F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

hamcantpark.jpg

I guess parking in the pitbox correctly is optional for British drivers.
They've tightened up on the rules recently, that's obviously from 2 years ago so yeah, no surprise.

Confirmed that your "teamate" is a worried knob.

But Norris refused to give his rookie teammate credit for the late overtake, declaring he essentially gave up given the state of the race.

“I could have quite easily probably kept the position at the end and got past the Williams (of Sargeant) but yeah, I just let him go in the end,” Norris said.

“It would be different if I was fighting for points, but 16th and 17th – it doesn’t matter.”

Alpine literally announced him as their driver.
After he’d signed with McLaren…

At that time there was no Alpine seat available, it was potentially a seat with Williams (which hasn’t even been confirmed as available considering they had their own talent in Sargent) or sit out another year or more and wait for an Alpine seat, or McLaren

It’s pretty simple isn’t it but this argument is never gonna end 😭

If Oscar keeps matching or beating Lando he’s also firmly put himself in the frame to take the next top seat which opens up. Who knows he may find himself in a Merc in 2-3 years because of this decision.

Going to mean a lot more for him than beating Ocon in the same machinery
I've been trying to tell people this on here for months they don't get it, it's like boxing or MMA you can go around beating guys ranked 5-10 and stay ranked 5-10 yourself or you can challenge the number 1 contender and jump yourself straight to the top to get that title shot when it presents.

Oscar was at least matching Norris in the laps they did at Bahrain, he has beaten him in qualifying in the 2nd race and had better race pace. It's huge that he on 50 lap old hards got sargent in 2 laps when Norris on 20 lap newer boots couldn't get him for 15 laps or more.

Confirmed that your "teamate" is a worried knob.

But Norris refused to give his rookie teammate credit for the late overtake, declaring he essentially gave up given the state of the race.

“I could have quite easily probably kept the position at the end and got past the Williams (of Sargeant) but yeah, I just let him go in the end,” Norris said.

“It would be different if I was fighting for points, but 16th and 17th – it doesn’t matter.”
He was trying to get sergeant for 10 laps and couldn't, Oscar did it in 1 on 20 lap older boots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, how the * did Oscar get around Lando and sargent ??

Did they even show it ?

Lando was told not to make it difficult for Oscar so I think there may have been team orders so Oscar could have a go at getting around Sargeant.

I've been trying to tell people this on here for months they don't get it, it's like boxing or MMA you can go around beating guys ranked 5-10 and stay ranked 5-10 yourself or you can challenge the number 1 contender and jump yourself straight to the top to get that title shot when it presents.

Oscar was at least matching Norris in the laps they did at Bahrain, he has beaten him in qualifying in the 2nd race and had better race pace. It's huge that he on 50 lap old hards got sargent in 2 laps when Norris on 20 lap newer boots couldn't get him for 15 laps or more.
spot-on s.f

Lando was told not to make it difficult for Oscar so I think there may have been team orders so Oscar could have a go at getting around Sargeant.
Gonna be spicy if they get a car that can regularly finish in the points and Oscar is still beating Lando - I quite like Lando but he’s shown he can be a bit of a spoilt brat when things aren’t going his way. What will happen if he’s no longer the golden boy at McLaren and the new golden boy starts getting some preferential treatment 🤪

I’m pissed at McLaren for not building a car capable of giving us that drama! Was obviously a rare off week for Lando so will see what happens over the next few weeks but if Oscar is actually already even close to Lando’s level after two races that is ridiculously impressive. Not sure if it says more about just how good OP is or just how poor Ric actually was last year though.

The McLaren actually does quite a bit right on race day weirdly, quite good cornering speed, tyre deg is pretty good and last week aside they’re usually pretty reliable. It’s just their drag on the straights is so unbelievably poor - like all time bad. It just leaves them in the situation where they spend all race following the car in front closely, losing time in the corners, but then unable to get past because they’re a *ing genuine brick on the straights.

If this supposedly huge Baku upgrade manages to rectify that then it actually won’t be too bad of a package and I suspect with two good drivers they’ll be firmly in the mix for 5th with Alpine. But a quick Melbourne GP next weekend could be ugly for them.

Wait, how the * did Oscar get around Lando and sargent ??

Did they even show it ?
Lando overtake yeah, he got him into the final turn and norris got him back around turn 2. He then got the radio message not to make it difficult so he let him through down the straight when piastri had a run on him. The logan overtake we didnt see, nfi how good or bad it was.

Lando overtake yeah, he got him into the final turn and norris got him back around turn 2. He then got the radio message not to make it difficult so he let him through down the straight when piastri had a run on him. The logan overtake we didnt see, nfi how good or bad it was.

I think they did show it briefly at the end. It looked like the standard overtake with DRS down the straight.

I'll say it again since it's appropriate. There was a time when I was counting down the races when a lightweight like Sergio Patrese was going to get the record for most races in a career without a win. He's now won 5 races :huh:

Sometimes in car racing. When the best team becomes crap, or just a bit off, it's the lesser driver that does better.

I'll say it again since it's appropriate. There was a time when I was counting down the races when a lightweight like Sergio Patrese was going to get the record for most races in a career without a win. He's now won 5 races :huh:

Sometimes in car racing. When the best team becomes crap, or just a bit off, it's the lesser driver that does better.
I mean RBR hasnt become crap.

Perez's wins have come in:
  • Azerbaijan when Max was leading and had the tyre blowout
  • Monaco when Max was on a faster qualifying lap but got done in by Leclerc.
  • Singapore when RBR underfueled Max.
  • Saudi when Max had a driveshaft issue in quali.

Just watched the rest of the race, kinda glad I went to bed at the halfway point.

Best part I think was Perez matching Verstappens pace for the last 20 laps, Perez seemed annoyed in the cooldown room about Verstappen having the green light for a fastest lap attempt in the final lap.

Just watched the rest of the race, kinda glad I went to bed at the halfway point.

Best part I think was Perez matching Verstappens pace for the last 20 laps, Perez seemed annoyed in the cooldown room about Verstappen having the green light for a fastest lap attempt in the final lap.

I'm not sure that he did. I think he just went for it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back