F1 in 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

usfail.jpg

Love it. :thumbsu:

It seems the Beeb's ads for the new season feature Martin Brundle and David Croft (who did their 5Live coverage last season). Probably reading too much into it, but could it mean the end of Legard?

HRT

71514640-4b3d095ccfc40e8ee3b62f46fcae7ad3.4b8feb8b-full.jpg

sep0263.jpg

That's without any sponsors on it. So, at least we know they actually do have a car.

Cannot imagine that Stefan would have purchased the car without a guaranteed grid slot.

They may well have negotiated first rights with Toyota if a spot were to open up, but highly doubtful any transaction has taken place yet.

Ah, so it'll be 45 minutes on AMW and then about six minutes on everyone else. The other nine minutes will consist of Greg Rust naturally being a gigantic douche.

true, I forgot about Schumacher.

Although you'd expect that anyway. It's a big deal, after all.

Karun Chandhok named as the second Hispania driver. Viva la pay-drivers!
Not sure if you guys know much about him down there but he's the special comments guy on the Star Sports F1 race coverage here in Asia and I enjoy listening to him. Really insightful, knows his stuff and articulates the race well from the drivers perspective.
I don't think his own race results have been anything flash till now but I hope he does well. A definite upgrade on Karthikeyan and Yoong.

ONE HD have a one hour season preview show in tonight at 7.30pm, worth a look, although have to put up with Greg Rust, Craig Baird and the F1 expert that is Darryl Beattie.

How bad was Craig Baird... made Cameron "That's For Sure" McConville look fluent and coherent. Chemistry with him on the panel was terrible.

Why they don't just stick with Darryl and Rusty for all motorsport hosting duties is a mystery. Its not as if others add any more expertise... all they do is paraphrase internet stories, rumours and factoids anyway. Rusty is probably more suited to give analysis, and all he does is feed questions to the "expert", whom I'm sure he has also supplied the answer (or at least the link to the article containing the answer).

James Allen replacing Mr USF1 for the pre-race and paddock reports... at least there is someone on ONE's coverage that has some clue.

How bad was Craig Baird... made Cameron "That's For Sure" McConville look fluent and coherent. Chemistry with him on the panel was terrible.

His knowledge was average at best as well.

Thun there's the iccsent.

Not a great package all around, really.

There's no real need to have that many on the panel. They don't actually do anything anyway except cater for the casual fan who knows very little - bang on about Webber for a bit, then it's race time.

Ideally we'd just get the Beeb feed.

lol "That's for sure" McConville. Nice! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shumacher not giving up yet;

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2010/04/12/schumi-going-to-plan/

Michael Schumacher has backed up the claims of his Mercedes paymasters by admitting that, while things have not gone to plan so far, he has no intention of quitting Formula 1.

Speaking ahead of this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix, Schumi acknowledged that he has not achieved the results many had predicted of his partnership with the German outfit, but insisted that things were progressing and would continue to do so.

http://sundayafternoonclub.blogs.topgear.com/2010/04/12/schumi-going-to-plan/

No matter what he says, things haven gone to plan, he is 26 points behind his team mate, and there is nothing he can say to dispute or excuse that.

He will last one season, and retire in relative quiet without winning a race this season.

No matter what he says, things haven gone to plan, he is 26 points behind his team mate, and there is nothing he can say to dispute or excuse that.

He's been outperformed by Rosberg so far, but there's no shame in that - Rosberg is an excellent driver.

26 points looks like alot on the face of it, but if you analyse a little deeper - the performance gap isn't as big as that.

He's lost a lot of points through incidents that weren't his fault in Australia and Malaysia. Was an unfortunate victim of Alonso's and Button's mess in Melbourne, and then the car let him down in Malaysia.

Rosberg is quicker, but most people should have expected that.

He will last one season, and retire in relative quiet without winning a race this season.

I still think he'll be replaced by Heidfeld mid-way through the year. I don't think Nick would've signed on, otherwise.

Just another country with no GP history who pay big bucks to host one on a Tilke circuit for no apparent reason other than to promote commercial investement. Good news.

To an extent, but I'd still rather have an extra Grand Prix, no matter where they held it.

431pxkoreainternational.png

There is a few overtaking spots in the first sector, but the other two sectors will be follow the leader. If you get a good run of turn 12 someone might be able to force a pass into turn 14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back