Toast Extend Ken, regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see a range of views in this thread. At the end of the day we can disagree but we all want the best for the Power! :)

You know what?

The players love him.
The media love him.
The past players (mostly) think he is fantastic.
His employers think he is the best man for the job.
Our rivals would fall over themselves to sign him if he became available.

If it wasn't for his obvious dumpster-fire of a gameplan over the last 5 years, and his university thesis study on the effectiveness of dwarfism in elite sport, most of us would still back him, too. It is quite possible that he will take us to a premiership in the next couple of seasons.

I had all but written him off until the miraculous resurrection of Fast Kenny this season, but if the trajectory continues, and we finish top 2 and play deep into finals, there is zeronadanilch chance of Ken Hinkley being sacked this season.

I for one will cautiously creep onto the rear tray of the bandwagon, with a close eye upon the behaviour of the lead stallion, but I reserve the right to abandon my seat at the first sign of midget-mania.

You know what?

The players love him.
The media love him.
The past players (mostly) think he is fantastic.
His employers think he is the best man for the job.
Our rivals would fall over themselves to sign him if he became available.

If it wasn't for his obvious dumpster-fire of a gameplan over the last 5 years, and his university thesis study on the effectiveness of dwarfism in elite sport, most of us would still back him, too. It is quite possible that he will take us to a premiership in the next couple of seasons.

I had all but written him off until the miraculous resurrection of Fast Kenny this season, but if the trajectory continues, and we finish top 2 and play deep into finals, there is zeronadanilch chance of Ken Hinkley being sacked this season.

I for one will cautiously creep onto the rear tray of the bandwagon, with a close eye upon the behaviour of the lead stallion, but I reserve the right to abandon my seat at the first sign of midget-mania.
The guy has a 95% loss rate against the top 4. You cant win a Premiership by winning 1 or no finals. Theres a big enough sample size, nothing left to discuss.

The moment of truth arrives as we take on the reigning premiers tomorrow afternoon. And how fitting, that it is Damien Hardwick’s team, the pacesetters of the competition in the last 3 years, a model we seek to follow as we stick with our long-term coach who will finally lead us back to the top of the competition.

These are unprecedented times, and Ken is a man of the times, having led his group of assistant coaches brilliantly and seen the club to the clear top of the ladder under these unique set of circumstances. He has drafted and developed some of the best young talent in the league, and corrected some of the forward structural issues that marred his Port coaching stint to this point.

We are on the cusp of greatness. Will it happen for sure this year? I’d bet not, it’s 12 months too soon. This will be our 2001 over again (do you see where I’m going with this?) Like Choco before him, it’s time to back Ken in to the hilt, whether it’s next year or the year after, he is going to be standing on the dais holding aloft the cup with Tommy Jonas. KT, on your way out, pls put a new deal in front of this (right) man (standing).

View attachment 929828

PS Can you give up the fizzy drinks though mate 😂
Are you Ken Hinkley?

doctor-who-rain-sad.gif

The moment of truth arrives as we take on the reigning premiers tomorrow afternoon. And how fitting, that it is Damien Hardwick’s team, the pacesetters of the competition in the last 3 years, a model we seek to follow as we stick with our long-term coach who will finally lead us back to the top of the competition.

These are unprecedented times, and Ken is a man of the times, having led his group of assistant coaches brilliantly and seen the club to the clear top of the ladder under these unique set of circumstances. He has drafted and developed some of the best young talent in the league, and corrected some of the forward structural issues that marred his Port coaching stint to this point.

We are on the cusp of greatness. Will it happen for sure this year? I’d bet not, it’s 12 months too soon. This will be our 2001 over again (do you see where I’m going with this?) Like Choco before him, it’s time to back Ken in to the hilt, whether it’s next year or the year after, he is going to be standing on the dais holding aloft the cup with Tommy Jonas. KT, on your way out, pls put a new deal in front of this (right) man (standing).

View attachment 929828

PS Can you give up the fizzy drinks though mate 😂

Do you suffer from erectile dysfunction - premature ejectulation.

Until we make finals and win at least one, he doesn't get an extension.

If his contract clause says he gets a 1 year extension automatically, even if we make finals and we lose every one we play in this year, then we don't do any more than let the clause kick in and revisit it in September 2021.

No way do we have to guarantee him another $2mil - $3mil when he has achieved nothing.

BE MEAN, KEEP HIM KEEN

We need a double key nuclear codes type scenario for the Hinkley extension where Koch has one and I have the other.

Because you just know if it's up to Koch he'll get caught up in the hype and prematurely re-sign him again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re being facetious, but there a lot of strong arguments for giving him a long-term runway with unwavering support, eg rolling 5 years plans
Welcome aboard Kane.

You’re being facetious, but there a lot of strong arguments for giving him a long-term runway with unwavering support, eg rolling 5 years plans

Politicians don’t get 5 years.
I’m not against Ken and if he had delivered continual finals performances during his tenure at Port I’d have no problem with any extension of his contact. We’ve had one decent year we achieved over expectations the rest below expectations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back