Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with young people today is they expect immediate success. Poor kids should have been around in the mid 80's. The coaches back then were pathetic.

No one gives a * about what happened in the 80's, it was 30 ******* years ago ffs. There was no salary cap, equalisation, etc. * the 80's!

The problem with young people today is they expect immediate success. Poor kids should have been around in the mid 80's. The coaches back then were pathetic.

These millennials with their techno zip zaps, skateboards and rude haircuts expecting success so soon after '66!

Bloody hooligans wouldn't know what adversity was it if smacked 'em in the face, I shared a bedroom with my brother, and our toilet was in the backyard ffs!

No one gives a **** about what happened in the 80's, it was 30 ******* years ago ffs. There was no salary cap, equalisation, etc. **** the 80's!
*n soft utensils the lot of ya. Harden the * up and grow a pair and stick with the program FFS. Soft soft soft FFS.

The 80's were ******* hard... they built character FFS and put some ******* concrete it your ******* spine.

* three loses in a row... boo ******* hoo... we went three seasons in a ******* row of ******* losses.

And had to eat cold ******* pies at half time... where we were ******* spoilt on rare ******* occasions when the ******* little league won a ******* game and we'd celebrate for three ******* months FFS.

Lol.

****n soft utensils the lot of ya. Harden the **** up and grow a pair and stick with the program FFS. Soft soft soft FFS.

The 80's were ******* hard... they built character FFS and put some ******* concrete it your ******* spine.

**** three loses in a row... boo ******* hoo... we went three seasons in a ******* row of ******* losses.

And had to eat cold ******* pies at half time... where we were ******* spoilt on rare ******* occasions when the ******* little league won a ******* game and we'd celebrate for three ******* months FFS.

Lol.

Not bad tbh

On a serious note, my missus would make a better coach than Richo.

All she talks about is my putrid ball movement, how I struggle to switch sides and that she prefers me to go long and straight up the middle because I keep missing the target!

I tell her it's because she's not very good on the spread...

******* hell campaigner. At the moment sounds like forward ball movement is slow, come in quicker & deeper, put it down her throat

No one gives a **** about what happened in the 80's, it was 30 ******* years ago ffs. There was no salary cap, equalisation, etc. **** the 80's!

It isn't about the 80's. It's about soft supporters who sook and whinge because they overrated a lost so it's everyone else's fault. Grow some balls and man up. We had a huge chance 7 years ago so it's not like we have stuffed up on the systems of today's footy. Some of the crap on here after losses is mind boggling. Coaches can't develop. How the hell would we know that. We aren't inside the club. I think we have enough good people at the club who would see that as a problem if it was a problem. People write things on here as if it would be new to the coach. I reckon the coach thought about those things 2 years before we did on here

We are a good honest side. If people thought more then that's there lack of footy knowledge not the coaches can't coach

Anyway the 80"s was fun

It isn't about the 80's. It's about soft supporters who sook and whinge because they overrated a lost so it's everyone else's fault. Grow some balls and man up. We had a huge chance 7 years ago so it's not like we have stuffed up on the systems of today's footy. Some of the crap on here after losses is mind boggling. Coaches can't develop. How the hell would we know that. We aren't inside the club. I think we have enough good people at the club who would see that as a problem if it was a problem. People write things on here as if it would be new to the coach. I reckon the coach thought about those things 2 years before we did on here

We are a good honest side. If people thought more then that's there lack of footy knowledge not the coaches can't coach

Anyway the 80"s was fun

Soft supporters not sure what you mean by this, but I take it to mean supporters who aren't willing to accept mediocrity. Our club is bang in the middle of being a mediocre side and wether we like it or not the onus always falls on the coaches. Richo has been given more time than most coaches to mould a team that he wanted. This season we have played just two games that have been of the standard I was hoping for.
And as far as saying what does anyone know what is going on inside the club you're right, but we do see what is the result of it all on a Saturday afternoon and clearly not every one is happy or should be happy with it unless you are a soft supporter.

Soft supporters not sure what you mean by this, but I take it to mean supporters who aren't willing to accept mediocrity. Our club is bang in the middle of being a mediocre side and wether we like it or not the onus always falls on the coaches. Richo has been given more time than most coaches to mould a team that he wanted. This season we have played just two games that have been of the standard I was hoping for.
And as far as saying what does anyone know what is going on inside the club you're right, but we do see what is the result of it all on a Saturday afternoon and clearly not every one is happy or should be happy with it unless you are a soft supporter.

No I'm not saying they should accept mediocrity. You actually said it in your post. I'm saying we sook after a loss and look for excuses that we have no clue about. After a win we have the best coaching panel in the business. I think its somewhere in between and I also think many overated the list based on last year where we had a very easy fixture and no injuries. This year we have had a harder fixture and a few more vital injuries. To win as many as last year would be a pretty big improvement. I still think we are on track on and off the field. Supporters blaming everyone after a loss isn't a supporter who isn't accepting mediocrity. Its a supporter just wanting to blame someone for them overating the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm not saying they should accept mediocrity. You actually said it in your post. I'm saying we sook after a loss and look for excuses that we have no clue about. After a win we have the best coaching panel in the business. I think its somewhere in between and I also think many overated the list based on last year where we had a very easy fixture and no injuries. This year we have had a harder fixture and a few more vital injuries. To win as many as last year would be a pretty big improvement. I still think we are on track on and off the field. Supporters blaming everyone after a loss isn't a supporter who isn't accepting mediocrity. Its a supporter just wanting to blame someone for them overating the list.
You set the bar too low if you think that we should have ended up the same as last year and that would have been a big improvement.
Doesnt matter that the draw was harder and injuries may have been worse. I guess the young team had no improvement in them from last year? What about the inform players we added. Carlisle, Brown have been brilliant. So no, it wasnt over rating our list. I dont think the club is over rating our list when they also think they could improve and play finals.
But throw that all out the window. I dont care.
It doesnt take a genius coach to realise that were playing like s**t atm. Its clear as daylight.
The coaches just arnt getting the players to produce on the day.
Playing 1 good game every so often isnt a result of coaching. Its a response to negative outcry.
Ive always said AR is yet to prove himself as a coach. And so far nothing has changed.

