F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He is fully at fault in that clip with Max. I already have a bit of a dislike for Ocon since he looks like a guy I know that is annoying AF, but to try and pass off blame onto Max was just idiotic.

He is fully at fault in that clip with Max. I already have a bit of a dislike for Ocon since he looks like a guy I know that is annoying AF, but to try and pass off blame onto Max was just idiotic.
Technically speaking, within the "rules of engagement" for drivers, he's not really in the wrong. Max IS supposed to leave him a car's width. However, the circumstances in which it occurred make it totally Ocon's fault. He's been lapped for f**k's sake. Who the f**k does he think he is interfering with the leader of the race in that situation?

This incident plus the race start from last weekend is all you need to see to figure out what sort of driver Ocon is. If it turns out as expected, I'm glad Piastri won't have Ocon for a "teammate".

But in other news, what are folks thoughts on the possibility of an AT seat for Oscar? I had given this some thought when I first heard about his rejection of Alpine, but dismissed it because all of the rumours pointing at McL. But like the dude on reddit (who has a whole thesis about it) said, rejecting Alpine for McL doesn't really make much sense from a career perspective. If anything, Alpine have the better car at the moment and Ocon doesn't look to be as good a driver as Lando (so less competition).

The Webber history with RB, coupled with either a) Gasly agreeing to go to Alpine, or b) Yuki getting the arse, would be a much better F1 career move for Oscar you'd think. And is a possibility with the dearth of talent coming through the RBJ ranks now that they've punted Vips. It would give Oscar time to prove himself with AT and if he lives up to his potential, a shot at Checo's seat when the time comes.

Remember that Ocon was a lap down in that incident too. Sure he can unlap himself but it should have been upon him to be ultra cautious in doing so. Max shouldn't have expected a lap down car to be so aggressive. I didn't blame Max at all for being so angry.

Weirdly enough I think this would be a win win for both sides.

Daniel ends up in a car that (assuming hasn't been radically changed in 2 years) suits his driving style and seems to be on target for 4th best. He hasn't been able to adapt to the McLaren which is a shame.
Oscar goes straight into a competitive team (Lando has shown at times that the McLaren car is quick in the right conditions).

Daniel ends up in a car that (assuming hasn't been radically changed in 2 years) suits his driving style and seems to be on target for 4th best.
Oscar goes straight into a competitive team (Lando has shown at times that the McLaren car is quick in the right conditions).

LMAO every car on the grid is radically changed this year!

Daniel ends up in a car that (assuming hasn't been radically changed in 2 years) suits his driving style and seems to be on target for 4th best. He hasn't been able to adapt to the McLaren which is a shame.
Finding an environment that actually wants him again will also help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMAO every car on the grid is radically changed this year!
Changed for everyone though.
Daniel sucked in last years McLaren (pre-reg changes) and this year (post-reg changes). So I don't see those having much of an impact on whether he is suited to the car or not.

Finding an environment that actually wants him again will also help.
McLaren did all they could to support Daniel, but the results just never came (with the exception of Monza).

Seeing it from multiple sources now. It is going to be interesting how things fall.

Apparently Oscar signed the contract on July 1st and Alpine didn't do anything about it in the supposed 30 day grace period. If so, they don't seem to have a legal leg to stand on- especially with the contract supposedly being signed off on by the FIA.

The only explanation for that is that Oscar and Webber couldn't have known about Alonso's departure. Unless things are just super toxic at Alpine.

As I said above, you'd think Alpine was the better destination for Oscar career-wise. Even when the McLaren has been "good" this year, it hasn't been a whole lot better than the Alpine, and has far more often been worse. Not to mention that Lando is the darling of the team.

The only explanation for that is that Oscar and Webber couldn't have known about Alonso's departure. Unless things are just super toxic at Alpine.

As I said above, you'd think Alpine was the better destination for Oscar career-wise. Even when the McLaren has been "good" this year, it hasn't been a whole lot better than the Alpine, and has far more often been worse. Not to mention that Lando is the darling of the team.

Oscar-Webber camp didn't want to spend a year at Williams which was Alpine's proposal when they thought they still had Alonso.

Unless things are just super toxic at Alpine.

Supposedly Laurent Rossi is a problem and creates a poor work environment and is one reason why Alonso left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back