F1 Championship - Round 18 - U.S.A Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win by Kimi.

Do you think young Bottas forgot where his brake pedal was, or, he actually tried to meet some part of Vettel's Ferrari? Very late brake, didn't have a hope in hell of getting around that corner... ... ... (three ellipses in a row, make of this what you will)

Recorded the race so will watch it when I get home from work. I was trying to stay spoiler free until I accidentally saw something about Vet hitting RIC first lap and thought "* it, I'll check the result" because if it was a HAM win from start to finish I wouldn't have bothered, but when I saw the news Kimi won I was over the moon.

Can't wait to get home and watch it now :D Not sure what I'm looking more forward to, his in car reaction, his podium reaction or the post race interviews hahaha

Recorded the race so will watch it when I get home from work. I was trying to stay spoiler free until I accidentally saw something about Vet hitting RIC first lap and thought "**** it, I'll check the result" because if it was a HAM win from start to finish I wouldn't have bothered, but when I saw the news Kimi won I was over the moon.

Can't wait to get home and watch it now :D Not sure what I'm looking more forward to, his in car reaction, his podium reaction or the post race interviews hahaha

Let me know if Dan does his post race interview in his angry Texan accent instead of his pre race happy Texan accent

What benefit do Red Bull receive by deliberately sabotaging the engine of one of its cars ?
Do you know how much money goes into these cars each race weekend ?
Do you know much much it would cost them if Dan again beat Max in the drivers championship?

Daniel has had trouble every single weekend since signing for Renault either penalties or dnf, it is way past the point of mere coincidence

What benefit do Red Bull receive by deliberately sabotaging the engine of one of its cars ?
Do you know how much money goes into these cars each race weekend ?

Yeah, it's believable that they could favour Max with a quicker car but there's no way they're wasting all that time, money and energy by wilfully giving Dan an unreliable car. Would be cheaper and more face saving to leave him at home.

Do you know much much it would cost them if Dan again beat Max in the drivers championship?
Financially ?
https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a15927068/how-f1-teams-make-money/
Starting off, every team that's been classified for the past two seasons receives $36 million.
Not affected by Max beating Daniel
Then, teams are paid based on where they finished last year
Red Bull have been guarantee'd 3rd in the Constructors since way before Daniel announced he was leaving. Deliberately causing Daniel to DNF would only reduce their overall points haul and make them more vulnerable in the constructors.
Teams also get cash as a part of the constructor's championship bonus—Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, and Red Bull received $143 million in total
Once again, this only highlights the importance of having both cars do well.

Now lets see how much it might cost to replace an engine that you "deliberately" set up to fail...
finder-f1-cost-to-repair-part-analysis-infographic.jpg

Do you honestly believe that Red Bull throw away that kind of money just because they hate Australians ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Financially ?
https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a15927068/how-f1-teams-make-money/

Not affected by Max beating Daniel

Red Bull have been guarantee'd 3rd in the Constructors since way before Daniel announced he was leaving. Deliberately causing Daniel to DNF would only reduce their overall points haul and make them more vulnerable in the constructors.

Once again, this only highlights the importance of having both cars do well.

Now lets see how much it might cost to replace an engine that you "deliberately" set up to fail...
finder-f1-cost-to-repair-part-analysis-infographic.jpg

Do you honestly believe that Red Bull throw away that kind of money just because they hate Australians ?
I stopped at the bolded contradiction, lol'd at the final sentence.

FYI the part that failed costs them nothing to replace, they will use an older used version to limp dan through the rest of the season and if it fails as well they really don't care, none of this 1.5mil rubbish, absolutely NOTHING.

I stopped at the bolded contradiction, lol'd at the final sentence.

FYI the part that failed costs them nothing to replace, they will use an older used version to limp dan through the rest of the season and if it fails as well they really don't care, none of this 1.5mil rubbish, absolutely NOTHING.
Whilst the position in constructors is sealed, throwing away points only does damage to it (reducing the buffer). I refuse to believe that any constructor would knowingly throw away points, regardless of their situation.

Daniels engine failure seemed pretty severe, and Horner mentioned grid penalties next week, so it doesn't seem like they can just chuck in an old parts and get him going. The bolded statement is just emotion, makes no logical sense at all.

