F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Then he’d go to Haas, Williams, Alfa etc who would all offer Oscar a drive next year

Would they? The only one expected to have a seat available is Williams and that will most likely go to Logan Sargent.

Would they? The only one expected to have a seat available is Williams and that will most likely go to Logan Sargent.
No way Williams would go Sargent over Oscar if he was out of his Alpine contract - they’d maybe go Sargent if it was only a loan for Oscar, although still unlikely.

Sounds like both Haas & Alfa may have a seat open, and I’d suggest they’d make one if Oscar was properly available (ie available to sign, not on loan) AT would jump at him too. There’s no backmarker that wouldn’t find a seat for him if he was properly on the market, as has turned out even a midfielder has opened a seat to accomodate him.

If he was going to go to McLaren as a reserves driver, he’d simply now just take the Alpine seat, as no one signs a reserves contract without an out clause for a drive.

Williams, Alpha Tauri, Haas all have free seats for next year at least 2 of those will change hands, You can stake your life on the fact none of them are picking one of the kids that were miles off oscar last year over him if they have the choice.

unknown.png

Damn statistics.

Rip Mick too.

Given that McL supposedly told DR immediately after the Hungarian GP that he wouldn't be driving for them next year, I think it's pretty clear that they signed Oscar to that seat as opposed to being a reserve driver.

Possibly in earlier discussions they told him that he'd be a reserve driver if they couldn't work something out with DR, but by last Sunday, they seem to have made the call. And given that Oscar couldn't have signed anything until after his Alpine agreement had run out (31 July) McL had already decided the seat was open.

I think there is one more recent. I don't think it was by The Race.
I shared one earlier in the thread that might possibly be it, I will see if I can find it

EDIT: This was the one I posted, possibly the one you're thinking of?

Not sure I can agree with that, given the fate of all of Verstappen's partners since he departed.
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but every move DR has done upon arriving to the decision to leave RB has backfired.
At least at RB he'd be in the fight up the front in every race.The car suited him.

I shared one earlier in the thread that might possibly be it, I will see if I can find it

EDIT: This was the one I posted, possibly the one you're thinking of?

Yep. That is the one.

Some changes to the regs for next year, including a change to quali sessions.... (edit: on second read, its only a change to Quali for 2 GP's next year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tyre changes are only being brought in as a possible cost saving/reduce emissions measure, as it means Pirelli will supply less tyres for that weekend.

Dan's latest post on Instagram...... looks like a man who just secured his future and is in for a double pay day.... :cool: :sweatsmile:

I don't see any benefit in those regs

It will only be interesting if certain teams are stronger/weaker on a specific tyre. But usually the trend is if the hard tyres suck, then they suck for everyone.
I don't know why there's such resistance to changes like these. Anything that gives even the possibility of a mixed up grid can only be a good thing.

In this case, not only do you have the possibility of teams/cars being better/worse with different type compounds, but the drivers themselves could also be impacted. Then you also have the situation (like the Mercs with hards this year) where they take longer to bring them up to full operating temperature.

All of this means that it becomes much less certain what the final grid order might be, but at the same time keeping the conditions the same for everyone - unlike the reverse grid thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back