F1 Championship 2018 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan just interviewed during the notebook, just looks like a guy who knows he won’t be driving a Red Bull in 2019

so you can essentially block the track then on the straights????
Even if it wasnt in the braking zone, you can only move once to defend a position.
Article 27.5 of the F1 Sporting Regulations states that “…no car may be driven…in a manner which could be potentially dangerous to other drivers…”. Furthermore, Article 27.8 prohibits any manoeuvre “…liable to hinder other drivers, such as…any abnormal change of direction”.

I guess its whether or not you consider Max's move to be an abnormal change of direction. Personally I think it was borderline, but probably need to see the incident again

In other news

I reckon even his old man thought it was wrong. You can see him watching a replay and saying "Max....................s**t".
Even he knows there's a penalty coming.
You can hide s**t in a team, but once it goes to the stewards......you're ****ed.

Dan just interviewed during the notebook, just looks like a guy who knows he won’t be driving a Red Bull in 2019
yeah his post-race interview was him biting his tongue and saving his real thoughts for family and friends on a phone call. Dan is driving for either Merc or Ferrari next year. Personally hope its Ferrari

yeah his post-race interview was him biting his tongue and saving his real thoughts for family and friends on a phone call. Dan is driving for either Merc or Ferrari next year. Personally hope its Ferrari
As much as I love Kimi, I think the Ferrari seat should go to someone else next year. I dont really see Bottas in danger as he is doing ok. Lewis would love to keep him as he knows he can beat him.
Remember Hamiltons shenanigans when he had to drive with Alonso at McLaren? Same s**t will happen with Danny if he goes there.
Vettel SEEMED to get along with Dan OK.

Technically Daniel caused the accident by locking up into the back of Verstappen :p

Not his fault, the move left by Verstappen took away Ricciardo's Dow force and affected his braking ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically Daniel caused the accident by locking up into the back of Verstappen :p
If it had of been Dan pulling those moves I'd be bagging the s**t out of him. You just cant do that s**t.
Max has been lucky up till now pulling the same s**t, but his luck just run out. Marko can play games all he likes, but once the stewards get involved its out of his hands.

Whats the story? Are you a Max fan or a Dan hater. It's cut and dried.
Do you have to be one or the other? I think some on here let their Aussie bias get in the way sometimes.
I thought that Antony Davidson did a good job explaining the issue on Sky. If you had to assign one driver more blame for the incident then yes its Max but overall for me its a racing incident (providing that Max had already started covering off the left hand side before the braking zone)

Helmut defending Max.
I'm shocked

And this is the whole thing in a nutshell.

Its Seb and Webber all over again. The European driver gets the Austrian luv. Newey wants them all shot. The fastest bloke should get called thru. Thats not team orders, thats having the balls to dictate the faster driver gets the nod who, ever it is. Newey looked at Horner in disgust when he left the pitwall and Horner knew he should have made the call to back Crashsteppan off and let ADR thru.

It was all set up from the first time they touched. Max understeered into 1 and pushed DR off track. Then when ADR got him Max held his line into 2 and if ADR didnt bail out of it - which he did - that was both of them out.

Then the overcut worked for Max but ADR was faster again and 3 moves in the braking zone later its all gone pear shaped.

AS much as Horner and Marko want to get all red necked from yelling at both of Max and DR, the blame has to be on Horner for holding out and trying to keep Max in front when Dr was faster - he wants to talk about team - then Manage it and get the faster driver in front. I guarantee that DR would have been told to move over if Crashstappen was faster and the roles were reversed.

You knew Max was going to keep elbows out all the time and be the petulant little s**t that if he cant win then he's not gonna let his teammate do it either.

And thats exactly how it played out.

******* bullshit ruined it all.

GO ADR.

And this is the whole thing in a nutshell.

Its Seb and Webber all over again. The European driver gets the Austrian luv. Newey wants them all shot. The fastest bloke should get called thru. Thats not team orders, thats having the balls to dictate the faster driver gets the nod who, ever it is. Newey looked at Horner in disgust when he left the pitwall and Horner knew he should have made the call to back Crashsteppan off and let ADR thru.

It was all set up from the first time they touched. Max understeered into 1 and pushed DR off track. Then when ADR got him Max held his line into 2 and if ADR didnt bail out of it - which he did - that was both of them out.

Then the overcut worked for Max but ADR was faster again and 3 moves in the braking zone later its all gone pear shaped.

AS much as Horner and Marko want to get all red necked from yelling at both of Max and DR, the blame has to be on Horner for holding out and trying to keep Max in front when Dr was faster - he wants to talk about team - then Manage it and get the faster driver in front. I guarantee that DR would have been told to move over if Crashstappen was faster and the roles were reversed.

You knew Max was going to keep elbows out all the time and be the petulant little s**t that if he cant win then he's not gonna let his teammate do it either.

And thats exactly how it played out.

******* bullshit ruined it all.

GO ADR.

Agree. Can’t state “team” after letting the Mercs and Ferrari open up a pit stop gap, when RIC could have tried chasing them down, if RIC failed to do so, he just hands the position back. That’s what some teammates do and have done in teams. It’s not as if VER was fighting for a podium position place, he was 4th.

Oh yeah... and... Go ADR!!!

Well this thread became quite entertaining reading!!

I still haven’t figured out where this country is. Even though I’m sure I’ve google mapped it the last two races.

I had to look it up on google maps as well. First thought - I don't think they'd appreciate a warplane flyover as much as we do...

Ahhhhh Max when will you learn.

Super race though, this place provides action

Do you have to be one or the other? I think some on here let their Aussie bias get in the way sometimes.
I thought that Antony Davidson did a good job explaining the issue on Sky. If you had to assign one driver more blame for the incident then yes its Max but overall for me its a racing incident (providing that Max had already started covering off the left hand side before the braking zone)
Di Resta would disagree, and we know Max has form. The whole thing would never have happened if he didn't try to run Dan off the road more than once.

Helmut defending Max solidifies it more for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back