F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Another noob question - I get that both cars in a team should be identical but has it ever been found out in modern days where ones just a bit of a lemon - I always wonder about this when the comparisons are coming up between teammates, Ric & Lando the obvious one right now. I mean we’re talking 10ths of a second surely sometimes the output differs just slightly between the components of the two cars, or is there just that much testing and data that goes on behind the scenes they’d know if this was the case?
Teams have always favoured there number 1 driver with the newest updates. Lando for instance a had a new update for his floor in Spain Danny ric didnt.
I remember alain prost did a few years back about senna when they were teammates. And he said he would walk into the garage and there would be a engine there with a sign saying for senna only. That's where the rivalry started

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hamilton would find a way to sit out races for some bogus woke reason way before that ever happened.
Well if he hasn't taken his piercing out he may not be able to drive. If they have the balls to stand by there rules

Talk of piastri maybe getting his debut at Monaco. Take a week off lando.

What makes you think McLaren would give Piastri a drive, if Lando has a week off? Piastri is signed to Alpine, and Colton Herta is McLaren's "heir apparent".

Yes, teams do loan their development drivers out (e.g. George Russell driving for Williams), but McLaren have been very vocal about wanting to get Herta into an F1 car.

What makes you think McLaren would give Piastri a drive, if Lando has a week off? Piastri is signed to Alpine, and Colton Herta is McLaren's "heir apparent".

Yes, teams do loan their development drivers out (e.g. George Russell driving for Williams), but McLaren have been very vocal about wanting to get Herta into an F1 car.
They have a deal for this year if a driver is unavailable piastri gets a drive. Would be better using herta in p1 for the season of they want him to get used to the car than put him straight in on Monaco.

Piastri is in the pool of McLaren reserve drivers, and Herta will be competing in the Indy 500 this weekend.

Last edited:
Another noob question - I get that both cars in a team should be identical but has it ever been found out in modern days where ones just a bit of a lemon - I always wonder about this when the comparisons are coming up between teammates, Ric & Lando the obvious one right now. I mean we’re talking 10ths of a second surely sometimes the output differs just slightly between the components of the two cars, or is there just that much testing and data that goes on behind the scenes they’d know if this was the case?

Sometimes the two cars go in different directions in terms of setup, that can be a factor for sure. Sometimes the quickest setup isn't the most comfortable for the driver, I've been thinking perhaps Daniel prefers the car a certain way compared to Lando whereas Lando is prepared to live with a trickier, quicker car. Dan couldn't get his tyres switched on at all in Barcelona and just went backwards.

They have a deal for this year if a driver is unavailable piastri gets a drive. Would be better using herta in p1 for the season of they want him to get used to the car than put him straight in on Monaco.

Herta has the Indy 500 on his plate: Colton Herta comes into Saturday's qualifying ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be the final year for Riccardo in F1. It just a matter if he sees the season out before pulling the pin or he gets shafted.

I can see him ending up at AM if Vettel retires. I don't think he'll leave the sport outright but his time at McLaren seems like it's done

Who drives for them if he is very unlikely banned?

Ocon to step up to Merc and Piastri drives the Alpine?

But in all seriousness, they wont ban HAM first time out, I feel it will be a fine this weekend, then next race a grid penalty/pit lane start, and THEN maybe a ban if he still refuses to comply (and if they really want to make an example of him). I don't think it will get to that stage but, they may just penalise him each race.

Last edited:
Who drives for them if he is very unlikely banned?

Reserve drivers are Vandoorne and DeVries.
Not sure they would be able to pull Ocon out of Alpine (not like when George was racing for the junior team). Vettel on the other hand could be an option.

Ocon to step up to Merc and Piastri drives the Alpine?

But in all seriousness, they wont ban HAM first time out, I feel it will be a fine this weekend, then next race a grid penalty/pit lane start, and THEN maybe a ban if he still refuses to comply (and if they really want to make an example of him). I don't think it will get to that stage but, they may just penalise him each race.

I don't think it's as simple as just a penalty or a fine here or there - it all comes down to scrutineering, a driver, all their clothing and helmet and car are one package when it comes to scrutineering (ie weight etc) - if any part of that is illegal it's a DQ from the session. Like Vettel being just underfuelled in Hungary last year. The total package can't be somewhat illegal, it either is or it isn't.

So if they are going to apply the letter of their laws, Hamilton shouldn't be allowed to exit the pits in his car until he removes his jewellery.

I don't think it's as simple as just a penalty or a fine here or there - it all comes down to scrutineering, a driver, all their clothing and helmet and car are one package when it comes to scrutineering (ie weight etc) - if any part of that is illegal it's a DQ from the session. Like Vettel being just underfuelled in Hungary last year. The total package can't be somewhat illegal, it either is or it isn't.

So if they are going to apply the letter of their laws, Hamilton shouldn't be allowed to exit the pits in his car until he removes his jewellery.
Yes.
They have already given an exemption from scrutineering rules for two races. Giving that exemption one more time would be a huge loss of face for the FIA.

Pretty sure Herta doesn't even have a Super Licence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back