Science/Environment Extinction Rebellion

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should they bill? Who is the "Milo" in this scenario?

Here in Melbourne the Police policy seems to be if you charge to go in, you can pay, if you force your opinion on people, no charge.

Can see some committee believing thats fair.

Who should they bill? Who is the "Milo" in this scenario?

It's you're scenario, you tell me.

Vic Police should be billing the organizers of the Extinction Rebellion for the costs involved in Policing 7 days worth of "protesting", as they should have billed the Antifa "protestors" at Milo's Melb show.

It's you're scenario, you tell me.

Vic Police should be billing the organizers of the Extinction Rebellion for the costs involved in Policing 7 days worth of "protesting", as they should have billed the Antifa "protestors" at Milo's Melb show.
No, it's your scenario:

So will the Extinction Rebellion organizers be footing the bill for 7 days worth of Police resources used on them or are they exempt because they are a religious organization? Apparently Vic Police have already billed Milo Yiannopoulos for the Melbourne protests, just wondering who's going to be out of pocket for the other Australian cities?

But you have clarified saying they should have billed the organisers.

What is the legal entity here? Where can they send the bill? Who are the organisers?

25% of the country supports the protesters at most. That’s probably being overly generous. A BigFooty poll is not an accurate reflection of Australian views.
You're eliding support for protesters and support for the idea that action is needed, type of action, extent of action, and so on.

"But they are taking action and reducing their emissions. They're just not doing enough, according to these nutters who think the world is going to end unless governments undertake drastic measures that will jeopardize the global economy in the process."

Last edited:
Why should he pay for the policing of far-left extremists?
So your argument is:
  1. Milo shouldn't have been billed.
    1. But he was billed (though he hasn't paid from what I can see)
  2. Milo was billed.
    1. XR should be billed.
  3. But nobody should be billed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon everyone... Despite where you stand on this issue, we should all agree that Milo and several of his ilk are mega flogs and deserves everything that comes their way.

None of that excuses XR being held accountable for their moronic actions though.

So your argument is:
  1. Milo shouldn't have been billed.
    1. But he was billed (though he hasn't paid from what I can see)
  2. Milo was billed.
    1. XR should be billed.
  3. But nobody should be billed.

This is getting tiresome.

1. Antifa should have been billed for disrupting Milo's event.

2. XR should be billed for their week long protests.

That's what I believe should have happened.

This is getting tiresome.

1. Antifa should have been billed for disrupting Milo's event.

2. XR should be billed for their week long protests.

That's what I believe should have happened.
OK, we got there.

Who is "antifa"? Where would the bill be sent?

Who is "XR"? Where would the bill be sent?

It follows, I assume, that you think Alan Jones should have been billed for the cost of policing the Cronulla riots?

OK, we got there.

Who is "antifa"? Where would the bill be sent?

Who is "XR"? Where would the bill be sent?

It follows, I assume, that you think Alan Jones should have been billed for the cost of policing the Cronulla riots?

Come on now, you seriously trying to tell me that Antifa and XR organisers have not applied for any sort of permits to protest with the relevant authorities, therefore the police and or govt could not possibly know who the leaders of these organised groups are?

No, it's your scenario:

But you have clarified saying they should have billed the organisers.

What is the legal entity here? Where can they send the bill? Who are the organisers?

The bloke being paid in the UK? Perhaps the POlice should be looking for costs from those arrested, pay your own way?

XR supporters after realising that everyone hates them after shutting down a city's PT system for a week and convincing nobody to do anything:
8ubGFLt.gif

We had christians banging on about dooms day, burning witches and starting wars with those that disagreed with them
we had the dooms day call with the Maya calendar
dooms day with Y2K, AIDS and the cold war
dooms day with Waco Texas
Rasputin's call of doomsday

but this time they are right

To be fair the awareness created around AIDS, Y2K and the Cold War led to actions that made the world a better place to varying degrees.

I guess that what protesting can do. XR just seen to be a bit misguided and lacking support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back