F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but then you get cases like Lewis in Brazil where he was ~15th at the start of the sprint and moved through the field because nobody wanted to waste their time racing him. Then he goes onto win the race because of the places he made up during the sprint. It made a mockery of the penalties for taking a new engine.
It did contribute to a epic season ending race, or lap

Looking ahead, given there is a lot of footy (both codes on sat/sun), is there any worries that the F1 quali and race might only be in HD, given that it only has a “HD” logo next to the fox logo when going forwards through the “Ultra HD Live & Upcoming”..?

edit: when clicking on it, it does say UHD in the details, but when has that ever meant your recording will be in 4K….

Looking ahead, given there is a lot of footy (both codes on sat/sun), is there any worries that the F1 quali and race might only be in HD, given that it only has a “HD” logo next to the fox logo when going forwards through the “Ultra HD Live & Upcoming”..?

edit: when clicking on it, it does say UHD in the details, but when has that ever meant your recording will be in 4K….
Will be in 4K, there are now 4 4K channels.

Edit: I see you're on Whirlpool forums too :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Melbourne Coffee roaster St Ali have liaised with Finnish brand Kahiwa Coffee to create the Mullet Blend

Seems like Bottas is the driver many Australians will be following in Melbourne

F1 Australian Grand Prix news: Mark Webber says Oscar Piastri is relaxed and ready for home race​

Mark Webber says Oscar Piastri is ‘relaxed’ and ready to take on his home race in Melbourne, plus he tips the winner of the Aussie Grand Prix.
Rebecca Williams Rebecca Williams
Follow

@BecHeraldSun

2 min read
March 29, 2023 - 12:20PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

0 Comments

Mark Webber says his young charge Oscar Piastri has not needed any advice about how to handle his Australian Grand Prix debut, declaring the McLaren rookie relaxed and ready to attack his first race at Albert Park.
As Webber tipped Red Bull to dominate at the Melbourne circuit this weekend, the nine-time Grand Prix winner described Piastri’s debut in his home race as a “tremendous moment” for the 21-year-old Melburnian.

Already touted as a future world champion by Australian Formula 1 great Alan Jones, Piastri arrives for his first race at the Albert Park circuit after a challenging start to the year for his team McLaren.
But Webber, who manages Piastri, said the rising star was not feeling any extra pressure ahead of his home race.
Aussie F1 driver Oscar Piastri feeling at home at the Brighton bathing boxes. Picture: David Caird

Aussie F1 driver Oscar Piastri feeling at home at the Brighton bathing boxes. Picture: David Caird
“It’s a tremendous moment for him to race here,” Webber said on Wednesday.
“He’s looking forward to it, he is very relaxed. It’s one race of 23 on the calendar, it’s a home race, of course, but he is looking forward to getting the paddock and starting work.
“I don’t think (he is feeling extra pressure). Once the helmet is on and he’s in the car and he’s driving around the track, he wants a result at every single circuit around the world, no matter if it’s Bahrain, or Saudi (Arabia) or here or Imola.
“He doesn’t need any (advice from me). He is very much looking forward to the weekend.”
Piastri retired with technical problems in the opening race in Bahrain, but his prospects in the second race in Saudi Arabia were crushed by first-lap contact after starting from eighth.
Webber said Piastri had already shown good progress behind the wheel in just two races after sitting out 2023 as a reserve driver for Alpine.
“(He has shown) good progression, he is just learning,” Webber said at an activation for Porsche at the Albert Park track.
“He has had so long out. It just shows you that it is still even hard to take now, obviously the gap that he had. So, he is getting back up to speed and learning as much as he can.
“I’m proud of Oscar ….it has been a long, long journey and he has worked hard to get to this point and he is now at the start of, hopefully, a long journey, which is tremendous for him.
“It’s a feather in his cap so far.”

The 4 DRS zones means the only thing stopping Max at Albert Park is Checo punting him.

The 4 DRS zones means the only thing stopping Max at Albert Park is Checo punting him.
or engine issues.

Strong 2016 vibes early on about this season. If Max has enough issues and Perez doesn't then we could have another Rosberg/Hamilton type scenario. Throw in the back office politics and it could be a pretty interesting season at the top (for Red Bull anyway).

or engine issues.

Strong 2016 vibes early on about this season. If Max has enough issues and Perez doesn't then we could have another Rosberg/Hamilton type scenario. Throw in the back office politics and it could be a pretty interesting season at the top (for Red Bull anyway).
I sincerely hope this happens. This season needs something of intrigue at the top.

Doubt we will see any flareups at redbull for a while. maybe once the constructors title is wrapped up so redbull don't have millions on the line AND if Checo decides to go rogue at that point.

I am very interested in seeing a situation like the end of Interlagos last year but reversed and checo gives the big double bird to giving up track position.

Doubt we will see any flareups at redbull for a while. maybe once the constructors title is wrapped up so redbull don't have millions on the line AND if Checo decides to go rogue at that point.

I am very interested in seeing a situation like the end of Interlagos last year but reversed and checo gives the big double bird to giving up track position.
I dont think they need to swap positions when they will only be fighting each other for the title we can hope though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back