FA Cup 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

That image is one or two passes prior to the key pass. The image below is the key pass and you can see all the players are in completely different positions.

So the question is how far do you back? 5 passes? 10 passes? 10 minutes?

If Shrewsbury got away with an earlier off-side good luck to them. It did not create the goal and it certainly is not a clear and obvious error. If it is then missed fouls are, illegal throw ins are (every single player in the world takes throws in from the wrong spot, incorrectly placed free kicks are, etc.) How far do we want to go?

He got back on-side for the key pass and it should stand IMO.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.14.37 am.png

That image is one or two passes prior to the key pass. The image below is the key pass and you can see all the players are in completely different positions.

So the question is how far do you back? 5 passes? 10 passes? 10 minutes?

If Shrewsbury got away with an earlier off-side good luck to them. It did not create the goal and it certainly is not a clear and obvious error. If it is then missed fouls are, illegal throw ins are (every single player in the world takes throws in from the wrong spot, incorrectly placed free kicks are, etc.) How far do we want to go?

He got back on-side for the key pass and it should stand IMO.

View attachment 818424

Its the same passage of play, they just exchanged a 1-2 before this image. Just like our goal against the Mancs was disallowed because Mane robbed Maguire before the ball was cleared. If the ball was cleared by the defence either goal would have stood.

Its the same passage of play, they just exchanged a 1-2 before this image. Just like our goal against the Mancs was disallowed because Mane robbed Maguire before the ball was cleared. If the ball was cleared by the defence either goal would have stood.

Ok, I admit I have not seen the whole build up. The highlight I have seen start at the second pass.

Ok, I admit I have not seen the whole build up. The highlight I have seen start at the second pass.
That video posted cut off the guy that was offside. Making the whole video pointless.

The way they went with that, who knows how far they will go back for determining offside. It was his right foot that was offside, but he played it with his left.. I mean if VAR want to get technical..

The way they went with that, who knows how far they will go back for determining offside. It was his right foot that was offside, but he played it with his left.. I mean if VAR want to get technical..

They look at the immediate phase of play only. Had the ball been cleared by a defender and went back to Shrewsbury player and played through the goal stands. Had the player that played the 1-2 then play a long ball out to the right back on the other side of the ground allowing the defence to reset. That too would have been another phase of play.

We copped it vs the Mancs and accepted it. The possible De Gea collision was considered to be the same phase of play due to Maguire not clearing the ball and having it robbed by Mane. Had he controlled the ball and booted it up field to Robbo at LB who then passed to Firmino for a finish the goal would have stood as that becomes another phase of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs are a big club? 🤔
Che v Ars matches and their fans chant about us together. Rent free, and confirmed biggest in London right there

Bit of a flawed stat though, City became one of the big club after their significant investment. City went as low as League 1 in 1998 and got relegated again from the premier league in 2001. So you are only really looking from 2008 onward from when they went on an equal pegging to the other big spending clubs.

Bit of a flawed stat though, City became one of the big club after their significant investment. City went as low as League 1 in 1998 and got relegated again from the premier league in 2001. So you are only really looking from 2008 onward from when they went on an equal pegging to the other big spending clubs.
And Chelsea weren't a big club in the 90s and early 2000s. Newcastle were bigger

And Chelsea weren't a big club in the 90s and early 2000s. Newcastle were bigger

Yep no doubt.

Go back far enough and Nottingham Forest were one of the elite clubs in England as well.

It's no knock on City, but just shows the term "big X club" can fluctuate

Huge game coming up, hard on get a take on Liverpools form as since Klopp demanded they rest they've got into a bit of a hole. I guess we'll play them back into form.

Love to see Tino Anjorin get a start he deserves, going to be quite the footballer. Broja and Gilmore should get some minutes too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back