Mod. Notice Expressions of interest in becoming a Saints Board moderator

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for positive comments, but I do not have the time available to do any justice to being a moderator on here. Thank god, I hear some say lol.

An important position, but the great thing is that there are a large number quality people on our forum, who would be excellent moderators. If you think you could give to the position, send a private message to the mods, expressing your interest and discuss this further.

Often there are people who don't see themselves being up to a job, position, or role, but would be outstanding if they took the step.

Moderating is a thankless position, but it is one that gives so much to each of us. We may not always agree with every decision, or polite message they send, asking me to cease flaming (sorry Brian Speaking) but they give our forum a tone, a respect, in which each of us can post and share with fellow Saints tragics.

As we are very aware at the moment with the Saints, outstanding administrators make the entire club (forum) so much better. If you think you have the time and willingness to get involved, time to put up your hand. Don't have to do it here, simply send a message, I think was spelt out earlier by Kildonan.

Like the new coach for the Saints, I look forward to welcoming a new moderator to follow on from the great work of Guide and to continue working with Squiz and Kildonan.

Thanks for the nomination, but due to a (at times) busy job, two kids under three (so I don't use the site when at home) and an impending tree change move to country Victoria mean that I could simply not do the job justice.

I prefer to direct my efforts towards the blog page.

I think what would be helpful, is a "job description". What exactly does being a mod involve? How much time does it take in a week? How does it effect the way that you can post? What training do you receive and when and when not to red-card someone, etc?

I find the idea of saying "yes" to a job that I don't even know the parameters and expectations of, somewhat daunting...

I think what would be helpful, is a "job description". What exactly does being a mod involve? How much time does it take in a week? How does it effect the way that you can post? What training do you receive and when and when not to red-card someone, etc?

I find the idea of saying "yes" to a job that I don't even know the parameters and expectations of, somewhat daunting...

As there are contemporaries in the role, time management is crucial only when no one is around or the traffic dictates the position, otherwise you then have the risk of conflicting actions from all mods on duty, since there's a degree of opinion as much as there are rules in place. Also already outlined is the "power set" that will be received, being forum maintenance in thread & post deletion, merging (and assumedly the stick/unstick and etc functions) as opposed to user functions impacting others directly. How you then carry yourself is largely as you have been doing without the propensity to slag off others or crack the sads in a public setting.

It's no great station to aspire to, but you do have to want to do it as it's somewhat unforgiving at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or on at least $95k a year! :rolleyes:

That one I don't get. Unless its a reference to our former Essenscum friend; then its awesome.

As there are contemporaries in the role, time management is crucial only when no one is around or the traffic dictates the position, otherwise you then have the risk of conflicting actions from all mods on duty, since there's a degree of opinion as much as there are rules in place. Also already outlined is the "power set" that will be received, being forum maintenance in thread & post deletion, merging (and assumedly the stick/unstick and etc functions) as opposed to user functions impacting others directly. How you then carry yourself is largely as you have been doing without the propensity to slag off others or crack the sads in a public setting.

It's no great station to aspire to, but you do have to want to do it as it's somewhat unforgiving at times.

Percy, I became a mod back in the dark ages and as such have not gone through the training and support processes that are currently extant. I can say that we have fairly good resources here and advice from Admin / Mods to help start the process. As for the time you put in - this is really dependent on how much you are willing to put in. Your fellow mods will mention to you if they want you to cover certain times or do more hours. We are fairly relaxed about it and hope that the modding duties don't impinge too much on your normal routine.

I was poor at explaining the infraction process to Squizzy, I hope he has forgiven me for that, but he was quite happy not infracting posters most of the time.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Being a mod is as much as what you make it. It's not about red-carding posters. It's about trying to make our board a more interesting place to visit. As mods we have tried to incorporate new things like player reviews, player sponsorship and more in depth previews and reviews. If you're interested there is a plethora of support available, don't let that hold you back. I hope I made a small contribution to making this a better place. Unfortunately I no longer have the time to do the job justice. I look forward to posting a bit more frequently. Go Saints

Guide.

I would like to add one myself who I feel should have been included, StFly

OK we might close this thread and discuss the pros and cons of the people who have been nominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back