gocatsgo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Reading
In light of tonights draw between Port and Geelong, I was wondering what people thought of the AFL bringing in extra time to decide games like it has in the finals.

This is the second draw this year, and with the evening of the competition, in the future we may see a lot more.

Thoughts?

I am in favour of it! Draws are universally detested in football so 5 minutes extra time each way, a total of half a quarter, to decide a match that has ended with scores level at the end of regulation time seems reasonable. It would satisfy everyone and create more excitement, especially if my long-held wish of installing a clock showing time remaining is implemented.

Daniel

I am sure it was. I just have to say that I sympathise with the Port supporters and can understand why they would feel unjustly treated. I can remember a few games that have only had 3 or 4 goals scored but have gone longer than 24 minutes.

And I am not surprised that you are happy to share the points. Any team would be after being comprehensively outplayed and deserving to be 5 to 6 goals down.

Personally I would hate to see our game be made so there are always winners - and the best game have ever seen was a draw, because it was so close and exciting . . . so why drag it out of the players and make one team lose after drawing on the siren. Two teams can be equally as good on the day and the 2 points should stay

8 behinds were rushed sainter, we weren't outplayed that much.

The wind was 40 knots accross the ground, the rain was falling down at different times, the ground was dewy, if anything it was a surprise that 78 all was the final score, it should have been closer to 50 all.

Both teams played well, but made a few costly mistakes, what else would you expect in those soughts of conditions.

Unlike you, we don't play in perfect conditions every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back