F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As I type, it's the small hours of the 1st of May, and therefore the 30th anniversary of Ayrton Senna's death. Somehow, the 30th anniversary of Roland Ratzenberger's death passed me by.

Such a terrible weekend for F1, just utterly awful, but we won't forget them.
30 yrs wow. Wonder how he would feel about today's racing. Would of made an interesting commentator. Would also be in most people's top 5 all time you would think

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

30 yrs wow. Wonder how he would feel about today's racing. Would of made an interesting commentator. Would also be in most people's top 5 all time you would think

He remains such an incredible contradiction. The man who stopped his car to help a stricken Erik Comas is also the man who deliberately caused a high-speed collision with Prost to win a championship. Such a fast, ruthless, committed, talented racer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c1ejpl7k2lqo

Fascinating post about Sid Watkins, and his relationship with Senna, along with a new notes about how driver safety has gotten so much better.

Ferrari Miami livery

8673879c-1fa1-4626-970a-73a8160acb73

Basically if he's going somewhere he's going for the 2026 rules rather than trying to fix something that is shite. Let's hope it isn't Ferrari, last thing we want is Bono My Tyres winning more GPs.

Leclerc will wipe the floor with the only champion to be beaten by three (soon to be four) different teammates in equal machinery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Race day thread is open guys - have at it

Not really sure what they think they can do. They have no control over FOM, the FIA, or the team bosses.
Both Liberty (owners of FOM) and Andretti are US companies, which may give them some leverage. The FIA approved Andretti anyway, so Congress doesn't have any issue with them.

Boss of f2 and f3 saying no room for andretti there either. Except they are losing Prema racing next year. Starting to have a whiff of conspiracy about andretti

Remove this Banner Ad

Back