Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we got anyone at our club who's been involved with a flag or long term success? Richmond seem to have them in spades - Balme, Caracella, Leppa, Hardwick.
Kingsley, McGlynn, Hamill and now Playfair have all won flags as either players or coaches.
But I hear what you're saying.
We do need new blood and that should be from clubs with long term success and strong IP.

Have we got anyone at our club who's been involved with a flag or long term success? Richmond seem to have them in spades - Balme, Caracella, Leppa, Hardwick.

The good thing is Richo seems to be cut from the same cloth as Bevo, Hardwick etc in getting the love flowing that galvanises a club. Just needs some strong tactical and successful support
I'd love balme for that reason. What ever he did it worked!!!!

The good thing is Richo seems to be cut from the same cloth as Bevo, Hardwick etc in getting the love flowing that galvanises a club. Just needs some strong tactical and successful support
Craig McRae has three flags as a player.

Kingsley, McGlynn, Hamill and now Playfair have all won flags as either players or coaches.
But I hear what you're saying.
We do need new blood and that should be from clubs with long term success and strong IP.
You talking in afl circles or even juniors? Just saying because Hamill didn’t win one that’s all.

Nor did McGlynn....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craig Bellamy anyone?
Honestly i would send some of the younger players to storm training under him.

The man is a hardarse but when it comes to development and man mangement and the mental side of sport their are few better then him in melbourne.

This is a massive off season for Richo. The last two teams that have won flags have come up with their own unique way (dogs handball, tigers smalls) of surprising teams and winning.

Watching us play over the years it seems that we are just way too unorganized and poor structurally. I look at a coach like Bolton who has come into the blues team and made them that much harder to play against and instilled this game plan that has troubled all the teams.

You have a look at us and it's all about manic pressure our gameplan. Well guess what, that's not really a game plan. Players need to bring that every single week plus have structures and plans to go with it Because time and time again if our pressure if off we lose the game in the space of 15 minutes.

Also when the opposition teams apply heavy pressure on us (guess what most that finish in the 8 do) we seem to struggle and cant get the ball out of our back half or barely even score.

Richo and the coaches need to come up with an actual game style to suit us and not just rely on his so called pressure game because over the last 2 years it clearly doesn't work against the good teams and we get exposed when we don't bring it.

Honestly i would send some of the younger players to storm training under him.

The man is a hardarse but when it comes to development and man mangement and the mental side of sport their are few better then him in melbourne.
Reckon he could drop a few pearls of wisdom about sticking tackles too

How many GAME'S of AFL football did the senior coach of Carlton win. I think the "won a finals" selection method is way way way off being effective.
Kingley is apparently getting closely looked at for Senior Coaching roles by other clubs, but we should SACK as assistant because.... yeah new blood and all that.

Would Gary Ayres accept some senior assistant position or is that considered a demotion from his current job? Because the guy obviously knows a thing or two about coaching.

In terms of recently retired players, wouldn’t mind having a look at Lonergan or Bob Murphy. I don’t know much about either but both come from successful teams and seem to be good clubmen and good leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Gary Ayres accept some senior assistant position or is that considered a demotion from his current job? Because the guy obviously knows a thing or two about coaching.

In terms of recently retired players, wouldn’t mind having a look at Lonergan or Bob Murphy. I don’t know much about either but both come from successful teams and seem to be good clubmen and good leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all about systems

Louis Slungpue

IMG_1901.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back