Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

SL "Fellas, I've got another gig, gonna have to wrap things up a little earlier than expected"

PS "Wait a sec, what about your contract? We gave you a second chance"

SL "Yeaaah, talk to Gil. Is that my stapler, I'll just grab that back thanks..."

PS "Wait up mate, look before you go, you must be able to tell us what our problem is and how to fix it"

SL "Alright, your list is pathetic, your recruiters are naive, your coach is a dinosaur, your development is non-existant and you've lost any pride in your club that you once had. Cheerio, good luck!"

He's a career man, he wants out now he's walked in and we've plummeted. he's shopping himself before he's unemployable. He just wants a place that will pay him to **** and he doesn't get distractions like football issues.
This just gets better, doesn't it? What a rabble.

Please tell me this isn't true. If it is, it is a perfect explanation of what is wrong. The mismanagement of players from this coaching group beggars belief. From Weller to Paddy to Armo to Billy to Hickey. I could go on. That's just injury wise, let alone their inability to improve what should be developing players. DMac, White, Pierce, Battle, the Irish lads. It's plain dumb to play an older player who has a hamstring tendon injury, no matter what the circumstances (worked well didn't it Richo?). It is the definition of stupidity to admit it, publicly. Does Richo try to look like a complete muppet, or does he just have a special gift for it?

But apparently we were desperate to have Dave in the team because he is just terrific in the contest. What is this desperation for? By the time we brought Armo back, we were already out of finals contention.

I agree that our injury management from the outside seems deeply questionable, and yet another mark against the football admin of this club. I think Richo needs to front the members with a please explain, possibly ending with a Japanese style resignation with bow of shame.

He's a career man, he wants out now he's walked in and we've plummeted. he's shopping himself before he's unemployable. He just wants a place that will pay him to **** and he doesn't get distractions like football issues.
Of course he is.

They all are.

Including coaches and players. Only supporters endure.

Saying that would take ANYTHING Brown post with a bucket of salt.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty dirty move if true.... We gave him a chance to get back into the system after his monumental **** up

Did "we" actually give him that chance or was this his golden handshake from the AFL?

He was (as far as I was concerned) unemployable within the AFL's circle, yet he ended up in a plum job at a club? Not bad at all. I wish I could fall ass backwards into anything half as good as this.

If he wants out, sack him now.

Of course he is.

They all are.

Including coaches and players. Only supporters endure.

Saying that would take ANYTHING Brown post with a bucket of salt.

Browne just said "My understanding is ... he's interested in the Melbourne CEO role"

Just like I am "interested" in theatre, or French Football or learning how to cook: "Aaah yeah." (turns back to newspaper)

Did "we" actually give him that chance or was this his golden handshake from the AFL?

He was (as far as I was concerned) unemployable within the AFL's circle, yet he ended up in a plum job at a club? Not bad at all. I wish I could fall ass backwards into anything half as good as this.

If he wants out, sack him now.
That would be one of the stupidest moves we could ever make this year, and that is up against some stiff competition.

That would be one of the stupidest moves we could ever make this year, and that is up against some stiff competition.

We won't have to worry soon. By the end of this season anyone who's touched the St Kilda footy club will be unemployable. He'll have to stay.

Like rats escaping a sinking ship....

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

- saints twist. I think simon lethlean quietly interested in melbourne CEO role. Currently asking all the big questions, in charge of fixing saints footy issues. - dahlhaus and dogs a long way apart on $$

Huge big no for me... Dahlhaus , lots of doggies off their tucker these days.

Caleb Daniel, JJ , Easton Wood , The Million $ man , Bailey Dale,

Disposal by foot ..kicking for goal shocking ..particularly Dahlhaus .

When asked had Melbourne had got to 1st base on Simon ,he then said no they had not spoken.

Sam McClure & Tom Browne gee they throw some darts , very few hit the board.

You mentioned Lloyd Stav ..they have a very nice unplaced ruckman on their list Darcy Cameron.

If we trade or delist a couple.

This just gets better, doesn't it? What a rabble.

So much hate on here - go support another club if you think we're a rabble

I'm sure you'll find heaps of other club's with massive problems at the moment to point out like the bombers, blues and GWS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me this isn't true. If it is, it is a perfect explanation of what is wrong. The mismanagement of players from this coaching group beggars belief. From Weller to Paddy to Armo to Billy to Hickey. I could go on. That's just injury wise, let alone their inability to improve what should be developing players. DMac, White, Pierce, Battle, the Irish lads. It's plain dumb to play an older player who has a hamstring tendon injury, no matter what the circumstances (worked well didn't it Richo?). It is the definition of stupidity to admit it, publicly. Does Richo try to look like a complete muppet, or does he just have a special gift for it?

Pretty much seals the deal for mine and that includes all the assistants actually .

Pretty much seals the deal for mine and that includes all the assistants actually .

What about the medical staff?
They would have passed Armo fit to play otherwise it could be deemed negligent.
Not tip - we wouldn't be the only club playing players Who are not 100% fit.

I'm not defending Armo or the decision display him, but I would suggest the alternative was discussed and decided against. E.g. play battle at FF so he doesn' touch the ball and them we start calling for him to be delisted? Maybe they don't want to cane a young player so they played Armo instead..

