Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't mean anything. Melbourne's reserves play their games 50k's away from their home base so I'm sure Moorabbin to Frankston is more than feasible.

Means a fair bit. Madness to leave Sandy and go to a club that folded a year ago. Complete madness. If we do leave sandy we will go on our own. Take it to the bank. And a part time ruck coach at Frankston compared to a full time employee at Sandy. Seems sandy are a fair way ahead.

Means a fair bit. Madness to leave Sandy and go to a club that folded a year ago. Complete madness. If we do leave sandy we will go on our own. Take it to the bank. And a part time ruck coach at Frankston compared to a full time employee at Sandy. Seems sandy are a fair way ahead.
Odd comment, not sure what folding has to do with anything. Don't think it guarantees folding a second time, especially when backed by an AFL club. And lets disregard that the club want to maintain a presence in Frankston.

Odd comment, not sure what folding has to do with anything. Don't think it guarantees folding a second time, especially when backed by an AFL club. And lets disregard that the club want to maintain a presence in Frankston.

Ok I will disregard that. Strange but I think folding is rather important. You want to go to Frangga, I want to go on our own or stay put.

Why would we want to merge with them when we are moving back to Moorabbin. Complete madness.
Heard the pres himself tell supporters they are very mindful of keeping a presence in Frankston. They're worried as soon as they move out of Seaford that Hawthorn will move in. Apparently the area has a long running history between saints and Hawthorn fighting over the area.

Makes sense from that point of view. Doesn't it.

Heard the pres himself tell supporters they are very mindful of keeping a presence in Frankston. They're worried as soon as they move out of Seaford that Hawthorn will move in. Apparently the area has a long running history between saints and Hawthorn fighting over the area.

The Moorabin ground has a heap of stakeholders too who will all train there and I guess play games there. We probably need a second oval and playing at Franskston will make players keener to get back to senior footy when they can't get coffee. If we could do what the Hawks did with Box Hill where they are really just a Hawks reserve team with extra players I'd be happy.

No it doesn't if we can go on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with that plugger

But out of Sandy vs Frankston. Give me Frankston
The St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce it will field a team in the VFL Women’s Competition in 2018, in partnership with the Frankston Football Club.

That history goes back to zoning.
We had Ballarat, Hawks had the peninsula.
Leigh Matthews may have been a Saint, Plugger not.
Then zoning was mothballed but the Hawks had put down roots by that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect. Now lets get on our own in the main stuff. Otherwise stick with what we know.
You might know this, but I’m a Sandy supporter.
I get a sense our relationship with the Saints has a limited future, irrespective of Hamill’s appointment.
I do not believe Sandy’s performance this year was helped by the Saints involvement, we could and should have played better and gone closer to finals.
Similarly as a Saints supporter, I would say that Sandy’s performance was not up to scratch for an AFL affiliate.
Something has to give: this no AFL Development League is going to cause major problems for AFL affiliates at VFL level.
Someone is going to have to bite the bullet because this cannot continue.
Saints future is not with Frankston; they’re simply a less wealthy and resourced version of Sandringham.
And Sandringham’s future is not with St Kilda if it wants to retain its history, independence and survive.
It’s taken some time for me to get to this point but if Sandy is to survive, it needs to reign in its ambition. It cannot survive in the VFL. It does not have the resources to be competitive. Even Port Melbourne struggles.
I can’t see a solution: maybe Amateurs?
Saints will be fine: a standalone team out of Moorabbin (supported by the Southern League as the feeder comp) with the resources of an AFL club as backing.

That history goes back to zoning.
We had Ballarat, Hawks had the peninsula.
Leigh Matthews may have been a Saint, Plugger not.
Then zoning was mothballed but the Hawks had put down roots by that time.
We intially had the peninsula in the lead up to 1966.
IIRC The hawks were struggling so it was decided to give the area to hawks

You might know this, but I’m a Sandy supporter.
I get a sense our relationship with the Saints has a limited future, irrespective of Hamill’s appointment.
I do not believe Sandy’s performance this year was helped by the Saints involvement, we could and should have played better and gone closer to finals.
Similarly as a Saints supporter, I would say that Sandy’s performance was not up to scratch for an AFL affiliate.
Something has to give: this no AFL Development League is going to cause major problems for AFL affiliates at VFL level.
Someone is going to have to bite the bullet because this cannot continue.
Saints future is not with Frankston; they’re simply a less wealthy and resourced version of Sandringham.
And Sandringham’s future is not with St Kilda if it wants to retain its history, independence and survive.
It’s taken some time for me to get to this point but if Sandy is to survive, it needs to reign in its ambition. It cannot survive in the VFL. It does not have the resources to be competitive. Even Port Melbourne struggles.
I can’t see a solution: maybe Amateurs?
Saints will be fine: a standalone team out of Moorabbin (supported by the Southern League as the feeder comp) with the resources of an AFL club as backing.
Do I read into a name change to Sunny3191 ?

Any news on additional coaches thought we were getting another one
Yeah one more, need to fill the hole that Skrob has left. He is still there part time but need someone to fill that space.

Any news on additional coaches thought we were getting another one
i was hearing a strong word one of the Collingwood assistants was heading to the saints (i assumed it was Burns) but i havent heard anything since .. i dont know it we were after Burns and missed out or if it was someone else and it didnt eventuate or if it might still be on the cards ... but its all quiet now

i was hearing a strong word one of the Collingwood assistants was heading to the saints (i assumed it was Burns) but i havent heard anything since .. i dont know it we were after Burns and missed out or if it was someone else and it didnt eventuate or if it might still be on the cards ... but its all quiet now
Didn’t Scott Burns score a gig at Hawthorn?
Stand to be corrected on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back