Toast Extraordinary dexterity

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
With the unfortunate demise of the late great Diego Maradona it has got me to thinking of celebrating the undeniable freakish skills of this absolute god like footballer (soccer player if that's your position).

I would like all of us to bring into discussion other footballers or any other sports be it soccer, Australian rules, rugby union and rugby league or any other dexterous required discipline you can think of.

Of course being a forum centred around Australian football there'll be obvious biases in this discussion, that's ok, in fact it's invited I want to celebrate the jaw dropping skills of any discipline though. Off the top of my head of my head I have a few off road racers in here, because I know the game and have raced myself and realize the chasm between myself and those mentioned are universes. Purely realizing the dexterity that I do not possess to reach the almost impossible heights of them.

I'm sure many of you if not all will recognize the chasms in your own chosen disciplines.

The emphasis being on beings with exceptional wow factor talent.

So off the top of my head (literally thinking of right now!) I'll start with these - captain obvious it will start with Australian rules players and I'll add some others.

• Anyone with the surname of:
  • Rioli, Krakoeur or Ablett - they are of the sublime.
^
I'll get howled downed for this but possibly even if ever so slightly marginally better than the great Peter Daicos. (Apologies I know his name is probably the definition of dexterity)
  • Peter Matera
  • Brent Harvey
  • Eddie Betts
  • Dusty
  • Alan Didak
  • Tippa
  • Ron Barrasi
Others from other disciplines that I consider:
  • Michael Schumacher
  • Stefan Everts
  • Mick Doohan
  • Pele
  • Messi
  • Valentino Rossi
  • Peter Brock
  • Robbie Maddison
  • Travis Pastrana
  • Kelly Slater
  • Federer
  • Topy Price
  • Serena Williams
  • Jeff Herlings
  • Michael Jordan
  • Kobe Bryant
  • Magic Johnson
  • Wayne Rooney
  • Jeff Leisk
If you do not recognize any of these names I suggest you look them up and do yourselves a favour and watch any you tube vids you can find. They are absolute gems!

Remember I've literally though of these people off the top of my head, every single one of them display dexterity or motor skills well above and beyond the ordinary. I've literally put this together in less than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Message to Mods, if you feel this is not the appropriate board the please feel free to move it appropriately. Apologies for any inconvenience.

maradona was a drug addict, a cheat, a philanderer and a tax dodger.

i dont care if he kicked a ball ok he was a crap human.

The world would be a boring place without people like Maradona, he did it his way and will be remembered forever for it, Like Elvis and Al Capone

Muggsy Bogues owns this thread. If you don't know who he is, he was a 5'3" NBA player. Not just any player either, played almost 900 games with many of them as a starting point guard. He was an incredible athlete

The world would be a boring place without people like Maradona, he did it his way and will be remembered forever for it, Like Elvis and Al Capone

if my choices are being bored or living with drug addicts and gangsters ill be bored. 'doing it his way' can usually be substituted for 'they were intolerable arseholes'. but i suppose everyone is a great bloke once their dead

Dexterity - skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands.

Come on down Shane Edwards. He is the current king.

Dexterity - skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands.

Come on down Shane Edwards. He is the current king.
Jesaulenko, Modra.

Betts seemed to always have the ball on a string. Amazing touch.
But did he kick 9 goals in a half like Jeff Farmer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even understand this post. You say 'dexterous' then name a just starts from other sports.

Rooney for instance is a legend of England and Man Utd but I wouldn't consider him in this post, you're talking like Ronaldinho or Cantona etc.

Don't really look hard at soccer so it's only an assumption on my part, thanks for putting these names up. Any others in your etc.?

im slagging off dead sportsmen behind a fake name on the internet.

of course i have nothing to contribute.

Yes of course that is evident, you are a bitter vindictive human being.

If you want to hijack a thread to vent your spleen about other less than perfect humans, there's a whole board dedicated to non football matters. Go f*k off over there. This thread is for celebrating exceptional skill.

Silvio Foschini had a bit of wow about him.

John McEnroe IMO the most gifted tennis player ever. A genius who at his peak was almost unplayable. Remember watching one game where he literally walked into and attacked Lendl's first serve. Mind blowing talent

With the unfortunate demise of the late great Diego Maradona it has got me to thinking of celebrating the undeniable freakish skills of this absolute god like footballer (soccer player if that's your position).

I would like all of us to bring into discussion other footballers or any other sports be it soccer, Australian rules, rugby union and rugby league or any other dexterous required discipline you can think of.

Of course being a forum centred around Australian football there'll be obvious biases in this discussion, that's ok, in fact it's invited I want to celebrate the jaw dropping skills of any discipline though. Off the top of my head of my head I have a few off road racers in here, because I know the game and have raced myself and realize the chasm between myself and those mentioned are universes. Purely realizing the dexterity that I do not possess to reach the almost impossible heights of them.

I'm sure many of you if not all will recognize the chasms in your own chosen disciplines.

The emphasis being on beings with exceptional wow factor talent.

So off the top of my head (literally thinking of right now!) I'll start with these - captain obvious it will start with Australian rules players and I'll add some others.

• Anyone with the surname of:
  • Rioli, Krakoeur or Ablett - they are of the sublime.
^
I'll get howled downed for this but possibly even if ever so slightly marginally better than the great Peter Daicos. (Apologies I know his name is probably the definition of dexterity)
  • Peter Matera
  • Brent Harvey
  • Eddie Betts
  • Dusty
  • Alan Didak
  • Tippa
  • Ron Barrasi
Others from other disciplines that I consider:
  • Michael Schumacher
  • Stefan Everts
  • Mick Doohan
  • Pele
  • Messi
  • Valentino Rossi
  • Peter Brock
  • Robbie Maddison
  • Travis Pastrana
  • Kelly Slater
  • Federer
  • Topy Price
  • Serena Williams
  • Jeff Herlings
  • Michael Jordan
  • Kobe Bryant
  • Magic Johnson
  • Wayne Rooney
  • Jeff Leisk
If you do not recognize any of these names I suggest you look them up and do yourselves a favour and watch any you tube vids you can find. They are absolute gems!

Remember I've literally though of these people off the top of my head, every single one of them display dexterity or motor skills well above and beyond the ordinary. I've literally put this together in less than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Message to Mods, if you feel this is not the appropriate board the please feel free to move it appropriately. Apologies for any inconvenience.
I have 2 words for you, Day Cos.

Best soccer player i've seen was Ronaldo (the Brazilian dude), watched Brazil play a few world cups ago and he was sprinting straight up the middle away from his goal and to this day i don't understand how he did it but he gave a lace out pass to a team mate running towards goal, my words can't describe it properly but if you seen it you would tip your hat, amazing play.

Would definitely be up there, but for me Roy Jones Junior might just be the most entertaining and amazing athlete to walk the earth.
That's different to dexterity. And Jones was good, nay, great. But the most amazing athlete to walk the earth? That's a huge stretch.

I didn't like Sugar Ray that much. I'd rather watch Jones, or De La Hoya (prime), Chavez, Monzon, Pacman, loads of boxers before Leonard. Actually, I could probably name 50 I'd watch before Leonard.

Most watchable boxers, that would be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back