FA Cup 2018/19

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The (stupid) rule for the FA Cup is that VAR is used only in EPL club stadiums.

Oh, I see. That is ridiculous but makes sense with the FA. Good system, only 20 clubs can benefit from it.

Can’t do that. We still don’t know what Dean said to rile MP. Self important campaigners

Yeah, I know you can’t. They would have been within their right to do it though. The offside goal was so clear that all the linesman needed to do was pay attention.

Man City, quadruple.
Too many games.

13 in 44 days from the end of March to the end of the league season, and then we'd still have two cup finals to play.

Impossible to sustain top performances so we'd have to be incredibly lucky.

I'd be happy with the league and maybe one of the cups. Would be an amazing season.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Man City have a squad more than capable of rotating and performing in all 3.

Winning just the league would be an incredibly poor season IMO.

Man City have a squad more than capable of rotating and performing in all 3.

Winning just the league would be an incredibly poor season IMO.
Winning a league (and league cup) is never a poor season.

Rotation isn't really a problem. You just can't be at your best game in, game out. Over that 6/7 week period we will have our sub par matches. And if you're not on top of things you run the risk of a bad result.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's a poor season when you've spent the best part of £500 million and that's all you have to show for it.

Guardiola needs that Champions League win to justify it IMO. Although i think they will do it this year.

It's a poor season when you've spent the best part of £500 million and that's all you have to show for it.

Guardiola needs that Champions League win to justify it IMO. Although i think they will do it this year.
Two league titles and two cups in three years would be a pretty good return imo.

Particularly given one of them was a 100 point title.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Too many games.

13 in 44 days from the end of March to the end of the league season, and then we'd still have two cup finals to play.

Impossible to sustain top performances so we'd have to be incredibly lucky.

I'd be happy with the league and maybe one of the cups. Would be an amazing season.
You better win the league. No slip-ups from here on in.

Wouldn’t mind if you won the Champions League, either. Seeing one of Messi/CR add to their tally would be special, but out of the 4 English teams remaining, you’re by far and wide the most bearable.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

They should prioritise the CL IMO. If they want to be regarded as a truly great side they need to conquer Europe.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Two league titles and two cups in three years would be a pretty good return imo.

Particularly given one of them was a 100 point title.

It would be but when does City expect more? When do you expect more as a City fan?

Two league titles and two cup is an amazing return for most clubs but when you go out and get arguably the best manager, the best players, have the best facilities and push god knows how much much money towards results, when do you start aiming higher?

Its now 11 years since the club has been taken over. When do City claim their place as a real European Super club?

As an Arsenal fan I absolutely hate our poor European record, even when we were arguably the best team in England.

They should prioritise the CL IMO. If they want to be regarded as a truly great side they need to conquer Europe.
Got no doubt the club will prioritise Champions League. I look at the cup semi, Palace away and potentially Burnley away as matches we might rest a few in.

For me, the league is more important, but the club think different.

It would be but when does City expect more? When do you expect more as a City fan?

Two league titles and two cup is an amazing return for most clubs but when you go out and get arguably the best manager, the best players, have the best facilities and push god knows how much much money towards results, when do you start aiming higher?

Its now 11 years since the club has been taken over. When do City claim their place as a real European Super club?

As an Arsenal fan I absolutely hate our poor European record, even when we were arguably the best team in England.
It might be just me, the first 15 years or so I supported the club, Europe wasn't really a thing. But I see the champions League as something you hope to win, but never expect to win.

There are sides in it that gave spent loads, and have great players. For me we have no right to expect to beat them. We'll do our best, and I'd like to think we'll win one (or two) in the next decade.

Why’s that? Lol hate Pool that much?
Nah, just for me it's the ultimate to win over a 38 game season.

The best side doesn't always win the Champions League. The best side always wins the league.

Back