FA Cup 2018/19

Untitled.jpg

Out of the 16 teams left I have a personal interest in 3 of the teams.

QPR (cousin goes for them), Derby (Harry Wilson on loan there), Doncaster (Herbie Kane on loan there).

Will be tough for all 3 of those clubs considering they all play prem clubs. Although I think Lampards boys could give Brighton a run for their money.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
The furthest Doncaster have made it is my life time !

I have an old school mate who supports Palace so a bit of friendly chat has already started.

Just don't want a draw now as any extra games will affect our promotion push.

Good luck to Donny, awkward draw for us. Will need to be at our best, looks like a slippery banana skin to me.

Door is slightly ajar for a non-top 6 team to collect a trophy, so hope we field a strong side.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Good luck to Donny, awkward draw for us. Will need to be at our best, looks like a slippery banana skin to me.

Door is slightly ajar for a non-top 6 team to collect a trophy, so hope we field a strong side.

The good thing is we are in very good form in the league. Playing attacking football and scoring goals. I can't imagine us trying to just hold on. I think we will go out there to play good football.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
The good thing is we are in very good form in the league. Playing attacking football and scoring goals. I can't imagine us trying to just hold on. I think we will go out there to play good football.

Yeh, agree, no point "hanging on" in a cup tie, no replay, so must be a result on the day.

Be interesting which Palace team turns up, the sharp team that won at the Etihad and should have got something at Anfield or the ineffective team who have lost meekly too many times this season.

Your mob must be playing with confidence being high up in League 1, decent trip for us, haven't been out of London for nearly a month and doubt any of our players have played at the 'Moat' before (maybe apart from Wilf).

Good luck.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeh, agree, no point "hanging on" in a cup tie, no replay, so must be a result on the day.

Be interesting which Palace team turns up, the sharp team that won at the Etihad and should have got something at Anfield or the ineffective team who have lost meekly too many times this season.

Your mob must be playing with confidence being high up in League 1, decent trip for us, haven't been out of London for nearly a month and doubt any of our players have played at the 'Moat' before (maybe apart from Wilf).

Good luck.

Cheers. Let's hope for a good game and no injuries. Good luck :thumbsu:

Really looking forward to this. Haven't got a clue what sort of lineup we'll put out. Pitch looks like a cow paddock so our passers won't find it easy.

These are the most interest types of cup games imo. Away against a lower league side who'll be right up for it.

Been hard work so far. The pitch is poor and we're struggling to cope with it. Two very good penalty shouts not given, and Sane wrongly called offside when through 1 on 1 with the keeper. A few half chances, they've had a couple of good chances themselves.

Wouldn't want it to stay 0-0 for too long in the second half.

Got the job done. Scoreline didn't really represent the match.

Couple of goals for Foden was nice although the keeper could have done better for his first.

But it's just a case of progressing, and then move on to the next game.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Out of the 16 teams left I have a personal interest in 3 of the teams.

QPR (cousin goes for them), Derby (Harry Wilson on loan there), Doncaster (Herbie Kane on loan there).

Will be tough for all 3 of those clubs considering they all play prem clubs. Although I think Lampards boys could give Brighton a run for their money.

Shame to see Derby go down 2-1 to Brighton. Lamps has an exciting team going there.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Christ this weekend has been boring football wise. You really aren’t missing out on this competition. The FA cup dies a little bit more every season. I don’t know how you reverse it, I think the only way is to offer up a CL place for winning it but that will never happen

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Christ this weekend has been boring football wise. You really aren’t missing out on this competition. The FA cup dies a little bit more every season. I don’t know how you reverse it, I think the only way is to offer up a CL place for winning it but that will never happen

I agree. As a Liverpool fan I don’t even know what the fa cup is anymore, we’re out of it after the first week of January

FA Cup is brilliant.

Don't think of it from the perspective of someone whose team has already been knocked out. Think of it from the perspective of a Newport player/coach/supporter. Or any of the other clubs still in it.

It takes over communities.

A good cup run is the highlight of the year (sometimes the decade) for some.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night's match. Best matchup of the round and should be a cracker.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fair play to Palace. The stats show a pretty even game, but by all accounts, Palace's class stood out, particularly in front off goal.

Now time for Donny to focus on promotion.

Back