Resource External competitions on BF – a history of being burnt

It isn't really a crack at him.

The point is that there was a competition, the person who was the link between the club and here left the board and as such we may never know how it turned out.

Therefore it would count as an unsuccessful external competition.
Yeah but not being on for 2 months and then first post back is pointing out something Grandsun did in a thread that hadn’t been touched for like 3 months is a little suss.

To follow up on a competition from late last year, the USAFL's Nashville Kangaroos came knocking to FJGD for a guernsey design. The club ultimately chose my design, and the thread for this can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-if-we-use-your-design.1184391/#post-53876037

Forgot to post it a few weeks back when it arrived, but a massive shoutout to nashvilleroos for following up on their word and providing me with a copy of the guernsey. Actually turned out extremely well, and Blackchrome's garment quality is pretty darn top notch, which is half the battle with guernsey design - production quality. The photos don't really do it justice, but yeah, I think it turned out really, really well.

Nashville.png

CzzckVR.png

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
To follow up on a competition from late last year, the USAFL's Nashville Kangaroos came knocking to FJGD for a guernsey design. The club ultimately chose my design, and the thread for this can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-if-we-use-your-design.1184391/#post-53876037

Forgot to post it a few weeks back when it arrived, but a massive shoutout to nashvilleroos for following up on their word and providing me with a copy of the guernsey. Actually turned out extremely well, and Blackchrome's garment quality is pretty darn top notch, which is half the battle with guernsey design - production quality. The photos don't really do it justice, but yeah, I think it turned out really, really well.

View attachment 542683

CzzckVR.png

Did the club request the watermarked sections in the blue? The design originally didn't have that.

Did the club request the watermarked sections in the blue? The design originally didn't have that.

Yeah, they followed up requesting it be added to the design. Personally I’d have gone for the cleaner look, but I don’t think the watermark came out badly or anything.

View attachment 542683

CzzckVR.png

Gibbsy might be worth adding this to the OP

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Man I just read through that Rockingham Flames thread again. Possibly my favourite thread on BF. Scorch's effort was at least one hundred billion times better than the incumbent, let alone the WordArt effort by a junior player and "rather gifted graphic design student" which was their front-runner. It seems they have finally updated their logo and uniform though, to something that I feel has not been designed by a talented junior.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Man I just read through that Rockingham Flames thread again. Possibly my favourite thread on BF. Scorch's effort was at least one hundred billion times better than the incumbent, let alone the WordArt effort by a junior player and "rather gifted graphic design student" which was their front-runner. It seems they have finally updated their logo and uniform though, to something that I feel has not been designed by a talented junior.

Hahahaha I've just done the same thing, it's so amusing and also disheartening to see these great designs posted up by our members and then every few days the club contact comes in to say some other random kid's design is leading the pack. And every time it was a new kid and every time the design was even worse than before!

Back