F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know... watching Perez crashing into everything around him - both cars & walls - was amusing. Verstappen can probably consider himself lucky not to be hit by his own teammate, while lapping him (twice), given Perez' ability to hit everything else in sight last night.

Not to mention Stroll, who was even worse.
Magnussen up there as well.

It was more Carlos complaining multiple times about cars moving under braking (while they were clearly just taking the corner). He wasn't a happy man yesterday.

Wonder whether there's more to the reports of Lewis going there.

I don't know... watching Perez crashing into everything around him - both cars & walls - was amusing. Verstappen can probably consider himself lucky not to be hit by his own teammate, while lapping him (twice), given Perez' ability to hit everything else in sight last night.

Not to mention Stroll, who was even worse.

Hugh Bird to Perez....

Super poor drive by Perez. I'd just about put money on Max or Lewis to have scrounged a point or 3 from that race given the same starting position.

I feel like I either want Perez to do very well (so that he poses a legitimate threat to Verstappen) or very poorly (so his seat comes into question for next year).

One or the other please Sergio. Unfortunately it seems like he is going to drive well enough to secure the constructors, but not good enough to provide any sort of competition for Max.

Checo is like Bottas. Good enough to get a good result in the best car on the grid and jag the odd win when things go their way. Realistically he is probably midfield level talent. If RB want serious competition for Max which I don't think they do, tbh, they need to get someone who will perform close to his level like George has done at Merc.

Super poor drive by Perez. I'd just about put money on Max or Lewis to have scrounged a point or 3 from that race given the same starting position.
Monaco is a track where it's pretty much impossible to overtake, so he was screwed as soon as he hit the wall in qualifying.

His only hope was to pit early, catch back up to the back of the train, then "overtake" the drivers ahead of him when they eventually pitted. Of course, this was only ever going to work for drivers who were 19 seconds up the road for him (the time taken to complete a pit stop), which was never going to be enough to push him into the points.

... then he started hitting everything in sight, needing an extra pit stop to replace his front wing, then the team put him on full wets, then they called him in again for intermediates.

He was never going to finish in the points, and the rain put paid to his "overtake in the pits" strategy. Driving like he was in a dodgem car certainly made things worse, but his fate was sealed before the lights went out to start the race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how the race would have gone if Alonso pitted for Inters straight away instead of mediums. Could have been close.

I still think Max wins but it would have been a lot closer.

I wonder how the race would have gone if Alonso pitted for Inters straight away instead of mediums. Could have been close.
He would have won the cars with inter's on were already making up 5-10seconds a lap and max had a big moment on his in lap.

Sky never ceases to amaze me how little they pay attention to the timing board when Bottas had caught the rest of the midfield rapidly in the last 2 laps still saying the drya look faster.

Ferrari doing Ferrari things leaving their first Q1 times late with rain fast approaching

Red flag 🚩. Ferrari might be lucky that only 8 drivers set their times otherwise they'd both be out Q1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back