F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoping for a closer season overall.

Can Ferrari and Mercedes close the gap to RB?

Will Checo last to the summer break? A stuttering start to 2024 will have the Ricciardo hype machine go to another level.

Can McLaren and Aston join the battle at the front for a whole season?

Does anyone like "Stake F1 Team presented by Drake"?

Will Alpha Tauri see any sense and not call their team Racing Bulls?

Will be a decent start for watching the races, Australia, Japan and China all on friendly times, and Bahrain/Saudi both Saturday races local time.

Calendar:

Screenshot 2024-01-02 152755.png

Entry list:
1704169920456.png

Hoping for a closer season overall.

Can Ferrari and Mercedes close the gap to RB?

Will Checo last to the summer break? A stuttering start to 2024 will have the Ricciardo hype machine go to another level.

Can McLaren and Aston join the battle at the front for a whole season?

Does anyone like "Stake F1 Team presented by Drake"?

Will Alpha Tauri see any sense and not call their team Racing Bulls?

Will be a decent start for watching the races, Australia, Japan and China all on friendly times, and Bahrain/Saudi both Saturday races local time.

Calendar:

View attachment 1880766

Entry list:
View attachment 1880767
Yeah hopefully we get a close season. Not optimistic about that though. The whole DR-Checo saga is going to make things interesting, especially if DR gets in a RB and wins or podiums by end of year. That'd be an absolute dream! Then as you mentioned McLaren, can they consistently match it with Ferrari and Merc. They always seem to screw the pooch but would be nice to see Oscar have a more winning season than Lando. And a win for Fernando but I don't think that'll happen either. Worst case scenario and most probable is RB just smash everyone again. Feb 29th is coming up very quickly

Danica Patrick will remain a part of Sky Sports’ F1 presenting team after the broadcaster confirmed their line up will largely remain unchanged for 2024.

* this sucks.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Have Alpha Tauri been renamed yet ?
Not yet. The entry listed name is Scuderia AlphaTauri RB. It can be changed before the start of the season. People are saying the RB is just a placeholder and they will announce the new name at the season launch. They have already trademarked 'Racing Bull' mid last year so I'd assume it'll switch to that whenever their launch is. Like a month or so?
My guess will be Scuderia Racing Bull

Will be interesting to see if the other teams catch RB, they got closer later last year but with RB so dominant they probably didn't waste much time and money developing their 2023 car.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if the other teams catch RB, they got closer later last year but with RB so dominant they probably didn't waste much time and money developing their 2023 car.
RB stopped development on their 2023 car around June/July, which contributed to the others closing the gap towards the end of the season. Max was still 0.5 seconds faster around most tracks, even then.

If you happen to have a spare couple of hundred thousand $

anyone-who-wants-to-compete-against-the-best-needs-the-best-v0-lzhpzvl15hac1.png

Highly likely but the ultra competitive 2003 (after the 2000-02 dominance), 2005 (after 2004 whitewash) and 2012 (after 2011 Vettel) seasons give me hope of some sort of upset. Even if ultimately like 2003 and 2012 it's the same guy winning the title.

The plus side is surely it can't be more of a dominance than 2023... it would literally take RB to win every single race. I just can't see that happening.

Not yet. The entry listed name is Scuderia AlphaTauri RB. It can be changed before the start of the season. People are saying the RB is just a placeholder and they will announce the new name at the season launch. They have already trademarked 'Racing Bull' mid last year so I'd assume it'll switch to that whenever their launch is. Like a month or so?
My guess will be Scuderia Racing Bull

Fanciful I know but how cool would it be for them to embrace the Minardi heritage and incorporate that name back into the fold.

Highly likely but the ultra competitive 2003 (after the 2000-02 dominance), 2005 (after 2004 whitewash) and 2012 (after 2011 Vettel) seasons give me hope of some sort of upset. Even if ultimately like 2003 and 2012 it's the same guy winning the title.

The plus side is surely it can't be more of a dominance than 2023... it would literally take RB to win every single race. I just can't see that happening.
I like that optimism mate haha. you're right though, surely they couldn't win it all again so soon. I heard or read somewhere (maybe this thread) that RB are likely to leave the car alone to a degree, why risk potentially lessening your dominance by unnecessary tinkering. Better off taking the chance that no-one will catch them or match last year's car. I can see how that makes sense but innovation is key.
Fanciful I know but how cool would it be for them to embrace the Minardi heritage and incorporate that name back into the fold.
That would be cool. My earliest memories of F1 were someone giving me a used Minardi cap in 2001/02. So I say they were my first team. I didn't know this but just looking back to the driver line ups back then. In 2001 Fernando was the full time driver for Minardi in 2001 but after an impressive season he went to Renault as a test driver and didn't race at all in 2002. That wouldn't be done nowadays, ballsy move.

I like that optimism mate haha. you're right though, surely they couldn't win it all again so soon. I heard or read somewhere (maybe this thread) that RB are likely to leave the car alone to a degree, why risk potentially lessening your dominance by unnecessary tinkering. Better off taking the chance that no-one will catch them or match last year's car. I can see how that makes sense but innovation is key.

That would be cool. My earliest memories of F1 were someone giving me a used Minardi cap in 2001/02. So I say they were my first team. I didn't know this but just looking back to the driver line ups back then. In 2001 Fernando was the full time driver for Minardi in 2001 but after an impressive season he went to Renault as a test driver and didn't race at all in 2002. That wouldn't be done nowadays, ballsy move.
Yeah I remember watching him in the Minardi. Not even thinking he'll be one of my favourite drivers one day

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I think you're right that it will be close again. Ferrari and Mercedes got seduced with the one lap performance of their cars at the start and the end 2022 season respectively and decided that to find consistency, evolution rather than revolution was the answer to taking the next step in 2023. From all reports it looks like they are not making that approach again. The fact that both teams seemed to understand the shortcomings in their '23 car very early on makes it more likely one of them will have figured out enough to produce faster car for Sunday.

McLaren and Aston Martin were already conceptually similar to the Red Bull, so what they need to address to close the gap isn't as clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back