Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Wish Malaysia would come back.
Oh hell yes, totally agree with that! I went back in 2012 (Was cheaper to fly to Malaysia from Perth for the week and get grandstand tickets with pitlane tour etc than fly to Melb for the Aus GP for the weekend) and had a blast. Other than the track being 60km out of KL, loved everything about it. Buying a cooler bag of full of ice and 6 Tigers for $20 so you could sit and have a few drinks while watching support races etc was gold. They also had that Fanvision back then, (handheld device that was on WIFI that you hired and was effecvitly like the Sky "Red Button" now, could watch pitlane, TV broadcast, radios etc), made following the action a bit easier while watching the race live.

That 2012 race was epic as well, race was red flagged due to downpour, and then when it resumed, PER was catching ALO in the closing stages of the race at a rapid pace (and would have easily passed him as well) until he had that "mysterious" off on a corner that gave ALO some breathing room. I still remember the Sauber/Ferrari conspiracy theories haha.

Good times, would go back in a heartbeat if they announced a race there again.

Last edited:
Next season's sprint races.

grtdan0v6i4a1.jpg

No Quarter

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
Jul 21, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#DR3
Over 50% (yes I made that up) go to the F1 as a social event.
I once went on a corporate ticket, in a suite just past pit exit.
Fantastic viewing, food and booze.
But by 11am, the ladies who had spent hours dressing up and pasting on their face, were simply shitfaced on the free booze. The men, not so much dressed up, were no less shitfaced.
To find someone to talk to who was interested in the cars and the men in the cockpits, was like the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Not at all surprised it’s an almost sellout after three years of lockdowns.

This doesn't strike me all that different to the Australian Open... we never watch tennis the rest of the year but it's all we think of when it's here.

Even the AFL GF to a certain extent.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Looks like Williams team principal Jost Capito and technical director FX Demaison are both leaving the team. Appears that Jost is retiring (he originally cancelled his retirement plans 2 years ago to assist Williams), while FX Demaison may be moving back to WRC (which is where Jost brought him over from as well)

Would you really want Zak Brown breathing in your ear every few minutes?

This is true. Although, as I understand it, Zak mainly runs the corporate side while Seidl ran the racing side which is why Zak could pick and choose what races to attend.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
This is true. Although, as I understand it, Zak mainly runs the corporate side while Seidl ran the racing side which is why Zak could pick and choose what races to attend.

To me it always seemed an odd setup because whenever there was a 'team principals' press conference more often than not you would have Brown there instead of Seidl even though Seidl was supposedly the team principal.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Seidl leaving is a huge surprise. I have no idea why you leave McLaren to go to Alfa.
As others have said its a promised role for Audi 2026 no doubt they will start injecting funds now to take the car forward before rebadging the cars in 2026, it seems AUDI intend to be immediately competitive with 3 seasons to grow the car under another name.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
As others have said its a promised role for Audi 2026 no doubt they will start injecting funds now to take the car forward before rebadging the cars in 2026, it seems AUDI intend to be immediately competitive with 3 seasons to grow the car under another name.

Very smart, what BMW half-assed tried to do, and what Toyota should have done

Back