be same without you. Hopefully we will see you back on here posting soon.

My vote is for Nexus Helen

:)

All the Saints mods have been awesome :hearts: *no homo*

Big shoes to fill, and I've always remarked at sainter's ability to remain calm in the face of the barbarians bashing at the gates.

Generally, this is a really enjoyable place to post - and there are a heap of posters here where I'll always want to read their opinions (even where I've agreed to disagree on certain things in the past).

In addition to the good thought put into posts by most people, many are prepared to say "my bad" when they've possibly missed the mark on something. Speaks volumes compared to the main board (or SS for that matter) where people think if they keep posting the same flawed logic, their "opponents" will eventually give up. This, of course, excludes me - people will eventually come around to my way of thinking o_O .

Much of this comes down to the culture which the mods allow to develop. :thumbsu:

But also at times mods have been able to show duelling banjos/posters that they aren't that far apart in their opinions after a bit of hissing and spitting.

I'd love to assist, but there are many good alternatives. And in the words* of Clint "A man's got to know his limitations".

Saints fans,

Just allow me to reiterate Kildonan's thanks to sainter for his work as a mod over the years.

Kildonan has broadly outlined the expectations of a moderator already; I'd like to add that there is plenty of support available to new mods to get a hang of the system and your new found authority.

I'll attest to this. Messenger and his bad of merry men, helped me greatly. Don't let lack of experience put you off.

Do you guys have access to who reports posts the most out of us? Whoever legitimately reports posts might make a good mod - cut out the middle-man?

Do you guys have access to who reports posts the most out of us? Whoever legitimately reports posts might make a good mod - cut out the middle-man?

I wouldn't say it is something for which stats are kept. We're looking for people willing to continue fostering a culture on the board. To make this a place Saints supporters want to come to discuss their team.

Percy or Thunda for mine, although there are plenty of others who would do a good job (the idea of suggesting the poster formerly known as Milney Loves to Snap (IWAGD?) has some subversive appeal. Bring the insanity!).

If Squizz wants the job, of course I'd support that as I have huge respect for him, but I do feel like any shackling of his ability to speak freely and focus on all things St Kilda - rather than all things St Kilda Board - would be a shame.

I would like to vote for

aussiethunder

always has informative posts and common sense.

and if you have more than one suitable applicant like squizzy etc, have 2 moderators.

2 moderators are better than one I would assume. if you have the depth. :)

There are very few of us who remember what this board was like before Sainter was asked to help turn it around. It was a rabble. Posters from other clubs would come in here and simply rain scorn and disrespect on anything we said or did. Our club board was not worth visiting.

I wasn't here when the board was at the very bottom of the pit, but it was a bit ghostly when i first arrived. It's a credit to everyone to get it to where it is now. Should be overtaking SS soon. ;)

Flash back for some of you old timers: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/30-000-posts-good-stuff.415272/

Back to the thread, SainterK is quality.

And yeah i don't want Squizzy muzzled either. Although it would be interesting to see what he would do with mod power when a Collingwood poster drops in. Perma bans no doubt.

St Fly's vocab would knock out the lazy trolls, and the whingy PM's.

Oh wow.

Sweet, only took us 10 years. :D

But yeah, it's been good clicking back here a couple times a day and actually seeing new posts.

mick13 looks to be a promising youngster who can really contribute to the board!

Aww shucks. Hope I met your expectations L2M4G!

Also need to make another of those posts when we hit 200k!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations and thanks to Sainter and all other Saints moderators on Big Footy

I have only been on here less than a year, so can't comment on how things were in the past, but do find that the Saints board is now part of my daily diet and routine. Living in Qld I appreciate the thoughts, insights, comments, observations, tirades, and gossip of all Saints posters.

I am grateful to all that post on here, as it does give me other insights to the club, players and what is happening.

I would say that looking through the Saints posters I have seen in my short time, there are a dozen or more, who could easily do the job. A bit like the Saints squad at the moment, when we have a retiring long term star, there is a legion of very well qualified others pushing for the spot.

St Fly's vocab would knock out the lazy trolls, and the whingy PM's.

Am I truly such a fiend that I would use mine talents to bewilder and drive off villains most foul? Or would I simply create a 27 page pdf outlining the problems with forum posting, suitable behaviours, point distributions for individual punishments, disregard it and blame sentient broccoli stalks, submit it to the board for shits and giggles and table a meeting for "do I take things too seriously?" or "why vegetarians are ushering in WW3".

I do however want to express my gratitude for the time sainter has given in moderation of this forum, as not once has he or special K remarked about any statement I may have made whilst reporting.:D

Absolutely. You were always my boy!

I enjoyed my post further down the page saying something along the lines of 'I don't think many people care about how I think Armo went on the weekend'.

How far we've come :D

I would love to moderate this board at some stage. Having had some previous moderating experience on a fairly large forum. Ooh ooh, and how about my real life leadership qualities like being heavily involved in a large club at Monash? That translates to internet points rite guys!? But I think the quality of those also putting their hands up is too great to get me over the line at this stage.

Thanks Sainter and I hope we can still see you around this board in times to come.

Obviously I'd love to be a moderator of a board I love so much, but with my relative lack of experience, along with Exams coming up (14th November is my last day of High school), I'l have to decline, unless I'm assessed as the best option (probably not :D)

My votes, assuming they accept are for the guys like SainterK, AT, Percy, SS, A2R, St Fly, Squizzy etc. The big guns of our board.

I vote for Hayes or Plugger

I find myself agreeing with alot they have to say at times and they don't strike me as emotional nazi types who get overly upset when someone has a differing point of view.

I would've said I'd have been great from 2010 to early 2011 when the inbreds and the purple ones were posting their crap every other day because I'd have been going nuts on those posts with deletions and warnings, but the Saints board seems so much better now so I think we need a guy with a stun gun now, not a guy who'll pull out a flamethrower like I probably would :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back