darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
The driver who wins and the driver who comes last at Vegas, need to do a double-or-nothing play at a blackjack table afterwards.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any idea on how much Vegas might cost?

I should be in the US that time next year.
I doubt it'll be cheap, I'd imagine best bet would be to just book a room that overlooks part of the track.
I grabbed British GP tix last week and cost me $720AUD for a 3 day grandstand seat in Village, so not even close to top of the range. Prices seem to be going up which is annoying, although not entirely surprising given the amount of sell-outs and increased popularity of the sport.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Any idea on how much Vegas might cost?

I should be in the US that time next year.
I highly doubt it's going to be cheap

OH, and those "affordable" tickets the FIA are talking about, you need to pay $7.77 US to join their mailing list to even have the chance to purchase them when they are released at an unknown date for an unknown price

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Formula 1's most hated man? Surely he's not the most hated. I personally dislike stroll more than latifi.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I got interested in what the las Vegas tickets could cost and found this tweet.

.@MGMResortsIntl is planning to buy $20-25 million worth of @F1LasVegas tickets from @F1 so that it can create hotel+event packages for next year's race, per CEO Bill Hornbuckle. [https://abs-0] He said rooms may cost three times their usual rate and packages could retail for up to $100,000.

Formula 1's most hated man? Surely he's not the most hated. I personally dislike stroll more than latifi.

Latifi is not a good driver but he is very much likeable. Who said he is F1's most hated man?

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Latifi is not a good driver but he is very much likeable. Who said he is F1's most hated man?
Was the headline in news.com.au most hated man falls on his sword. Definitely not going to argue he can't drive but. Agreed he's not unlikeable

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

Would have to think that DeVries will slot into that seat.

Both Alpha tauri and Alpine are/were interested in DeVries, will only end up at Williams if neither are interested after that Hungary Test Alpine are doing/have done by now I assume?

Expect outcome 2-3 days ago was

Gasly to Alpine
De Vries to Alpha Tauri
Sargeant to Williams (Doohan if Sargeant doesn't get the super licence points)

Actually thinking about it now maybe the test (Cant find the dates anywhere) was during the week and doohan beat de vries so Alpine and Alpha Tauri have gone cold on him hence the Latifi announcement now they have De Vries confirmed.

If we see De Vries announced to Williams before the other seats then Gasly probably stays at Alpha Tauri & Doohan maybe sneaks into Alpine unless they go back to Riccardo.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
That Alpine test is just ridiculous. What's the bet the driver that goes fastest in the test doesn't get the gig LMAO.
Considering its only Doohan, Giovinazzi & De Vries its highly likely.

If Gio was fastest then none of them get the gig they probably call up danny ric to come back

If Doohan was then maybe they go through with it but they have said they want him to break a wing elsewhere 1st so probably still go looking for danny ric or hulkenburg

If it is de vries that info probably gets passed along to red bull so they take him and release gasly

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Considering its only Doohan, Giovinazzi & De Vries its highly likely.

If Gio was fastest then none of them get the gig they probably call up danny ric to come back

If Doohan was then maybe they go through with it but they have said they want him to break a wing elsewhere 1st so probably still go looking for danny ric or hulkenburg

If it is de vries that info probably gets passed along to red bull so they take him and release gasly
think mick's son has a way 2 go.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
think mick's son has a way 2 go.
has the raw speed to get into F1, needs to learn how to keep out of trouble and convert qualifying results into strong points more often.

Bahrain:
Starts Pole, Vips had an issue in the pits gifting him the win only to break his wing on pit exit just not keeping his nose clean and misses the points.

Saudi Arabia:
Qually P3, bins a SC restart in the sprint and gets demoted to last on the grid where he had the race pace to recover to p8 but cost himself min podium.

Imola:
Again p3 and gets involved in a lap 1 incident trying to be too aggressive and bins himself another podium.

Spain:
Drove perfectly, should have won if not for the team boxing him way too early and gifting drugovich much fresher boots for the end of the race.

Monaco:
Start p3 lost a place but drove it home good result

Baku: 1st poor qualifying, did a reasonably good race only to be hit with a dodgy 5sec pen that cost him p5, can't blame him for this really but still -10 points due to race incident.

probably -65 points to this point of the season and he finally started showing some maturity and put together a strong middle part of the year leading to the win at spa but then a DNF when he would have finished p2 or p1 at zandvoort and another dnf from pole at monza admittedly due partially to a clutch error is another 25+ points in the bin and his chances of getting the alpine seat gone.

If you were reviewing his season you would be content with his raw speed and happy there has been improvement to his ability to take less risks/keep his nose clean as the season has progressed but you are going to want to see him complete an F2 season without incident and win the title next year or put him in a williams seat an iron out the issues and if you are doohan's management you probably want to do another f2 season because if he has those errors in F1 his career will be over by next year.

It actually looks a lot better without all those ridiculous lighting effects.

309426571_10160178654831413_8020027131927326498_n.jpg

Back