Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

HI All, just a beginner here, so please be gentle. Not sure if anyone one else has mentioned this but does anyone else believe that we should be chasing Luke Hodge and/or Sam Mitchell for our coaches. Next to no hope of getting Clarkson from the hawks.
Coaching accreditation are missing from these two and their like. AFL are huge on making clubs select highly accredited coaches now to avoid situations like Voss at Brizzy again. Hodge is going nowhere IMO, but Mitchel would be an awesome get as an assistant.

I hope that's the case VDS, I really do. But from what I see on the tele, if they're even getting half way to executing the plan, then yuck!
We straighten up and were a different team.

Have a look at the cats v pies game as an example of where footy is at.

I reckon almost every team has a similar set up. The better teams get away with it. The current bottom 4 teams cannot.

How did you come to this conclusion?
Spook wares his emotions on his sleeve, he's often on the blub but that's fine by me. Anyway he chokes on vomit several times during that interview when he's trying to support Richo's pressure game. And it's not the only interview we've seen where players can't hold their composure when questioned about it. That's my read anyway. Something is amiss in there, I've no doubt.

Dunstan's interview on the saints site screams disenchantment. I think the boys like Richo but don't believe in his game plan. Question to be asked is if it's his game plan or Kingsley's.

I think that is why the club will struggle with a decision to move him on. Because he is well liked within the club, they are prepared to make allowances for his coaching and give him time to improve - but we know after 5 years that is not going to happen.

Then they pose the questions to the players who have their own interests to protect, as we have seen what happens to players who get offside with the coach.

Hopefully there is someone on the board who has a working grasp of the game?

Would be excellent additions to the coaching staff but I’d be hesitant in terms of head coach just yet. The best internships are done in assistant roles before taking the chair IMO.
I Just believe we are going backwards at the moment and we could do a lot worse than getting either of those two disciples of Clarkson. We need to show some courage and foresight in taking a risk on either of these two, we couldn't possibly go any worse.

We straighten up and were a different team.

Have a look at the cats v pies game as an example of where footy is at.

I reckon almost every team has a similar set up. The better teams get away with it. The current bottom 4 teams cannot.
Again I hope you're right. I'm lucky to see our games let alone other teams, so have little awareness beyond my bubble of self delusion.

Again I hope you're right. I'm lucky to see our games let alone other teams, so have little awareness beyond my bubble of self delusion.
I have no idea what the problems are and only opinions like everyone else.

The only thing I demand is a full review and that the club make the correct decisions moving forward.

If that means sacking the coach, recruiters, assistants or all of the above then I'll support them.

I have no idea what the problems are and only have opinions like everyone else.
The only thing I demand is a full review and that the club make the correct decisions moving forward.
If that means sacking the coach, recruiters, assistants or all of the above then I'll support them.

+1 on that. I'm happy to ride out the year to sort the men from the boys. There's no need for a wholesale slaughter, just a conscientious clean up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is why the club will struggle with a decision to move him on. Because he is well liked within the club, they are prepared to make allowances for his coaching and give him time to improve - but we know after 5 years that is not going to happen.

Then they pose the questions to the players who have their own interests to protect, as we have seen what happens to players who get offside with the coach.

Hopefully there is someone on the board who has a working grasp of the game?
All I do know is that his last 15 or so game have seen him consistently in the top 5 saints and often top 2. He may even ask for a trade at eoy but imo, with our team of head droppers, Spook is more necessary to us than ever right now. If we don't get a new captain at the trade table, then he's it.

Apparently Dixon hasn't spent a single moment with Membrey. If true, it's all on Membrey.

That is rubbish .

Mentioned it before convinced over preseason at Seaford seen Dixon working with both Membrey & Billings
has changed their ball drop to holding one hand on top of the ball the other underneath .
Tim has lost about 15 metres of power with it and slices the ball to the right 90 % of his kicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back