Multiplat F1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of gripes. 1) the team radio that comes out of the PS4 controller is not loud enough. I have to turn down the volume on the TV.

Do you have the controller's volume turned down? Mine blasted my ears off the first time he spoke.

Yeah fair point. If you want one now, just make sure you shop around. Should be able to find one in the 300-350 range, rather than 399.
Do you know anyone that has the bucket seat and frame setup? Looks awesome. $900 is a lot for a gaming rig, but if its too expensive to buy now, when will I ever get one?

Do you know anyone that has the bucket seat and frame setup? Looks awesome. $900 is a lot for a gaming rig, but if its too expensive to buy now, when will I ever get one?

A mate used to have a full on bucket seat set up with inbuilt speakers but sold it. I bought a $200 wheel stand to go with my wheel, as I don't have the room to have a full time rig set up

A mate used to have a full on bucket seat set up with inbuilt speakers but sold it. I bought a $200 wheel stand to go with my wheel, as I don't have the room to have a full time rig set up
What about the pedals? I found with my g25 that's the most awkward thing cos as im stomping on the brake constantly that the pedals slowly but surely skid away until i can't reach them. Was your wheel stand connected to your pedal bracket? Im not fussed about what chair i sit in.

What about the pedals? I found with my g25 that's the most awkward thing cos as im stomping on the brake constantly that the pedals slowly but surely skid away until i can't reach them. Was your wheel stand connected to your pedal bracket? Im not fussed about what chair i sit in.

This is what I have. There are other types around.

182693896_gt-art-racing-simulator-steering-wheel-stand-for-.jpg

looks good. Are those suction pads on the bottom to stop the skidding on tiled floor? Im definitely going balls deep in a setup like this. Game warrants it. This rig is on ebay for $200 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/361423328946?lpid=107&chn=ps

Out of 10 how to you rate it? Sturdy? still in good condition etc?

It's sturdy as hell mate, and heavier than it looks. I'll give it a solid 7.5/10. The main drawback is that the pedal plate lifts up when you press the pedals unless you have a foot grounded on it. Its not a big deal and you get used to it, but in a perfect world it wouldn't do that. You could always drill through it and bolt it to the frame to stop it happening, but I'm not that motivated.

They're not suction cups, but adjustable feet with non-slip padding under them. Had mine for well over a year, still in good shape.

So i finally got through the first race of the season in career mode. Full practice, short qually and half distance race. The half distance race seems ideal in terms of experiencing tyre wear, and getting to use different pit stop strategies, as well as being able to slowly but surely make up ground (or lose it) depending on the race situation.

Have learnt my lesson that if in front and about to lap backmarkers that its a wise idea to save the session. They do some stupid s**t like try to overtake you after letting you past under blue flag. Had a couple just ram into me with DRS at albert park. Not fun. Got the racing difficulty on hard which seems about right. If i get a wheel ill definitely go up and extra difficulty level. Tyre management is so important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like Maldonado in F1 2015, Verstappen is a prick in this as well as real life.

I came 4th in a Manor on Medium. Going to up it to Hard for the next race.
I've got it on the hardest difficulty and I'm still pushing for podiums in a Manor. A bit frustrating. The only thing I'm having difficulty with are practice session demands, strangely enough.

Just out of curiosity why is everyone driving for Manor? I chose a Williams hoping to be middle of the pack, with Bottas as my rival.
I like the experience of starting at the bottom and slowly building my way up through the ranks. More motivated by that than being at Mercedes within a season and winning every race.

So after reading reviews all day that looks like the best wheel stand out there for the price. Think ill get that stand and also get the Thrustmaster T300 with Ferrari F1 addon wheel.
View attachment 284300

Good stuff mate. For the price, it is a ******* rock solid buy. I have the T300RS on the PS4, you'll love it, wish I could afford the F1 add on!! Next thing to save for is the pedal upgrades.

Fair game this one, my first purchase on the ps4. Haven't played an f1 game since the 09 version so I'm a bit rusty but loving ot so far.

Went with Sauber first up and half way through Albert Park it chucked it down. Much better gameplay than previous installments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back