You set the bar too low if you think that we should have ended up the same as last year and that would have been a big improvement.
Doesnt matter that the draw was harder and injuries may have been worse. I guess the young team had no improvement in them from last year? What about the inform players we added. Carlisle, Brown have been brilliant. So no, it wasnt over rating our list. I dont think the club is over rating our list when they also think they could improve and play finals.
But throw that all out the window. I dont care.
It doesnt take a genius coach to realise that were playing like s**t atm. Its clear as daylight.
The coaches just arnt getting the players to produce on the day.
Playing 1 good game every so often isnt a result of coaching. Its a response to negative outcry.
Ive always said AR is yet to prove himself as a coach. And so far nothing has changed.

Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that makes me not want to spew about yesterday is that I probably thought this is about where we would be at this point. Probably swap the Melbourne loss and the GWS win and we are where I expected us. We are getting knocked off 2 weeks in a row by the two teams that played off in last years GF. Last year we would have been pulverised but the poor formalises of the two teams gave us hope. We looked like we didn't have the same skill or pace and that's probably expected. Still hurts though. I would love a settled best 22 with injury the only changes most weeks though.

Sorry but you cannot form an assumption by comparing just under half a season to a full season.

How do we sit after the same number games last year?

We had a strong back half last year and could very well do the same this year.

Then and only then can we make a serious judgement.

All the rest is subjective waffle.

I have redone my ladder predictor with a bit more of a form line and I can see us making 7th spot if we win games we should and Hawks second last so it's not all doom and gloom. I have my top 8 as
Crows
GWS
Dogs
Port
Tigers
Cats
Saints
WCE
and Sydney in ninth spot.

I'm not giving us ones that are obvious difficult games but possibly the Richmond games are more their way than ours and I have tipped us to win them.

For me something changed after the blues game with a lot of things - personnel, structures, ball movement, everything.

Webster went down and we had to restructure the backline in that game so we were less effective. The following week at the selection table coaches got ahead of themselves and felt they needed to mix things up so Bruce was dropped, he'd been averaging 1.6 goals a game and yes hadn't been taking all the grabs but did a lot for the team and our structure. My gut feeling is that the coaching staff were reactive to media asking the question of where should Paddy go, is he right with the saints, so once he showed form they were determined to bring him in - Bruce became the excuse and since then our forward set up has looked cr%p - no fault of Paddy, he is still just learning and he wasn't given any support around him.
We've brought in fringe players (Minch, Sav, Dmac) with little effect and now the players are starting to doubt themselves. Our ball movement is slowing as we lose more and more confidence to attack and take the game on. Errors are increasing, skill level is dropping and players look defeated. Pressure from media and everywhere to succeed has ramped up and this seems to be affecting the players.

We are now in the hands of the coches and leadership group to do something to arrest this downward trajectory. It aint the end of the world but it sure sucks watching our current game style or lack of.

For me something changed after the blues game with a lot of things - personnel, structures, ball movement, everything.

Webster went down and we had to restructure the backline in that game so we were less effective. The following week at the selection table coaches got ahead of themselves and felt they needed to mix things up so Bruce was dropped, he'd been averaging 1.6 goals a game and yes hadn't been taking all the grabs but did a lot for the team and our structure. My gut feeling is that the coaching staff were reactive to media asking the question of where should Paddy go, is he right with the saints, so once he showed form they were determined to bring him in - Bruce became the excuse and since then our forward set up has looked cr%p - no fault of Paddy, he is still just learning and he wasn't given any support around him.
We've brought in fringe players (Minch, Sav, Dmac) with little effect and now the players are starting to doubt themselves. Our ball movement is slowing as we lose more and more confidence to attack and take the game on. Errors are increasing, skill level is dropping and players look defeated. Pressure from media and everywhere to succeed has ramped up and this seems to be affecting the players.

We are now in the hands of the coches and leadership group to do something to arrest this downward trajectory. It aint the end of the world but it sure sucks watching our current game style or lack of.
The leadership group ain't leading!

I have redone my ladder predictor with a bit more of a form line and I can see us making 7th spot if we win games we should and Hawks second last so it's not all doom and gloom. I have my top 8 as
Crows
GWS
Dogs
Port
Tigers
Cats
Saints
WCE
and Sydney in ninth spot.

I'm not giving us ones that are obvious difficult games but possibly the Richmond games are more their way than ours and I have tipped us to win them.

Love the optimism, but I don't see it. Not sure where u had the Dees but they have a very soft draw.

I am guessing your scenario has us beating teams like Dees, Tigers 2 times and North. All 3 of these teams are better than us currently. Would be a great result if we snagged 4 wins against those teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back