Every driver has bad luck with reliability. Max had it earlier on this year and a lot of last year. Lewis Hamilton had a poor run in 2016, it happens in F1. You don't hear much about other drivers run of bad luck on here because they aren't Ricciardo.

If you want to continue to believe that Red Bull are sabotaging one of their own cars (that are built in a factory with hundreds of engineers) just to spite an Australian who is leaving at the end of the year, then go ahead.

I looked it up to confirm. Verstappen had 5 mechanical dnfs last year. 2 power unit, electrical, oil pressure and brakes.

Ricciardo had 5. Fuel cell, Brakes, Engine, turbo and hydraulics. On top of that, Verstappen punted him off at Hungary.

I can't account for any mechanical drama in qualifying.

A s far as this year is concerned. I forgot what happened at Belgium. Along with the drama at Azerbaijan, which the blame is put on Verstappen's weaving. So that's hat possibly up to 7 non-driving error dnfs.

Verstappen has two mechanical dnfs this year, along with getting the blame at Azerbaijan and screwing up at Silverstone.

Whilst the position in constructors is sealed, throwing away points only does damage to it (reducing the buffer). I refuse to believe that any constructor would knowingly throw away points, regardless of their situation.

Daniels engine failure seemed pretty severe, and Horner mentioned grid penalties next week, so it doesn't seem like they can just chuck in an old parts and get him going. The bolded statement is just emotion, makes no logical sense at all.

Every driver has bad luck with reliability. Max had it earlier on this year and a lot of last year. Lewis Hamilton had a poor run in 2016, it happens in F1. You don't hear much about other drivers run of bad luck on here because they aren't Ricciardo.

If you want to continue to believe that Red Bull are sabotaging one of their own cars (that are built in a factory with hundreds of engineers) just to spite an Australian who is leaving at the end of the year, then go ahead.
You really do not get it do you, It will cost RED BULL not RBR. Max is a marketing dream worth multi-millions to them but not if his team mate has beaten him 3 years in a row and then dumped them because he doesn't believe they can win world titles. A couple of engine parts are INSIGNIFICANT in the big scheme of things. The sponsors can not allow dan to beat max this year no matter what it costs, they will get it back ten fold.

FYI Max didn't have it any worse then Dan last year with reliability and they were pretty similar this year before Dan announced he was moving to Renault, since then things have changed drastically and if you believe that is merely coincidence then good luck to you.

Yep. I didn't buy exactly into deliberately sabotaging Ricciardo's car. But if it's true about using experimental, untried, worn parts, then that's a product of favouritism. Ricciardo and us fans have to suck it up because he has no clout in the team. Despite his talent, performances and results, he can't demand equality because he has no clout in the team. As good as he is, he's a product of RB and he's going to leave.

To back up davis' point a bit. PR is taken really seriously these days, way more than even the 90s. It just looks bad if Ricciardo got the better results. I'd say that if you gave RB the option of winning the remaining 3 races with Ricciardo or winning one with Verstappen? They're much rather win the one with Verstappen. Ricciardo's performances/results are expendable to them.

And if anyone knows tanking when they see it, it's a Carlton supporter...amirite? :D

Yep. I didn't buy exactly into deliberately sabotaging Ricciardo's car. But if it's true about using experimental, untried, worn parts, then that's a product of favouritism. Ricciardo and us fans have to suck it up because he has no clout in the team. Despite his talent, performances and results, he can't demand equality because he has no clout in the team. As good as he is, he's a product of RB and he's going to leave.

To back up davis' point a bit. PR is taken really seriously these days, way more than even the 90s. It just looks bad if Ricciardo got the better results. I'd say that if you gave RB the option of winning the remaining 3 races with Ricciardo or winning one with Verstappen? They're much rather win the one with Verstappen. Ricciardo's performances/results are expendable to them.

The best pr for them is for both cars to finish with Max ahead. It's better exposure for their sponsors and for them to proclaim they are keeping the better driver without the asterisk that Max was only beating Dan because of superior reliability.

I wouldn't call it tanking just looking after sponsorship dollars, perfectly understandable why they would do it but still frustrating for those trying to watch.
I know, just stirring.
I would have thought sponsors get better value for their dollar if their logo on the side of the car is getting regular air time, not hidden away in the garage on Sunday. If sponsors started to believe Redbull were purposely taking a car off the track through mechanical sabotage or lack of trying with regards to reliability , I don’t think that would go down too well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back