F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that Alpine came out and said the door is open for D.Ric it certainly seems to me that we're headed for Piastri to McLaren and Ric back to Alpine/Renault

Given that Alonso hasn't looked terrible in the Alpine this year it would be very intriguing to see how Daniel would go moving back there.

Now that Alpine came out and said the door is open for D.Ric it certainly seems to me that we're headed for Piastri to McLaren and Ric back to Alpine/Renault

Given that Alonso hasn't looked terrible in the Alpine this year it would be very intriguing to see how Daniel would go moving back there.
I don't know why alpine would. I think Ricciardo has shown lately he is a level below the best. I think there are better options out there

Gotta love the deathriding of Webber and to some extent Piastri as well. Some of you lot are friggin hard to please. You will be named when Piastri wins and you try and get on the bandwagon.

not sure sure whether u were having a crack at me, achy, but as your post followed mine I'm guessing u were.

i’ve never questions oscar’s driving and am as keen as everyone for him 2 succeed. i stand by my criticism of webber who wasn’t exactly on top of things as a driver when it came to strategic thinking and it’s not a good idea to burn bridges in any businesslike environment. the only question i've ventured about oscar related 2 an interview at the ‘g’. which had zero 2 do with his driving. silly attempt at conflating the 2.

I don't know why alpine would. I think Ricciardo has shown lately he is a level below the best. I think there are better options out there

ESPN are saying that 4 teams have contacted him in the last 2 weeks so the feeling in the paddock may be quite different.

Who? Gasly and Ocon dont and wont play ball and Albon just extended with Williams which leaves Bottas who recently laughed at the idea of a move to Aston martin.

Its Danny Ric or a rookie or Zhou that is all Alpine has to chose from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

williams racing moved quickly to shore up their driving stocks.

somehow think oscar has pulled the wrong cord in have webber as his manager.
Alpine were desperate to keep him on their books without giving him an F1 seat last year so they arranged this deal so they could bring him in should Alonso retire. 99/100 times all the seats are filled by the mid season break so they set the sensible deadline of July 31st to commit him to a race seat for 2023 or he was a free agent.

Alonso refusing to sign a 1 year extension wanting more which left Oscar out in the cold without a seat, rumours started swirling around sergeant getting promoted by Williams which he will if he finishes F2 strongly which means Oscars back up plan through alpine isn't even a lock to get him on the grid next year so Mark goes and asks the question and gets him locked into Daniel Riccardo's seat at McLaren if Alpine can't fufill the promises that are in his contract with them.

Deadline passes, Piastri and Mclaren sign a pre-agreement then Alonso knifes Alpine because he didn't want to be a seat warmer for Oscar for 12 months so he got a longer contract elsewhere and suddenly Alpine are in a rush to sign oscar after he has gone and committed to Mclaren.

What else did you want Webber to do? Did you want him to sit around and wait for Alpine to force the issue with Alonso and risk sitting on the sidelines again if Williams moved on with their own rookie before then? Did you want him to backstab Mclaren and say sorry Alpine seat is available now we wont be needing that contract?

If Vettel doesn't retire and Alonso waits another 2 months to hold out for a 2 year extension with Alpine and Piastri ends up missing out on a seat again we all sit back here and go what the hell was Webber doing not finding him another drive, 2 years out and no one will remember him and his career is done before it starts. Instead he goes out and secures an arguably better seat for him and people are upset he has burnt the alpine bridge before he starts.

Remember Alpine were given the last 9 months to organise a drive for him and they still hadn't done it bar a tentative arrangement with Williams that they couldnt commit to because of alonso, cant see how you can get upset at them for looking around when alpine were failing on their promises.

Who? Gasly and Ocon dont and wont play ball and Albon just extended with Williams which leaves Bottas who recently laughed at the idea of a move to Aston martin.

Its Danny Ric or a rookie or Zhou that is all Alpine has to chose from
Bloody French. Playing up to their stereotypes

I don't see how he'd be anywhere behind where Alonso has been this year.. possibly ahead of him really - just my opinion though!
Some teams know they're not going to be shooting for the top, but they'd love the PR that Danny brings.

I think the statement that the view of DR in the paddock may be different to that of an Internet forum is spot on.
Being closer to what is happening in all teams gives teams a better insight and I think that with the rise of Norris McLaren have given up on configuring the car for Dan.
I do think DR still has a lot to offer and while the chance of being WC has passed by he can be valuable on and off track for any team.

I think the statement that the view of DR in the paddock may be different to that of an Internet forum is spot on.
Being closer to what is happening in all teams gives teams a better insight and I think that with the rise of Norris McLaren have given up on configuring the car for Dan.
I do think DR still has a lot to offer and while the chance of being WC has passed by he can be valuable on and off track for any team.
A lot of Dans appeal has to be his off track persona. Very marketable.

Gotta love the deathriding of Webber and to some extent Piastri as well. Some of you lot are friggin hard to please. You will be named when Piastri wins and you try and get on the bandwagon.

:thumbsu:
You are not in the 'friends & relations' world where Piastri's manager is supposed to look after Dan, who is a big boy in his relationship with managers:

'Daniel Ricciardo and former manager Glenn Beavis have reached an amicable settlement over the $12 million lawsuit which was being heard in the UK High Court.
Beavis had raised a dispute over commissions he felt were still owed to him from Ricciardo's lucrative Renault contract, signed mid-way through 2018 to commence this season. The lawsuit stated Beavis was entitled to 20 percent of Ricciardo's base salary -- which is believed to have been around $12 million -- and several other contractual fees, including the cost of the Australian driver's superlicence.'

Throw in Oscars fathers business nous for good measure.

not sure sure whether u were having a crack at me, achy, but as your post followed mine I'm guessing u were.

i’ve never questions oscar’s driving and am as keen as everyone for him 2 succeed. i stand by my criticism of webber who wasn’t exactly on top of things as a driver when it came to strategic thinking and it’s not a good idea to burn bridges in any businesslike environment. the only question i've ventured about oscar related 2 an interview at the ‘g’. which had zero 2 do with his driving. silly attempt at conflating the 2.

Webbers record exceeds Dans at this point in his career (imho)

Mark Webber20022013217 (215 starts)9 wins42 podiums1047.5 pts13 poles19 fastest laps-
Daniel Ricciardo20112022223 (223 starts)8321293316

Been a Dan fan since I saw him race FF at Sandown, long, long ago. His father raced in WA before I came east.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back