F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they serious? :sweatsmile:

Ferrari right now:
This Is Fine GIF
I hate being a Ferrari fan sometimes.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Funny that.....as soon as the FIA announce they are submitting the updated technical regs to address porpoising in 2023....

Toto comes out and says MERC have solved their porpoising issues...

Mercedes has finally got rid of the problem that was a major contributor to their early season deficit. Team boss Toto Wolff says the W13's will no longer suffer from porpoising going into the summer break.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but every move DR has done upon arriving to the decision to leave RB has backfired.
At least at RB he'd be in the fight up the front in every race.The car suited him.
Agree but I guess it depends on his individual goals.

If the goal is a championship then he hasn't exactly lost out in his decisions.

Red Bull only got one last year with Max. Safe to say that would have eventuated anyway even if Ric was still there.

And moving forward Max would be the preferred man over Ric.

He took a punt that Renault were going to be contenders. It failed.
He took a punt McLaren were going to be contenders. It failed.

He's alot richer for the punt. His career is alot less decorated with less wins etc but no fewer championships really.

Red Bull only got one last year with Max. Safe to say that would have eventuated anyway even if Ric was still there.

He's alot richer for the punt. His career is alot less decorated with less wins etc but no fewer championships really.
Staying at RBR winning races would have put him in a much better position to get Lewis' Mercedes seat, or even the Ferrari seat that eventually went to Sainz.

I get the championship side of things and yes Max was always going to be the main man at RB.
But too me I'd rather be in with a chance than none at all and at the time there were 3 teams in it Merc/Ferr & RB.
It's not as if Ric was intimidated by Max unlike others.
Anyway be interesting what happens from here with Ric.
Think his time with McLaren has hurt his standing within the paddock.

I get the championship side of things and yes Max was always going to be the main man at RB.
But too me I'd rather be in with a chance than none at all and at the time there were 3 teams in it Merc/Ferr & RB.
It's not as if Ric was intimidated by Max unlike others.
Anyway be interesting what happens from here with Ric.
Think his time with McLaren has hurt his standing within the paddock.
Yeah I guess he took the punt at the time on Renault as they had an overhaul of the F1 company coming, with increased budget spend and getting more serious about it all in general.

Then McLaren exact same scenario but with a rule change.

Just a roll of the dice each time he might strike it lucky and be on the next great team who goes on a 4-6year era of dominance.

In reality he was already at the right team that was emerging to become dominant.

Perez is a similar boat really joining RBR. He wants to win a championship but knows he's second fiddle in many respects to Max... but he's still got the brains to just take the seat anyway and have a go. You may as well get into the best machine first, then worry about team politics later.

Yeah I guess he took the punt at the time on Renault as they had an overhaul of the F1 company coming, with increased budget spend and getting more serious about it all in general.

Then McLaren exact same scenario but with a rule change.

Just a roll of the dice each time he might strike it lucky and be on the next great team who goes on a 4-6year era of dominance.

In reality he was already at the right team that was emerging to become dominant.

Perez is a similar boat really joining RBR. He wants to win a championship but knows he's second fiddle in many respects to Max... but he's still got the brains to just take the seat anyway and have a go. You may as well get into the best machine first, then worry about team politics later.
Yep.Think he should've stayed for another contract and seen what happens with the changes although having said that if he seen Landos results with the changes he might have jumped ship to MClaren based on those results,But then again the RB still outperforming the McClaren.lol

No matter who goes where now you will be second fiddle at a championship winning caliber team. Red Bull have Max, Merc have George once Lewis goes, and Ferrari seem to be all in on Charles. If McLaren make the jump Lando will be their number one. Alpine seem high on Ocon (at least Otmar anyway) but I can't see them jumping to championship contention any time soon. If you want to be a number 1 then you need to go to a midfield or back marker team.

No matter who goes where now you will be second fiddle at a championship winning caliber team. Red Bull have Max, Merc have George once Lewis goes, and Ferrari seem to be all in on Charles. If McLaren make the jump Lando will be their number one. Alpine seem high on Ocon (at least Otmar anyway) but I can't see them jumping to championship contention any time soon. If you want to be a number 1 then you need to go to a midfield or back marker team.
At which point you resign yourself to no longer competing for or winning races.

Sergio may not get the world championship but at least he's at the pointy end still.

Did Max ever really receive overt favouritism over Daniel at RBR?
Spain 2016 springs to mind (Max's first win) but I honestly think that was just a split strategy call that ended up being better for those on the 2 stop.

Most of it seemed to be behind the scenes talk that RBR had identified Max as the team leader. But from what I can recall, they usually let them race, even to their detriment (Baku). I can't ever recall Daniel having to give Max a tow in quali or pitting him strategically to back up drivers for Max etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spain 2016 springs to mind (Max's first win) but I honestly think that was just a split strategy call that ended up being better for those on the 2 stop.

Most of it seemed to be behind the scenes talk that RBR had identified Max as the team leader. But from what I can recall, they usually let them race, even to their detriment (Baku). I can't ever recall Daniel having to give Max a tow in quali or pitting him strategically to back up drivers for Max etc...

I think Baku was the issue for Daniel and the team saying it was his fault and absolving Max of blame. There could also have been things behind the scenes that gave him the impression that it was Max's team. I guess we won't know until Daniel retires and brings out a book.

A 17 year old European Wunderkid in a European team, Daniel never stood a chance once Max arrived.

Poor O'ward getting upset that he wasn't quick enough, you can bet your house on if he was close to the performance of oscar they would have taken him rather then deal with the baggage that Piastri brings, you cant get upset with zak brown for testing a bunch of drivers to try and find someone who works with their car it would be like rejecting a new part that gains 2 tenths because it doesnt look as nice.

O'ward was a mile off it, did a season of f4 finished 3rd and the guy who won went to eurocup and was finishing 20th and Will Power who is god damn older than alonso is beating these guys in indy right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back