FTA-TV F1 Drive to Survive Netflix

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never really paid attention to the conferences, some of the dialogue between the team principals are quite amusing to see definitely not as rigid and text book like the AFL.

Also it's was refreshing to see proper journalists in the media straight up ask Mclaren's principal "when will you resign?". Our "journalist" goons would never dare say such a thing.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Nearly finished, one more left

Each episode tells a tale of woe or good fortune; the Haas v Renault episode is a great yarn. Highly enjoyable that lifts the lid to see beyond the bravado we will see this weekend

My only nit pick is the absence of Vettel and Hamilton episodes

Hope they do a 2019 season!

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think it was a smart choice to leave out Ferrari & Mercedes. And I'm sure they intentionally left both teams for next season of the series.

I appreciated the insight into the lower rank teams and their battles between each other.

I think it was a smart choice to leave out Ferrari & Mercedes. And I'm sure they intentionally left both teams for next season of the series.

I appreciated the insight into the lower rank teams and their battles between each other.

Mercedes and Ferrari opted not to participate. Now that the series is out, I expect even less incentive for them agree to jump on.

Not that I minded, much of the narrative was centred around those teams anyway so getting a greater insight into the 'lesser' teams is appreciated.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
“The Scuderia, and title rivals Mercedes, were conspicuous by their absence in series one, as both turned down access in order to focus on their title battle.

However, both will be featured in series two, meaning fans will get an insight into Lewis Hamilton's apparent romp to a sixth title and Sebastian Vettel's deterioration.

"We are thrilled to once again be working with Netflix on the second series of Drive to Survive," said Ian Holmes, Director of Media Rights at Formula 1.”

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought Ferrari and Mercedes didn't join in because they thought it was "beneath them" ..

Anyways I think the absence of the two teams was what made season 1 most enjoyable.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Season 2. Currently onto episode 5.

Certainly entertaining, but so far no where near as gripping and compelling as the first.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Very good finish to season 2.

Mercedes was a great addition to the season.

Toto is an absolute boss.

Getting to see Lewis in a more human perspective, rather than what mostly is a PR facade.

Seeing Gasly finish on podium and the whole event of it, brought a big smile.

The William's s**t show was interesting.

Look forward to 2020 with the new spending regulation's and how much of an overall impact it will have.

Must be tough for these guys when they get asked to not 'Race'. I mean, it is in the name, Racing Car Driver. Like Hulkenberg up on Daniels arse in one race and getting told to back off. Guy is driving for his career and gets told not to race. I know you sign up for a team and they pay you to I guess do what you are told, but probably goes against every instinct that got them there.

Watched up to Episode 2, it's great. As good as S1 and the prospect of having Mercedes and Ferrari episodes (I believe the Mercedes one was at the German GP which would be amazing for sure) makes it even better. Is the Ferrari episode about the LeClerc/Vettel team orders? If so, brilliant.

That Rich Energy CEO is dodgy as f*** even from the barely 5 minutes we got of him. More Gunther Steiner please, that guy really really loves his F1 and his candour and potty mouth is compelling viewing.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Must be tough for these guys when they get asked to not 'Race'. I mean, it is in the name, Racing Car Driver. Like Hulkenberg up on Daniels arse in one race and getting told to back off. Guy is driving for his career and gets told not to race. I know you sign up for a team and they pay you to I guess do what you are told, but probably goes against every instinct that got them there.

Yeh hard episode to watch that...he’s a bit like Brad Scott, Hulk, 10 years of not much to show

Back