Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo seemed to surround himself with coaches who couldn't challenge him

Let’s hope Ratten isn’t a yes-man, coming from a successful club and all. I just can’t see a guy of his experience, from a winning culture, playing second fiddle to Richo.

Former tiger and current Frankston player Jake Batchelor joins the Saints coaching group and Adam skrobabalak promoted to full time saints coach .
Starting to get a clearer picture of who's fault it will be next year :p

According to the Saints site, both Skrobalak and Batchelor will be development coaches from October.

Former tiger and current Frankston player Jake Batchelor joins the Saints coaching group and Adam skrobabalak promoted to full time saints coach .

For linking purposes;
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-09-08/saints-add-to-coaching-group

St Kilda’s revamped coaching group will have another new face next season, with Jake Batchelor joining the club as a development coach.

After seven years and 84 senior games with Richmond, Batchelor joined the Frankston Dolphins in 2018 as a playing assistant coach.

The 26-year-old impressed in his role, developing the Dolphins’ young defenders and also spent time at the Saints in a part-time capacity in the second half of the season.

Talented part-time assistant coach Adam Skrobalak will also step up his involvement through a full-time development role with St Kilda in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we happy with Jake Batchelor and Skrobalak?
How many more positions do we need to fill? Still hanging out for Lenny, Harves and Caracella :)

You'd hope that Batchelor comes with some Richmond IP. Happy enough to give him a shot.

How many more positions do we need to fill? Still hanging out for Lenny, Harves and Caracella :)
Impossible for fans to say really. Sounds like Batchelor did some good stuff this year at both the Saints and Frankston. Recent player. Sounds good. Skrobalak....again, who would know? Must have been happy with him. Pierce came on nicely. I'll back it in.

You'd hope that Batchelor comes with some Richmond IP. Happy enough to give him a shot.

Also a younger guy to connect with our young players not a bad idea.

Having seen them a bit down at Frankston this year they both look like they know the game well and work together well.
Batchy is very vocal on and off the field and although the win/loss results dont look impressive the group did develop down at the dolphins over the course of the year.
I also like that both have been at St Kilda over the last year in a part time basis, seems we have seen what they can offer and got them on board full time now.
Im backing them in

Coaching personel, structures and Intel are where St.Kilda FC need to be right now. This will not be a quick fix. Put the foundations down. As Clarko said in his presser - systems, structures not genius on the day moves. Without this its pointless trying to attract top end talent that are proven and come at top price.

We have good youth and are attempting to get more - stay the course. That doesn't mean we don't need leaders that set standards but that's all been said. Getting players like Hannebery (whether we get him or not) isn't about getting players to challenge for finals its about player culture and the psychology of being an elite club and playing group.

He's just had a promotion to a full time time apparently....

And Jake Bachelor has signed as a development coach....
I am pinning my hopes on the idea that the coach was good but Longer, Hickey and Holmes had extremely low ceilings as players that the best coach couldn't improve. Pierce was always going to take a while, so I'm happy enough with him.

Still, Bachelor and Scrabbledacks a little underwhelming. But what do I know, they could be great.

I am pinning my hopes on the idea that the coach was good but Longer, Hickey and Holmes had extremely low ceilings as players that the best coach couldn't improve. Pierce was always going to take a while, so I'm happy enough with him.

Still, Bachelor and Scrabbledacks a little underwhelming. But what do I know, they could be great.
As someone said earlier, he has done a very good job with Pierce who he had full time so that is promising. I know he rates Pierce highly so that might be good for him as he might push for another contract.

We were probably always going to go for a couple of less experienced guys in the development area after we announced Ratten and Laide. We still have one more to announce by the sounds of it which says it might be from a side playing finals.

As someone said earlier, he has done a very good job with Pierce who he had full time so that is promising. I know he rates Pierce highly so that might be good for him as he might push for another contract.

We were probably always going to go for a couple of less experienced guys in the development area after we announced Ratten and Laide. We still have one more to announce by the sounds of it which says it might be from a side playing finals.

How many more positions are there available? Still hoping for Lenny or Mitchell although unlikely. Wonder what’s happening with Gubby Allen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back