F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, I'm amazed RUS got away with crashing into SCH, not getting a penalty, had the audacity to blame it on Mick on the radio after the incident, acting surprised that Mick defended against him for position, AND then blamed it on Mick again in the post race interview....

The guy is a real unlikeable flog.

Complete and utter whinger in the absolute extreme. Entirely unlikeable even when at Williams but he got support because people like an underdog and they wanted to see him score a point. Nothing is ever his fault though.

Complete and utter whinger in the absolute extreme. Entirely unlikeable even when at Williams but he got support because people like an underdog and they wanted to see him score a point. Nothing is ever his fault though.
By the end of his career, Russell will end up more disliked than Hamilton.

His comment about Mick on the radio basically saying "why does this guy care so much, he's racing for P13" was about as arrogant and patronising as it gets. Has he forgotten about his time at Williams already, and what it means to be a young driver fighting in a back-marker ?

Remember the RB flexi floor they were 'cheating' with all year and the George & Toto-Directive was going to ruin them? I take allegations of RB flaunting the rules with a large grain of salt these days. Particularly when Toto is doing most of the talking.

Last edited:
So we do see Red Bull get a points penalty for cheating the budget?

If the FIA were serious they'd ban them for the next 2 races
I've been thinking about that. They won't take championships away. Only way punishment works is take this year's constructors points they come last in the championship.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I don't see how/why you'd be punished in this year's championship for a breach that occurred last year.
Have to be punished somehow. There not taking away a driver's championship. So it's either a fine which means nothing to redbull/Ferrari/Mercedes and Audi when they come in. Or take away this year's constructors points. IF it is a major os they are saying it needs to be severe straight away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to be punished somehow. There not taking away a driver's championship. So it's either a fine which means nothing to redbull/Ferrari/Mercedes and Audi when they come in. Or take away this year's constructors points. IF it is a major os they are saying it needs to be severe straight away

They should though.

What kind of example does that send otherwise haha. Just cheat in any given year, win it all, then take the punishment afterwards.

Fantastic, well played.

Now address the post. There should be no incentive to breaching the cap. Points (either constructor or driver) deduction in this years season is a complete waste of time.

For starters they are no even guilty yet, it's rumours. Also the latest rumours are pointing to a very minor breach of under 1M pounds, by the time this comes out there will be either no breach at all or it will be a minor accounting error. Another storm in a teacup as usual.

Fantastic, well played.

Now address the post. There should be no incentive to breaching the cap. Points (either constructor or driver) deduction in this years season is a complete waste of time.
Not if you take away the prize money. Would be worse than giving a fine. Puts them behind for a couple years.

For starters they are no even guilty yet, it's rumours. Also the latest rumours are pointing to a very minor breach of under 1M pounds, by the time this comes out there will be either no breach at all or it will be a minor accounting error. Another storm in a teacup as usual.
People will just say it was covered up by the FIA anyway.

I have heard a possible punishment for a major breach is reduced wind tunnel time which would mean hampered development going forward, which would be a fairly appropriate way to go about it I think.

Does it matter how minor it is? There's a cap for a reason. A little bit of cheating is still cheating.

I don't think Max should lose his WC fwiw. It's a team related offence. But the removal of any points for the team should be in the year the breach occurred.

Does it matter how minor it is? There's a cap for a reason. A little bit of cheating is still cheating.

I don't think Max should lose his WC fwiw. It's a team related offence. But the removal of any points for the team should be in the year the breach occurred.

This kind of accounting is incredibly complex and the budget cap is in its infancy. You've got all sorts of factors like inflation, changing costs and currency fluctuations flying around during the season that can effect the final result. I highly doubt there is any 'cheating' involved, it's an argument between accountants and the accounting philosophy in use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back