Keeper Lg. Extra letters... 2018 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rules can be confusing, I only see that Coaches are allocated a first and second round selection and further selections once list spots are opened. No official mention of taking these selections to the draft.

Trading them would create essentially 2 changes to a list.

I would have assumed a minimum number of picks should be taken to ensure some youth remains on each list but can't see it officially.

Do we still go by the rule that every side has to have 2 free spots for the draft
No -that was superseded by a rule that you only needed to have a certain number of changes, including trades...

We have not been very good at keeping the Rules page updated as the league has evolved over the years...

Rules can be confusing, I only see that Coaches are allocated a first and second round selection and further selections once list spots are opened. No official mention of taking these selections to the draft.

Trading them would create essentially 2 changes to a list.

I would have assumed a minimum number of picks should be taken to ensure some youth remains on each list but can't see it officially.

yeah, originally we had to take two picks in the draft, and you were only given extra picks as needed - we changed that though, as we felt the better sides were denied the currency of being able to trade away picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds etc that they did not need... Again, if the rules were not updated to reflect that is a shame as it would be a bloody long search though the threads to find the discussion about it!

... re list turnover, we have a league that has the ability to trade for 50 weeks of the year and we also have 5 FA selections in season... drafting is one strategy to build a list, but it is not essential..

I don't think i have any players of note on my list that I drafted into the list - apart from a few kids like Mountford, Scheer and whoever I pick with 39, all the rest from memory have been either traded in or picked up of the FA list.

On lunch, delistings done and lists should be up to date.

Not following the other conversation but I’m assuming TW is telling everyone how terrible he is at drafting? :p
yeah, I tried it once (2013 pre-season) and I got myself 6 (or 7?) picks in the top 28! I was sure to clean up...

pick 12 Jono O'Rourke
pick 13 Lachie Plowman
pick 14 Kristen Jakcsh
Pick 20 Nathan Hrovat
Pick 22 Taylor Garner
Pick 28 was Josh Simpson

After that, i decided to stick to the late 3rd rounds and beyond with 1-2 picks per year lol.

I had a look at my list, and ALL were traded in except for 9 player, of which 5 were FA and 3 were drafted (Williams, Scheer and Mountford). The other player is Bellchambers, and unless he was traded in very early, he has been on my list since this league started!

I have collected for myself 5 picks between the late 2nd/early 4th round for the draft next year though, so I might have another crack (unlikely)

yeah, originally we had to take two picks in the draft, and you were only given extra picks as needed - we changed that though, as we felt the better sides were denied the currency of being able to trade away picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds etc that they did not need... Again, if the rules were not updated to reflect that is a shame as it would be a bloody long search though the threads to find the discussion about it!

I think we nees to find it. Cant remember tje vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because i was refreshing the rules and just noticed. I was under the impression we did and saw some clubs only have one spot. So not really all that weird tbh lol

yeah, I tried it once (2013 pre-season) and I got myself 6 (or 7?) picks in the top 28! I was sure to clean up...

pick 12 Jono O'Rourke
pick 13 Lachie Plowman
pick 14 Kristen Jakcsh
Pick 20 Nathan Hrovat
Pick 22 Taylor Garner
Pick 28 was Josh Simpson

After that, i decided to stick to the late 3rd rounds and beyond with 1-2 picks per year lol.

I had a look at my list, and ALL were traded in except for 9 player, of which 5 were FA and 3 were drafted (Williams, Scheer and Mountford). The other player is Bellchambers, and unless he was traded in very early, he has been on my list since this league started!

I have collected for myself 5 picks between the late 2nd/early 4th round for the draft next year though, so I might have another crack (unlikely)
I hope my zillion picks turn out better. :p

Im not asking about future picks. It also came to mind as a coach wasnt sure if he could trade his future 2nd as he doesnt have a future first.
... yeah, but if we could trade our future picks without knowing if we actually had future picks, could we really trade future picks?.. does that make sense :huh:

As Unknown Caller is the only one with access to the front rule page, he probably needs to update it if he has the time..

I'm looking to move up with pick 14 to a pick in the 5-11 Range, also looking to move up with one of my picks in the 40s to a pick in the 20s or 30s. Have picks and most of my list available for anyone who can improve my picks.

I'm looking to move up with pick 14 to a pick in the 5-11 Range, also looking to move up with one of my picks in the 40s to a pick in the 20s or 30s. Have picks and most of my list available for anyone who can improve my picks.

PM sent ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back