F1 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What a surprise when you have a UAE man as President.
Is this ban applied holistically, or just to FIA events? If it's the latter I've got no qualms with this.

Also associating the decision with the president's nationality is a tad bigoted imo.

Is this ban applied holistically, or just to FIA events? If it's the latter I've got no qualms with this.

Also associating the decision with the president's nationality is a tad bigoted imo.
Not really when they were allowed to do protests prior to his election and now they are nor

Not really when they were allowed to do protests prior to his election and now they are nor
To think that the FIA President is some kind of dictator who can make rules as he sees fit is naive. This decision would have gone through processes and been voted in. For all we know Mohammed Ben Sulayem could have voted against it

This decision is very likely financially motivated. In that it's based on a desire to keep a number of regimes happy that provide F1/motorsport significant financial backing, rather then a decision to do with the President's personal views. This decision is therefore something that someone like Max Mosley (a white guy) would push for. See his efforts to stop the legislation banning tobacco advertising for example.

You're assuming the current president's views based on nothing but his nationality. It is by definition, bigoted.

To think that the FIA President is some kind of dictator who can make rules as he sees fit is naive. This decision would have gone through processes and been voted in. For all we know Mohammed Ben Sulayem could have voted against it

This decision is very likely financially motivated. In that it's based on a desire to keep a number of regimes happy that provide F1/motorsport significant financial backing, rather then a decision to do with the President's personal views. This decision is therefore something that someone like Max Mosley (a white guy) would push for. See his efforts to stop the legislation banning tobacco advertising for example.

You're assuming the current president's views based on nothing but his nationality. It is by definition, bigoted.
So it's not a coincidence especially now that Qatar and Saudi are on board. Ok then stick your head in the sand

Yes this is very much a "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" move rather than a "President wears a hijab" move.

Wonder if it will extend to their social media accounts or is just about at FIA events.
Surely they can't extend it to personal social media accounts, things said in interviews etc. That'd be step too far.

I'm assuming it's just limited to FIA events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh I think the woke era of F1 had a long enough run. Let's dispense with politicizing the sport and get on with burning oil.

Surely they can't extend it to personal social media accounts, things said in interviews etc. That'd be step too far.

I'm assuming it's just limited to FIA events.
I'd like to think they can't silence what the drivers say on their own personal time, but if that's what the FIA are trying to do, it's absolutely insane. I'd like to think there'd be a backlash from the drivers, but they'll probably and collectively, keep quiet, for the sake of money.

No confirmation of who will be driving the demo, but surely RIC will be the one doing this considering its Bathurst....

Last time a F1 car did a lap around Bathurst (Jenson Button in 2011 with McLaren)

Last edited:
VB is ******* horrid but I would buy this.

g29kx9oxa28a1.jpg

So apparently RIC is going to get about $18m of the reported $21m that McLaren owe him for his contract buyout, mainly because he is going into a third driver role vs an actual race seat on the grid (Which would have given McLaren more leverage in the negotiations)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back