FA Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I could get the league cup but I don't really get Klopp's thinking on this.

They might win the replay, but if it was my team and we got knocked because my manager prioritised a holiday over silverware I'd be a bit peeved.

Has plenty of credits in the bank though, and I'm sure the Liverpool board are all fine with it. Just find it a bit of a weird approach to take.

They might win the replay, but if it was my team and we got knocked because my manager prioritised a holiday over silverware I'd be a bit peeved.

Has plenty of credits in the bank though, and I'm sure the Liverpool board are all fine with it. Just find it a bit of a weird approach to take.
We've got 0 senior players available due to the PL's pre-arranged break (they also requested no games be played during this period). The FA should move the game.

We've got 0 senior players available due to the PL's pre-arranged break (they also requested no games be played during this period). The FA should move the game.
Entirely your choice not to make them available.

Which is fine, just that I'd be disappointed if we made the same choice and got knocked out of a cup we had a chance of winning.

You might win with the kids and it'll all be forgotten about.

I think some underestimate the amount of stress managers go through. Just like at Ole at Man United, aged about 10 years in 1.
I would gladly go through the stress they go through for millions of pounds a year.

Then if I was s**t and get a payout, I'd still get paid.

It's win/win.

Come on Ross, you're being totally daft now.

It seems quite likely arsenal will play man city during this supposed break.

Our players have to go on international duty during parts of the season, so that adds several games onto their seasons. Which is why we have to rest players.

Ross, I’m a fan of yours and you’re usually better than this. Perhaps you too need a little break, speaking of tiredness. Time to let your hair down, you work hard. You play hard.

792574.jpg

6f4HCH6p-ksgeo6ptO-pkLEflhQ=.gif

he should shut the fu** up about crowds and the fans. 40k midweek cup attendance is fantastic. maybe he could ask his pals to lower the ticket prices if he wants more people in.
Having listened to the whole presser I think it's a case of part naivety from Pep and part s**t stirring from the press.

And as he tends to do, his attempts to smooth things over tend to have the opposite effect.

Still, it keeps the Liverpool supporters talking about us so not all bad.

On that logic, the FA should also be moving the Oxford v Newcastle & Tottenham v Southampton games.

I 100% understand Klopp's position.

1/ All of the Liverpool players are literally on holidays - ie. posting Insta photos from everywhere. So Klopp decided not to ask them to cancel at a weeks notice to play Shrewsbury - he will win a mountain of kudos from the players for that.

2/ Klopp is playing the long game. He is taking a stance that English football MUST resolve the break properly. You can bet it will happen now.

3/ I think he is prioritising the Champions League. Liverpool are literally the best team in the world right now - so the Champions League should be their goal.

I seriously do not give a s**t about the FA Cup. This year is all about the League. Then the Champions League. If the FA Cup happens then great but don't jeopardise what Liverpool are currently doing to make it happen.

Entirely your choice not to make them available.

Which is fine, just that I'd be disappointed if we made the same choice and got knocked out of a cup we had a chance of winning.

You might win with the kids and it'll all be forgotten about.
I feel a bit that way but Klopp's bigger picture is to win the league ASAP and concentrate on Champions League. If we win both of those the FA cup won't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs a rest too. Look how burnt out he looked in the post match presser the other day.

Also with 0 senior players available due to the break, the U23s manager would know more about the youth players that we field.

He's chucking a tanty. Nothing more, nothing less. He's still frustrated about previous events this season and this is his way of proving a point that doesn't need to be proved. And it is very disrespectful to Shrewsbury whichever way you want to spin it.

What I do find amazing is that Liverpool fans will defend Klopp no matter what, with no reservations and even the slightest hint of criticism.
Great manager, amazing job but it doesn't mean he isn't a dick sometimes with a serious case of ADD.

Fixture congestion is really only an issue for the six sides that play in Europe and they generally have the finances to have a deep enough squad.

Tough luck if you have to play a replay because you fielded a weakened side against a opposition you should comfortably beat. Completely avoidable result and therefore difficult to find any sympathy for Klopp on this one.

Fixture congestion is really only an issue for the six sides that play in Europe and they generally have the finances to have a deep enough squad.

Tough luck if you have to play a replay because you fielded a weakened side against a opposition you should comfortably beat. Completely avoidable result and therefore difficult to find any sympathy for Klopp on this one.
They barely play more games than the typical championship club. I think the fixture congestion is a bit overblown.

All top sides have to go through this, it comes with the territory and Liverpool need to get used to it.

Seems more like they got holidays planned they'd rather go on and playing a replay is an inconvenience.

Yep. Klopp is pretty insistent on the winter break for the benefit of all players.

While it isn't ideal him not being at the cup match you have to admire the bloke for sticking to his principals even potentially at his cost.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the likes of Klopp and Guardiola whingeing about FA Cup replays. It's been that way for a hundred years or whatever, tough s**t if you don't like it. I agree with them that players are being made to play too many games but the FA Cup is just an easy target, it's not like replays are a new thing. And they're both only here for a few more years at the most so just lump it, don't pressure the FA to change something that won't even effect you down the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back