Greyhairs

Senior List
May 6, 2019
Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins.
Some would call the Community Shield a proper trophy. It’s not. It’s why we call what City did a domestic treble and not a domestic quadruple. In conclusion, who gives a rats arse about the Community Shield? :p
Jose thought it was quite an achievement

Greyhairs

Senior List
May 6, 2019
Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins.
Terrific show of loyalty and support from the Watford fans.
Just as much a win for Watford as it was for us actually winning the game.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I agree, just want something to put in the trophy case, it's been a while.

You’re favourites to put something different in the trophy cabinet in a couple of weeks. So yeah, I hope for humanities sake that Liverpool’s next trophy comes in the Community Shield.

Jose thought it was quite an achievement

Jose is an idiot so I am not surprised. :p

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Community Shield is an important trophy when you win it, glorified friendly when you don't

It IS a glorified friendly and this is the opinion of someone who’s club has won it 6 times in the last 12 years and I haven’t watched any of the matches. Not worth watching or losing sleep over.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I see Cities achievements similar to that of Bayern/PSG/Juve/Barca. They are a great team, well run and are getting it done but they also have a bit of a leg up financially on the rest.

Bayern & Juve can actually win the ultimate club football trophy (CL) - PSG & City cannot. I wouldnt call them the same really.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The only good thing about winning the CS is it meant you won the league or FA Cup the season before. Same thing with the Super Cup but with the CL and EL. Just glorified friendly matches

The only good thing about winning the CS is it meant you won the league or FA Cup the season before. Same thing with the Super Cup but with the CL and EL. Just glorified friendly matches
We didn't though.

Back