F1 2022

Mick Schumacher looking like he won't have his contract extended.

Thoughts? Another seat to add to the revolving door of drivers but this might spell the end of his F1 stint. Did he deserve the spot in the first place? Did he do enough to retain it?

Lia

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
I think he deserved his chance, he won in F2. He has always been a bit of a slower improver as indicative of his progression in F1. Which potential replacement would be better? Giovinazzi never impressed me really.

I'm not a huge Mick fan but I have seen some progress this year.

Rumours Latifi has also been told it's the end of the line for him too.

Is Daniel a realistic chance of going to Haas? Especially if Alpine somehow lands Gasly?

I think so - difficult to envision any other Ferrari-linked driver that may take the seat. Would he want to, though? And would Haas go that way?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I think he deserved his chance, he won in F2. He has always been a bit of a slower improver as indicative of his progression in F1. Which potential replacement would be better? Giovinazzi never impressed me really.

I'm not a huge Mick fan but I have seen some progress this year.
How much of that is the car seeing some progress this year though?

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Rumours Latifi has also been told it's the end of the line for him too.

I think so - difficult to envision any other Ferrari-linked driver that may take the seat. Would he want to, though? And would Haas go that way?

Well they've had the crack at relative inexperience - perhaps they might want to go back to the elder statemen type in Daniel. In addition to that, it's widely mentioned that Daniel and America have a mutual love affair and perhaps that might be a good marketing opportunity for Haas.

Well they've had the crack at relative inexperience - perhaps they might want to go back to the elder statemen type in Daniel. In addition to that, it's widely mentioned that Daniel and America have a mutual love affair and perhaps that might be a good marketing opportunity for Haas.

They have Kevin Magnussen though as the senior talent.

I know Haas are keen to promote themselves as no longer relying on pay drivers but a bit of extra coin would not go astray.

Lia

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
How much of that is the car seeing some progress this year though?
I think that actually getting some points on the board and converting a decent starting position was a big moment for him.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
See it as a fresh start for both parties and get some decent investment in their cars too. Gene also owns a property in the south west of wa so there’s another link back to Daniel.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Talk about overtakes yesterday, this is all I could find so far, as of the French GP

EDIT: Ok, found some live spreadsheets with the data that is up to date as of Spa from this reddit user: catchingisonething (u/catchingisonething) - Reddit
A Few Notes
  • This data does not include overtakes made on Lap 1 or the first lap of a standing restart.
  • On track moves for position only, not counting passes made in pits, lapped cars, cars unlapping, on cars off track or spun, team orders etc...

2022 Overtakes Spreadsheet

2022 Overtakes Numbers by Driver

Top 10 drivers to be overtaken so far this year:
DriverNo. Overtaken
Magnussen55
Schumacher49
Latifi47
Ricciardo45
Stroll43
Alonso39
Albon36
Gasly35
Norris34
Zhou32

Last edited:

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Mick Schumacher looking like he won't have his contract extended.

Thoughts? Another seat to add to the revolving door of drivers but this might spell the end of his F1 stint. Did he deserve the spot in the first place? Did he do enough to retain it?
not surprising 2 me. hasn't shown much imo.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So Hamilton may have broken his engine/gearbox when he crash landed haha. I hope Alonso gets asked what he thinks about that.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
So Max has been appointed an Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau by the Dutch King. Similar to how the British knight some of their citizens. His official title would now be Officer Max Verstappen (more info on the ranks etc can be found on the wiki page: Order of Orange-Nassau - Wikipedia)

So we now have Officer Max, Sir Lewis and Inspector Seb :sweatsmile:

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Using that data above, gives us a net gain (on track) of:

DriverGainedLossNet Gain
Sainz336
27​
Hamilton3916
23​
Russell298
21​
Leclerc3717
20​
Verstappen2911
18​
Perez217
14​
Zhou4532
13​
Vettel3529
6​
Alonso4339
4​
Ocon2829
-1​
Tsunoda3031
-1​
Norris3134
-3​
Gasly2935
-6​
Stroll3743
-6​
Bottas1926
-7​
Magnussen4655
-9​
Hulkenberg216
-14​
Albon2036
-16​
Schumacher3349
-16​
Ricciardo1645
-29​
Latifi947
-38​

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ferrari and Merc seeding doubt into redbulls spending cap credibility at the moment,, obviously they can't outright accuse them but are toeing the line on "we can't afford to rebuild the chassis"

Rumours are now circulating the grid they are using part of AlphaTauris cap .

Perhaps they could do it because unlike the other 2, porpoising wasn't a big an issue

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
FYI guys, not sure if anyone here ever has or is looking to purchase anything from F1 Authentics (the official licensed FOM reseller of authentic F1 gear and linked to directly from F1.com)......be very wary....seems not everything is 100% legit and as advertised (which for items that can cost in the thousands of dollars you would want to be getting exactly what you ordered), just 3 separate stories have popped up this week alone

EDIT: Apologies for the wall of text, couldnt work out how to stop the reddit url's from auto converting to media and displaying the full posts

And one from a few months ago

Last edited:
Back