F1 in 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Also what is the latest on Kubica?

Had another operation recently

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100151
Robert Kubica has undergone surgery in order to improve the mobility of his arm following his accident last year.

The Pole, who continues recovering from the horrific crash he was involved in during a rally at the start of last year, had surgery at the Pederzoli hospital at the end of last month, when parts of his elbow were replaced with two prosthesis.

According to the doctor in charge of the operation, that will allow Kubica to fully handle the steering wheel of a car.

The doctor also said that the Polish driver had been carrying out tests in a simulator prior to the operation.

"This way the driver will be able to fully handle the steering wheel, while before he was unable to rotate the palm down, so he was forced to release the steering wheel in order to turn left," head surgeon Ruggero Testoni was quoted as saying by Italian media.

"The surgery was preceded by a series of tests in a car simulator. It will take at least one month in order to stabilize."

Webber is surely joining Ferrari next year.
Leaves a spot at RedBull.
Neither Ricciardo or Vergne have set the world on fire in the STR for mine. I think both may be given an extra year at STR.
Who joins RBR then for a year or so? Youd think theyd want someone who can compete at the top in case something goes wrong with Vettel.

Where's your source that 100% confirms he is joining Ferrari? Last week they were saying Vettel was going to Ferrari. It all depends on the 2nd half of the season. If he wins a few races and thinks he's reached the maximum he can do in a Red Bull then he might consider it, but going by previous years he'll probably stay put.

Webber is surely joining Ferrari next year.
Leaves a spot at RedBull.
Neither Ricciardo or Vergne have set the world on fire in the STR for mine. I think both may be given an extra year at STR.
Who joins RBR then for a year or so? Youd think theyd want someone who can compete at the top in case something goes wrong with Vettel.

Wait and see about Webber moving because other names have been linked to Ferrari.

I think Ricciardo and Vergne need another 2 years because they are just starting.

Don't be surprised if Kubica is not back in F1 next year but the year after.

This is from another forum and unsourced but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

Mark just said in an interview on Dutch television that he will be racing in F1 next year.

"I will be racing in Formula 1 next year. That's clear."

Seems Ferrari-tastic to me.

I hope it isn't true. Vettel is far too good a driver to be Alonso's lackey. Besides, I doubt very much that Vettel would want to go there while Alonso is still at the helm, nor would Alonso take kindly to having a teammate who beats him (look at 2007)!

Do you think Alonso would have a say in the matter. Unless he wins one of the next 2 titles, before Vettel who is a good chance at being a 3 time champ becomes avaliable, Ferrari would be stupid not to have a massive crack at him.

So Webber to Ferrari next year? Ricciardo or Vergne to step up into Webber's role at RBR next year. When Vettel goes Ricciardo or Vergne up into the number 1 drivers spot?

Hopefully RBR are still competitive and don't get sluggish because they don't have goldenboy who can do marketing for them.

So Webber to Ferrari next year? Ricciardo or Vergne to step up into Webber's role at RBR next year. When Vettel goes Ricciardo or Vergne up into the number 1 drivers spot?

Hopefully RBR are still competitive and don't get sluggish because they don't have goldenboy who can do marketing for them.

I think Webber will be at Ferrari next year too. I cant see either vergne or ricciardo going straight in next year though. I think they both need a year or 2 more. I think theyll go a stop gap.
Maybe a Grosjean, or Maldonado, who have both put in some strong performances this year.
Or even an experienced guy like a Glock or Kovalainen as a reliable number 2 until both seats 'potentially' open up in 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to note, this time last year vettel had 7 poles,6 wins, 3 2nds and 204 points..

This year 3 poles, 1 win, 1 second , 1 third and 100 points

Be interesting to see what Ferrari do now.

Surely Massa wont be there again.

Im also interested to know how many yars Button has left on hisMcLaren contract. he has been woeful lately. Wouldnt be surpirsed if he switched at some point.

Button re-signed last year when ferrari were chasing him.

Pretty sure, if he exercises all his options, ( ie there would be an exit / renewal clause after 2 years ) its a 4 year contract..

He has been woeful, driving like he needs a change....

My thoughts exactly. I thought he could go well in a Ferrari.
He has gone on record a few times saying how much he loves McLaren.

It does make the second Ferrari drive all the more interesting. I dont think Perez has done enough consistently to get it. If Schumi signs at Mercedes again, what about Nico???

My thoughts exactly. I thought he could go well in a Ferrari.
He has gone on record a few times saying how much he loves McLaren.

It does make the second Ferrari drive all the more interesting. I dont think Perez has done enough consistently to get it. If Schumi signs at Mercedes again, what about Nico???

I agree totally about perez, he's not ready, and ferrari tend to hire older established drivers.

I like nico and button, also like di resta...

Massa has looked better recently, which is good to see...
If the vettel rumour is true (2014) maybe massa will stay ...:eek:

I agree totally about perez, he's not ready, and ferrari tend to hire older established drivers.

I like nico and button, also like di resta...

Massa has looked better recently, which is good to see...
If the vettel rumour is true (2014) maybe massa will stay ...:eek:

Diresta will surely be in a Mercedes at some stage in the not too distant. Theyve been grooming him for as long as McLaren did Hamilton nearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back