There was a bit in the whisper section of the Herald Sun who talked about a big name player who was essentially dropped but manage to talk his way back into the team during the interview.
Couldn't help but picture Billings, but it doesn't make sense considering he didn't do much last week and is still getting a game. I'll try and find the actual quote.

Dd60TaUVQAETSnA.jpg

There was a bit in the whisper section of the Herald Sun who talked about a big name player who was essentially dropped but manage to talk his way back into the team during the interview.
Couldn't help but picture Billings, but it doesn't make sense considering he didn't do much last week and is still getting a game. I'll try and find the actual quote.

Rance?

I'm not defending Armo or the decision display him, but I would suggest the alternative was discussed and decided against. E.g. play battle at FF so he doesn' touch the ball and them we start calling for him to be delisted? Maybe they don't want to cane a young player so they played Armo instead..
Exactly, every club plays injured players.
Armo's issue is that is just isn't very good.

Dd60TaUVQAETSnA.jpg
In a week where we were already making five changes and had to scrape the bottom of an underperforming Sandy barrel, do you really think we would drop Billings?
The guy had 21 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.
He didnt play as well as Billings can, but hardly a droppable game.

Dd60TaUVQAETSnA.jpg
De Goey

But apparently we were desperate to have Dave in the team because he is just terrific in the contest. What is this desperation for? By the time we brought Armo back, we were already out of finals contention.

I agree that our injury management from the outside seems deeply questionable, and yet another mark against the football admin of this club. I think Richo needs to front the members with a please explain, possibly ending with a Japanese style resignation with bow of shame.

It helps to show the whole article so we can see the context:

Meanwhile, Richardson revealed inside midfielder David Armitage has been dealing with hamstring tendinitis over the past month and is no certainty to line up in the VFL on Sunday.

"He's actually had a bit of hamstring tendon issues. That's been bugging him for about a month now," Richardson said.

"We've still needed to play him, because he's so good in contest and really creative when he gets the ball, but it's really hindered his ability to get from contest to contest.

"You would've seen a couple of ground balls last week that he just wasn't able to get down on. It's just not working for him and working for us, so we needed to make the change."

Two bouts of groin surgery restricted Armitage, 29, last season.

"We've been banged up a little bit and been fielding a really young team. We've had Dave play but he hasn't been at his best," Richardson said.

"He's had a couple of issues, physically. Nothing that a rest will fix, unfortunately. He needs to continue to play and that's my understanding at this stage.

However, Richardson was optimistic Armitage could regain his physical capabilities.

"At the moment, he just hasn't been able to get it done, and I'd expect him to go back and get his body right and be much more explosive in terms of the way he moves. We expect him to get back into the team."

The Queenslander is contracted until the end of 2019.

In a week where we were already making five changes and had to scrape the bottom of an underperforming Sandy barrel, do you really think we would drop Billings?
The guy had 21 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles and a goal.
He didnt play as well as Billings can, but hardly a droppable game.

It was in Tuesday or Wednesdays paper so I'm fairly sure they were talking about the selection BEFORE the previous game (Pies) and was going off his game against Freo which was poor.
No goals, 2 tackles, 15 disposals. A s**t game from what I remember seeing.

Have actually already commented about that one too previously .

The coaches have not helped their position , playing injured players last 2 years,
pretty easy to tell ..

Hence the rolling of eyes comments made by players and people inside the four walls.

Alan playing his favourites puts a noose around his neck , probably explains the form issue too.

If your coaches are looking you in the eye & talking and your not buying it , pretty clear why there is
a problem.

Err, this is a concern for me:

The coach also revealed veteran David Armitage has been playing with an injured hamstring tendon for the past month. He was left out of the side to play Richmond.

"We've still needed to play him [Armitage], because he's so good in contest and really creative when he gets the ball, but it's really hindered his ability to get from contest to contest," Richardson said.

"You would've seen a couple of ground balls last week that he just wasn't able to get down on. It's just not working for him and working for us so we needed to make the change."

The strikes keep coming, bad selection after bad selection. I like Richo, but geesus! You play a guy who's injured, and it takes how many weeks to figure out it's not working?

Yep. What I don't get is that this was not just a Scott Watters-style maverick whim, this was cleared by our medical department, all the coaches and the player group. Apparently Armitage is so indispensable to our team that even if his hamstrings are not right, we need him to keep him out there running around FOR A MONTH despite losing every single game by a considerable amount, and his physical contribution being one of the poorest in the team.

Now I've said recently that one of the biggest things the team lacks right now is on-field leadership so I'll concede that having a relatively old head on the ground lately might coincide with our increased determination and coherence in games, but come on! We're still losing by heaps and the players are still having nightmarish performances, we're still a rabble. How much would it really have cost us if we'd replaced him with a fit player? Let's be honest: Armo is NOT Roo, or even Joey. He's had one good season and been mediocre otherwise. His sole benefit right now is his experience.

So the coaches must have said "well players play through injuries all the time, we need that experience out there to help stop the young kids' heads dropping", and everyone OKed it, or at least didn't resist.

I am really running out of hope that this group of coaches and so on can pull us out of this mess and I didn't have a lot to start with. Let's hope that someone at the club is considering who can come into our club with a strong vision that they can implement asap, and is working like crazy to get said person/people in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back