Science/Environment Extinction Rebellion

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
At first I thought this was just some climate activists that did a bit of lame pantomime, but then I read this post by the cofounder.

Key parts:

It’s worth naming some of these constructed delusions that have been coded into societies and institutions around the world:​

• The delusion of white-supremacy centres whiteness and the experience of white people, constructing and perpetuating the myth that white people and their lives are somehow inherently better and more valuable than people of colour.
  • The delusion of patriarchy centres the male experience, and excludes/hinders female assigned people from public life (reducing them to a possession or object for ownership or consumption). Patriarchy teaches dominating and competitive behaviours, and emphasises the idea that the world is a place of scarcity, separation and powerlessness.
  • The delusions of Eurocentrism include the notion that Europeans know what is best for the world.
  • The delusions of hetero-sexism/heteronormativity propagate the idea that heterosexuality is ‘normal’ and that other expressions of sexuality are deviant.
  • The delusions of class hierarchy uphold the theory that the rich elite are better/smarter/nobler than the rest of us, and make therefore better decisions.

Oh ok. It’s actually got zero to do with climate, climate is a Trojan horse for their nonsense agenda.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Embarrassing. It really isn't that hard to go without electricity for a few days, especially in a major city where there are modern conveniences everywhere.

If these idiots want to make a real difference, then they should all be at university getting science degrees etc., and working on the problem.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Incredible stuff. I searched google and came up with this:

"Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says climate change activists causing disruption to cities should be jailed."

Hopefully this isn't just talk and they start locking these ******* idiots up.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
At first I thought this was just some climate activists that did a bit of lame pantomime, but then I read this post by the cofounder.

Oh ok. It’s actually got zero to do with climate, climate is a Trojan horse for their nonsense agenda.

Watching these ******* idiots makes me want the human race to go extinct.

I keep reading that it is okay to break the law and block roads/transport because change is needed. There's a photo that The Age (iirc) posted of a woman who was being blocked when trying to access her dead mum's apartment, who'd died the day before.

I think that if you adopt that approach, you can't get upset when people disagree and choose to break the law to punch your head in.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When you're nihilistic and unemployed/student you don't have a purpose.

The extinction rebellion has fed off that. The lines between ANTIFA and Extinction Rebellion just blurred. Now they have a purpose and that is saving the planet.

Look on social media. There is one of these Extinction rebellion's in every town and uni across the globe.

Current aim: block the streets so people listen. Even cyclists because ya know...they are doing so much damage to the planet :drunk:

This is going to go downhill and very fast.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Even The Guardian can see there is danger for climate change with the Extinction Rebellion now being rebranded XR (rebranded wow).

Australians are not idiots and most believe that climate change is real and happening, but they also understand that there will be pain and disruption in that change and it won’t be all happy days and windmills,” he said.

“We’re wealthy and have a heavy exposure to commodity markets. A lot of Australians understand change has to come but they worry about impacts on their standard of living. I feel we have to keep that in mind when we are working through strategies.”

“It isn’t the role of the environment movement to say yes or no to things, but by the same token I would urge a degree of caution. We are all worried about another 10 years of business as usual, but when groups like ours and others plan campaigns, we have to build a really big tent with a lot of the community onside.

“I am not telling them not to do this, but we are getting to a phase where there’s a sense of despair starting to creep in and some genuine fear. This is not a bad time for cool heads.”

Even The Guardian can see there is danger for climate change with the Extinction Rebellion now being rebranded XR (rebranded wow).

Australians are not idiots and most believe that climate change is real and happening, but they also understand that there will be pain and disruption in that change and it won’t be all happy days and windmills,” he said.

“We’re wealthy and have a heavy exposure to commodity markets. A lot of Australians understand change has to come but they worry about impacts on their standard of living. I feel we have to keep that in mind when we are working through strategies.”

“It isn’t the role of the environment movement to say yes or no to things, but by the same token I would urge a degree of caution. We are all worried about another 10 years of business as usual, but when groups like ours and others plan campaigns, we have to build a really big tent with a lot of the community onside.

“I am not telling them not to do this, but we are getting to a phase where there’s a sense of despair starting to creep in and some genuine fear. This is not a bad time for cool heads.”

A point that I keep reading online is along the lines of "it doesn't matter if you don't like us, it's about putting pressure on the government to act!". But if most people are annoyed at the disruptions, a guy like ScoMo can just play populist and continue to do * all.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
A point that I keep reading online is along the lines of "it doesn't matter if you don't like us, it's about putting pressure on the government to act!". But if most people are annoyed at the disruptions, a guy like ScoMo can just play populist and continue to do fu** all.

I dont like people who cant get their own way trying to push it down my throat. Being ignored & dont like it but cant win over the populace. The guy in the article is spot on IMHO.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I dont like people who cant get their own way trying to push it down my throat. Being ignored & dont like it but cant win over the populace. The guy in the article is sot on IMHO.

The political tactics are moronic.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cops should roll in and hit the flogs with some tear gas.

Why don't they just go and chain themselves to Parliament House rather than annoying people going about their day?

These people are NOT fair dinkum, they are poseurs.

They’re watermelons. It’s the crazy left uni nutters and commies who think that they can hijack climate change as the basis for the revolution.

XR’s ‘Third Demand’ of a ‘citizen’s assembly’ is exactly that. It reads:

“Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice.”

Sounds a lot like the proletariat leading the nation ie Marx.

And that’s without finding out that the loons in red are known as the ‘Red Brigade’ which was literally the name of an Italian communist terror group.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hands up don't shoot being replicated over and over by all and sundry for varying reasons. At least these ones aren't burning stuff. It's hard to be cynical though when most want, indeed need something to be done about our environment. They've got the wrong methodology maybe.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
They’re watermelons. It’s the crazy left uni nutters and commies who think that they can hijack climate change as the basis for the revolution.

XR’s ‘Third Demand’ of a ‘citizen’s assembly’ is exactly that. It reads:

“Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice.”

Sounds a lot like the proletariat leading the nation ie Marx.

And that’s without finding out that the loons in red are known as the ‘Red Brigade’ which was literally the name of an Italian communist terror group.

Get one of the leaders of this rabble onto Q&A to face some difficult questions and it would be the end of the movement. Same with St Greta.

The ABC gifted David Suzuki his own hour on Q&A and what an embarrassment that turned out to be.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

Screenshot_20191009-205325_Reddit.jpg

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Carlos "The Jackal" and Baader-Meinhof have got nothing on this lot.

That's what happens when you are no longer allowed to discipline your kids. As soon as they outlawed the smack on the bum I knew we were in strife. No discipline, lack of family values and strong foundations = entitled shits.

If that was my son doing yoga on a bridge like that I'd march in, throw him over my knee and tan his arse with my dominant hand. If the pain doesn't get him the embarrassment of being filmed on and spread on social media with.

Back